ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS BOSTON COLLEGE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
It’s crazy to me that this is BC’s third ACC game already, and even crazier, they opened in November playing Wake Forest - in a game they won. They also beat Notre Dame in early December, in South Bend by a point. So although the Golden Eagles have a couple of not so good losses on record, they’re also 2-0 in conference play; and we all know how difficult the ACC can be.

Duke enters today’s game ranked #2 and sports an 11-1 record overall and we’re 1-0 in conference play. Our conference win came on the road, in early December, against Virginia Tech.

Duke enters today’s matchup as a -23 favorite. Which given the rust we showed against Brown on Saturday, it seems like a lot for a conference game.

Today’s tip is slated for an early, 6pm est. due to the holiday and will air on the ACC Network.

Although I think covering 23 is asking a lot, with the hopeful return of Tre, it’s certainly possible. No doubt we’ve missed his leadership and steadying presence during the last two games. Still, I think we win comfortably, but don’t cover.

Duke 84

Boston College 65

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expecting a tight first half and pull away in the 2nd half to win by double didgits!!!

OFC

Duke 75
BC 64

Weird seeing Thornton back in Cameron. Good kid but man he’s jumped around.

Like everyone else I hope Tre returns today and we win by 30+. I believe one of those thing happens. Would like to see Moore and Hurt have good games today. If they improve on a game to game basis in ACC play........watch out haters.

Duke 72
BC 58

Reactions: JCColsCane
No doubt. I believe he got some bad advice.

Agreed!

We met him after a Duke game 4 years ago, and he was very cool, taking time to talk basketball to my 8 y/o daughter who was very shy, while other players were in a hurry to get away from fans. He and Kennard were very cool.

Derryk Thornton is the poster-child for relatives thinking their player is a superstar when they aren’t. He is now a 5th year senior, playing for his 3rd team, (although a solid player) having no real impact in college basketball..

He could have stayed at Duke and been a Quinn Cook type player for us, instead of his people wanting him to be Kyrie.. he could have had 4 years under the greatest coach in the world and had a much better chance at making it to the NBA..

I wish him nothing but the best - but I hope he is completely dominated today.

No ill will toward Thornton, but I hope Tre treats him like a child tonight.

Duke 82
bc 68

Reactions: Fourteen44
Joey Buckets gets back on track after he goes back to his normal 6th or 7th man and hopefully AOC can stay hot.

Duke 85
BC 58

Tre returns, we don't look rusty.

Duke 81
BC 56

Per Ken-Pom, BC has the #239 offense and #75 D. I think we completely shut them down.
KY BOWMAN IS FINALLY GONE!

Reactions: Showenuff
It’s crazy to me that this is BC’s third ACC game already, and even crazier, they opened in November playing Wake Forest - in a game they won. They also beat Notre Dame in early December, in South Bend by a point. So although the Golden Eagles have a couple of not so good losses on record, they’re also 2-0 in conference play; and we all know how difficult the ACC can be.

Duke enters today’s game ranked #2 and sports an 11-1 record overall and we’re 1-0 in conference play. Our conference win came on the road, in early December, against Virginia Tech.

Duke enters today’s matchup as a -23 favorite. Which given the rust we showed against Brown on Saturday, it seems like a lot for a conference game.

Today’s tip is slated for an early, 5pm est. due to the holiday and will air on the ACC Network.

Although I think covering 23 is asking a lot, with the hopeful return of Tre, it’s certainly possible. No doubt we’ve missed his leadership and steadying presence during the last two games. Still, I think we win comfortably, but don’t cover.

Duke 84

Boston College 65

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure about the tip time. The ACCN kept showing the tip time at 6 pm est. during last nights cheater game. I checked the ESPN schedule at it was 6. 247 has it starting at 6. GoDuke.com has it at 6. I also checked ACCN grid schedue and it was also 6 but it would not surprise me that it has been changed to 5 . If so it they need to get the word out. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Fourteen44
Hate I’m gonna miss this game. I’ll have to follow on my phone but church is throwing a HUGE concert in Raleigh. I’ll take Duke by double digits. Tight first half and pull away after K gives them a good cussing for sloppy play.

Duke - 83
BC - 67

Reactions: skysdad
BC isn't a tournament team, but that spread seems huge.

Duke - 80
BC - 68

Everyone plays Duke like it's the national championship game, so I dont see them covering the spread. I wouldnt be surprised to see a tight game with Duke staying ahead around 8 to 10

Reactions: skysdad
It might take a little time for the team to adjust and get into a good flow with Tre back (and let's hope his foot is ok), but they will, and the "D" will take a toll as the game heats up. Duke wins on New Years Eve.

Go Duke!
OFC

Oh yea please don’t play that lineup with Moore, Jack, Javin, Goldwire and Alex again. That may be the worst scoring lineup of any lineup in the country

Not sure if we will be able to see our game in it's entirity. The Miami/Clemson game starts at 4 pm on the ACCN. Hopingfor no OT . Keeping my fingers crossed. OFC

Reactions: Tlass
Not sure if we will be able to see our game in it's entirity. The Miami/Clemson game starts at 4 pm on the ACCN. Hopingfor no OT . Keeping my fingers crossed. OFC
A minute into the second half and it’s 28-28. So I agree hopefully they don’t go to OT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT