ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite rapper.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Ok I don't know a lot about rappers but in one of our threads there is a pic of Coach K and a rapper I've been informed is Two Chains. Let's have a little fun and maybe even some of us old farts can be educated or enlightened. Just post your favorite rapper and a video of your favorite rap song. My goes back a while and some of you may not be familiar with him.

I'm not real big into rap but I do like some. I liked a lot of the older stuff like sugar hill gang, kool moe Dee, not really rap, but I liked the gap band. LL cool J, and Nelly, Run DMC, salt n peps. There's more but I won't try to name them all. Don't care much for the newer stuff

I think the correct term these days is hip-hop....am I correct on that?

I don't listen to any of it today. In the 90's I listened to Dr. Dre, some Snoop, Warren G and some Paperboy ('Ditty' is one of my favorite songs of all-time).

These days I'm primarily a talk radio enthusiast and country music guy....but that's also because it's the business I'm in on a daily basis.

Reactions: skysdad
J. Cole speaks to me like no other rapper really has. Probably because we both have white mothers, and had similar experiences in our youth. I hear someone constantly torn between his obvious talent and lingering self doubt.

The first song was probably one of mylaeast favorite on the mixtape... until I started really hearing the lyrics. The second is just a great track.

Reactions: DukeDenver

I don't listen to any of it today. In the 90's I listened to Dr. Dre, some Snoop, Warren G and some Paperboy ('Ditty' is one of my favorite songs of all-time).

These days I'm primarily a talk radio enthusiast and country music guy....but that's also because it's the business I'm in on a daily basis.
Hip hip refers to the elements of the culture, I.e., rapping, b boying, DJ'ing, graffitti...as a whole

What about the great white rapper, Enima M, I mean Eminem?

It's 2 Chainz, Sky, lol.

No points deducted for being a member of the OFC.

Great thread idea. I'm awaiting the responses!
Ha me too! That’s why it was so cool to see him at the game! 2 chainz, yo gotti, and Rae sremmurd are my top 3 favorite rappers!

Reactions: Quavarius
I'm with sky, Ernie Big T as he is known. The only rapper worth listening too, all the rest are crappers. OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Tupac
Logic
Andy Mineo
Mac Miller
Tedashii

I could go on and on lol (Eric Sermon, Eric B, Wu, Da Brat, MC Lyte....)

Eminem used to be in there but he's gotten too political only because he's becoming a has been. No, I'm not a Republican, and while artists should be outspoken on views, he picked a bad time (and bad lyrics) to try and gain attention.

Tupac
T.I.
Eminem
Bone Thugs n Harmony ( before their last album)
Biggie

Gotta be honest. When this came out, we couldn't get enough. Would wear out copies and have to buy new ones.

First rap CD I ever bought was Warren G Regulators. Listened to the whole thing each day after school in 6th grade. Then followed it up with The Offspring Smash while playing video games.

I’d have to say my favorite was old school OutKast. I can’t pick between Atliens or Aquemini album wise, but Rosa Parks is probably the most memorable song. The song Atliens a close second. Also liked Tupac a lot.

I switched to old school rock in latter HS years and college. A lot of Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Eagles, et al.

Last edited:
First rap CD I ever bought was Warren G Regulators. Listened to the whole thing each day after school in 6th grade. Then followed it up with The Offspring Smash while playing video games.

I’d have to say my favorite was old school OutKast. I can’t pick between Atliens or Aquemini album wise, but Rosa Parks is probably the most memorable song. Also liked Tupac a lot.

I switched to old school rock in latter HS years and college. A lot of Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Eagles, et al.

Nate dogs hook on regulators was hot used to bump it every Friday night before hitting the main cruise strip.

Reactions: FearTheBeard

I’d have to say my favorite was old school OutKast. I can’t pick between Atliens or Aquemini album wise, but Rosa Parks is probably the most memorable song. The song Atliens a close second. Also liked Tupac a lot.

haha....that offspring album is so great and terrible at the same time. Aquemini is one of the must creative albums ever. Love this song. Lyrics are pretty deep if you are into blackness

Some of my favorites are
Eminem
Dr Dre
Ice Cube
Snoop Dogg
Tupac
Biggie
Warren G
Nate Dogg
Which period Ice Cube? I liked him with west side connection awesome with NWA. Not sure about his Lynch Mob days lol but he sold some good single tapes( that’s the cassettes for you younger generations).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT