ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder if Pat Riley want the Duke concept?

Riley looks good for being in his late 70s. His wife looks even better. They've been married for 51 years. He was an All American at Kentucky. His team blew a big lead yesterday to be swept 4-0. If I saw the comments in print, I would assume that he was joking. But he looked serious.

Reactions: christophero
Really pat? I’ve read two articles on the Heat. First one was about the front office being worried about Hero’s night life and the second about Bam’s play declining after receiving his contract. That is all I need to know.

Reactions: Quavarius
Waited 2 years to post this? This is dated June 21st 2019! Lmao! Whatever you can dig up to take a shot at UK though!
@Quavarius, are you a UK fan? Ive noticed going through your past post that you post ALOT of twitter postings that seem to be tagged #UK or #Kentucky Basketball. I dont have twitter or know much about it but seems you must follow UK on twitter to get all these UK related tweets, if thats not the case surely you dont sit around all day searching UK in the twitter search bar for any negative news you can find to post do you? So are you a UK fan or do you just sit around in misery digging up anything you can to post negative about UK?

Really pat? I’ve read two articles on the Heat. First one was about the front office being worried about Hero’s night life and the second about Bam’s play declining after receiving his contract. That is all I need to know.
Bams play has not declined......a quick google search would show you this.
2019 PPG 15.9. 2020 PPG 18.7
2019 APG 5.1. 2020 APG 5.4
2019 RPG 10.1. 2020 RPG 9.0
2019 FGP 55. 2020 FGP 57
Same with Herro every one of his major stats have increased from his rookie season.
2019 PPG 13.5. 2020 PPG 15.1
2019 RPG 4.1. 2020 RPG 5
2019 APG 2.2. 2020 APG 3.4
2019 FGP 42. 2020 FGP 43
Herro is also the NBAs 3rd best scorer coming off the bench.
Based on stats, neithers play has declined........

Bams play has not declined......a quick google search would show you this.
2019 PPG 15.9. 2020 PPG 18.7
2019 APG 5.1. 2020 APG 5.4
2019 RPG 10.1. 2020 RPG 9.0
2019 FGP 55. 2020 FGP 57
Same with Herro every one of his major stats have increased from his rookie season.
2019 PPG 13.5. 2020 PPG 15.1
2019 RPG 4.1. 2020 RPG 5
2019 APG 2.2. 2020 APG 3.4
2019 FGP 42. 2020 FGP 43
Herro is also the NBAs 3rd best scorer coming off the bench.
Based on stats, neithers play has declined........
Sorry wasn’t going off stats but a Miami sports writers article . Look under his stats and you’ll see the articles on him and bam disappearing in the post season.

Last edited:
Sorry wasn’t going off stats but a Miami sports writers article . Look under his stats and you’ll see the articles on him and bam disappearing in the post season.
Hey I agree. That whole team disappeared this post season! They were actually embarrassed. Went from eastern conference champs and NBA finals to being swept in first round. Granted they were a different team than last year personnel wise, and hell last season may have been a fluke due to Covid. Lots of folks said last season would come with an asterisk next to it and maybe thats the case.....
To be fair though Tyler Herro set the bar for himself extremely high with his his playoff performance last year. Hard to match that again in only his second season.
Ive also read the articles about the Heats concerns regarding him. All understandable from a franchise stand point. Living in Miami at 20-21 yrs old with lots of cash is and could be very tempting!

Hey I agree. That whole team disappeared this post season! They were actually embarrassed. Went from eastern conference champs and NBA finals to being swept in first round. Granted they were a different team than last year personnel wise, and hell last season may have been a fluke due to Covid. Lots of folks said last season would come with an asterisk next to it and maybe thats the case.....
To be fair though Tyler Herro set the bar for himself extremely high with his his playoff performance last year. Hard to match that again in only his second season.
Ive also read the articles about the Heats concerns regarding him. All understandable from a franchise stand point. Living in Miami at 20-21 yrs old with lots of cash is and could be very tempting!
My question though, did the heat hurt their self by adding him in on trades after how he played in the bubble? Kind of a give on take.

Reactions: Jperry1987
Very interesting stats. I've watched just enough Heat games to be dangerous. It looked to me that Adebayo didn't play nearly as well this year, but his scoring did go up. Rebounds and blocks declined a little. He didn't look as intense, but good chance that I was wrong

Very interesting stats. I've watched just enough Heat games to be dangerous. It looked to me that Adebayo didn't play nearly as well this year, but his scoring did go up. Rebounds and blocks declined a little. He didn't look as intense, but good chance that I was wrong
I agree with your take on that. IMO though i believe Butler played a part in alot of these issues. Seen several vidoes of team turmoil and articles lately stating Butler was again a cancer to the team. He apparently had issues with coaches, front office personnel as well as his overall team. Looked to me like several players took a step back in terms of intensity and overall team cohesion. Just didnt look the same as last season.

In Butlers defense. He has been noted as an intense player. One of the things about Butler was he loved what he saw with the team that played in the bubble. They brought it every game an excelled. I think the success in the bubble caused a lot of players to relax and get chilled rather then being that bull dog instinct.

Exactly. You would think that a man his age and experience would have a little integrity and wisdom. Reminds me of the arrogance of some tar heel fans. OFC
"Kentucky" "Wisdom" and "Integrity" don't often collide in the same sentence. About 10' on their board will back that up.

Reactions: QC Dukie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT