ADVERTISEMENT

What ever happened to

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
some of the old posters? There was one a while back that hasn"t posted in a while? Part of name was something yeates or yates. There are others. OFC

Patrick Yates

I still wonder what happened to Rosh.

Definitely a mystery. He was given a timeout in 2014 by one of the mods and I don’t think he appreciated it. It was only for 48 hours....but he never posted again. I know he lurked for a while but I remember looking up his profile a couple years ago and it had been years since he was active. Really strange guy, but a decent poster.

There are quite a few I’d like to know what happened to. One is hymera. Talk about unique. He didn’t believe women should participate in anything except catering in the home. That meant no work, no sports and they could only wear dresses.

Patrick Yates

Definitely a mystery. He was given a timeout in 2014 by one of the mods and I don’t think he appreciated it. It was only for 48 hours....but he never posted again. I know he lurked for a while but I remember looking up his profile a couple years ago and it had been years since he was active. Really strange guy, but a decent poster.

There are quite a few I’d like to know what happened to. One is hymera. Talk about unique. He didn’t believe women should participate in anything except catering in the home. That meant no work, no sports and they could only wear dresses.

Rosh loved himself some BANGERS!!!!!

Patrick Yates

And didn't he have like over 40,000 posts? Weird to me how someone with that history could just suddenly give it up.

Dattier posts on the national college basketball message board a lot. I believe he’s a moderator on that board.

Uh, I think you may be thinking of someone else:)

Oh PatrickYates... I’ve read his posts on at least three different Duke forums:)

Datt a moderator? Dattier? We talking about the same guy here?

Uh, I think you may be thinking of someone else:)

Oh PatrickYates... I’ve read his posts on at least three different Duke forums:)
I might be wrong about him being a moderator but I seem to remember him being tagged in posts when posters had a question or other issue that they needed a moderator for.

Where have YOU been? People asking about you on the national board a few weeks or so ago? All okay?
Whatever reason, I can't access the national board when signed in. I will eventually just start a new account, but been crazy busy lately and I was gone on vacation for a couple of weeks in January. Plus I am kind of irritated with Yahoo. They charged me a full year's subscription and I had only used 3 months of it. They are refusing to refund me and they haven't done a thing to fix the issue.

Also, reading some of the threads over there isn't really motivating me to start getting into those pissing matches. Afamu repping hard.

Anyone remember Boilermaker?

Two of my favorites that were great posters were Heyman25 and spike. I still keep up with both. They were for sure old school and didn't hold back when they thought they were right. Spike is on the football thread from time to time. I've tried to get both back. Heyman used to say this a lot "if you catch my drift." I really wish those who weren't around when they were posting could have had the opportunity to know them. OFC

I can't remember if it was gary4plus3 or gary777, but one of them started a 'cruitin thread about Wendell Carter, JR. using the guru's actual thr posts and it was a work of art. Lordy, it was hilarious. A visit from either would be welcome IMO.

Whatever reason, I can't access the national board when signed in. I will eventually just start a new account, but been crazy busy lately and I was gone on vacation for a couple of weeks in January. Plus I am kind of irritated with Yahoo. They charged me a full year's subscription and I had only used 3 months of it. They are refusing to refund me and they haven't done a thing to fix the issue.

Also, reading some of the threads over there isn't really motivating me to start getting into those pissing matches. Afamu repping hard.

“repping”

:oops:

I dislike UNC as much as anyone but Afamu’s obsession with UNC is bordering on inane. I don’t think he’s ever started a thread or made a post in a thread that wasn’t about UNC. lol

I dislike UNC as much as anyone but Afamu’s obsession with UNC is bordering on inane. I don’t think he’s ever started a thread or made a post in a thread that wasn’t about UNC. lol
Guy is pathetic. His phill account never got blacklisted, he just created a new account because he thought it would be cool to have his screen name as afamu. That works fine on the home board, but the national board is more for mature audiences. Lol.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Guy is pathetic. His phill account never got blacklisted, he just created a new account because he thought it would be cool to have his screen name as afamu. That works fine on the home board, but the national board is more for mature audiences. Lol.
Yeah you know a poster is pathetic when their fellow fans make as much fun of them as opposing fans do lol

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
SFOLS use to post here A LOT. I remember a similar thread we had years ago and I mentioned him just like this and somehow he showed up. Ain’t seen him since. Oh well.

rosh I miss. That will always be the most peculiar case. It’s unusal for a guy like that to just quit cold turkey.

Miss heyman25

denn is never here anymore. Ever. He use to be a regular.

I’m sure there are others

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Well, I miss @LTDukeFan myself. He hasn't posted in a very long time as far as I know. I was thinking about him about 3 or so weeks ago, and I noticed he gave a 'like' to someone...but no post. Hope everything is okay with him and his family.

And also was it 'Blue666' that was a mod at one time? Not sure if that's exactly the right handle or not, but he didn't post that much when he was a mod, and then I didn't hear of him anymore.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
DukeKY, didn't he post in that thread about the age of us posters on here? I might be wrong.

OFC

That’s exactly right! And it’s weird you said that because the reason I mentioned him was I was looking at that thread tonight.....that’s kind of freaky!!

Whatever happened to having a discussion about serious problem without turning the thread into a political shit show and getting it shut down? Honestly people should start getting banned for that BS. #1 reason why I don't give two shits about politics or your political opinions.

Sorry.....carry on.

Whatever happened to having a discussion about serious problem without turning the thread into a political shit show and getting it shut down? Honestly people should start getting banned for that BS. #1 reason why I don't give two shits about politics or your political opinions.

Sorry.....carry on.
I wish I could like this 1000 times!

And also was it 'Blue666' that was a mod at one time? Not sure if that's exactly the right handle or not, but he didn't post that much when he was a mod, and then I didn't hear of him anymore.

OFC

He fell off the face of the earth. A few years ago he was still making the occasional post on the premium board, but it's been a while now. He had a pretty successful law career and not a lot of time.

DukeCanes was another who just all of a sudden was gone.

I remember when @FearTheBeard disappeared it was AWFUL

I do remember that. Was so happy when he came back and I also remember how prayers and well wishes went out to him and his wife in her recovery. It was a tough time for FTB and his wife but it also showed me what kind and compassionate posters we have hear. Love ya FTB. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT