ADVERTISEMENT

We shoot the 3 just fine...

lyonhawk

All American
Sep 8, 2003
...when Tre is on the floor. There was a stat during the UVA game that we shoot 35% while Tre is on the floor and 25% when he's not. He's a 28% 3pt shooter, so he's not making all the extra shots. Ga. Tech was obviously different, but last night we were 10-19. When Tre's on the floor we get better 3's so we make more.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
...when Tre is on the floor. There was a stat during the UVA game that we shoot 35% while Tre is on the floor and 25% when he's not. He's a 28% 3pt shooter, so he's not making all the extra shots. Ga. Tech was obviously different, but last night we were 10-19. When Tre's on the floor we get better 3's so we make more.

It’s not a random stat. He finds the right guys in the right spots. We aren’t a great 3 point shooting team but we are competent enough when they are open looks.

That is a really interesting stat. Thanks for sharing!

I don't know how likely it is that Tre stays for another year, part of me thinks he should just to refine his shooting game. But I'm salivating at the thought of Tre having Boogie, Wendell, and Joey Baker around him (all 40%+ 3-point shooters). Throw in Vernon Carey, and you have a nice mix of point guard play, perimeter shooting, and an inside presence.

Okay, that's a long time away, if that ever happens. I know, I know. I need to enjoy this season. Believe me, this season is awesome. I like the 35% stat, though. Throw in the fact that our 3-point percentage defense is at 29%, and I think we're just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT