ADVERTISEMENT

Vt or ND

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
That will be our first game of the ACC tourney. Honestly both matchups scare me. I'd like to get revenge on VT though! I want no part of Bonzi!

Thoughts?

Doesn't mater to me. If we can't beat either one of them, we were going home anyway. That's not meant disrespectful, just think we shouldn't be concerned about anyone but Va and unc

Doesn't mater to me. If we can't beat either one of them, we were going home anyway. That's not meant disrespectful, just think we shouldn't be concerned about anyone but Va and unc

Yeah, I hate to pick a team...and that team beats us. That said, I do hope we get another shot at Virginia (still same thing)...even though sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for.

OFC

Playing a team that’s already got a game under their belt is scary. I’d rather play Tech casue that loss is still fresh in out boy’s minds. They know they let that one slip away

I think if we play our game it really doesn't matter. If the same Bagley and Duvall show up as in the 2nd half of the cheat game, neither one would have a chance!!!
OFC

Reactions: jcdevilfan
We will DESTROY VT, I really feel that.

ND I don't want any part of. Also ND would be playing us for a NCAA tourney bid, no thank you.

Give me VT all day. With Bonzie, ND is the better team, and they will be playing for their lives. Only a good ACCT run gets them in tournament conversation.

VT. Bonzi would eat our zone alive and get a million rebounds.

If I didn't know any better, reading this thread you would think Notre Dame is better than us. Are y'all crazy? I keep seeing how they would eat our zone up and rebound on us. I'm just not understanding this thinking. Colson used to eat us up on pick-an-pop. Won't be too much of that against a zone. Also, we do have one of the best rebounding teams in the country. I have one question though...what army are they going to bring with them to stop us in the paint? Colson is not going to be able to cut it against Bagley. That's just not happening. We're literally better than them at every position on the floor. Only way they win is if we come out sluggish. Hell we would lose to almost any team if we play like that. We will beat both by about the same amount of points

Doesn't matter to me. We are auditioning for a one seed. Either one are solid teams but it's that time for us to impose our will on everyone else.
I think we play ourselves into a one in Midwest.

And that's what I was thinking to myself. It seems the worst one seed will be playing in the West. So I'm thinking: do I want Duke as the No.4 one seed in the West or the No. 1 two seed in the East? I'm leaning towards that two seed. I think Xavier has the one seed in the Midwest on lock. With KU losing badly to OSU, if they lose early in the Big 12 tournament and Duke wins the ACC tournament, Duke will probably be the 1 seed in the West.

I didn’t know where else to post this but can someone please explain to me why for the last several weeks Arizona has been firmly on the 4 seed West line? Are they the only team not allowed to travel?
And how in the hell does lunardi STILL have Kansas as a one seed??

And how in the hell does lunardi STILL have Kansas as a one seed??
Pretty sure his bracket is updated as of 03/03/17 in the morning before the games started, meaning we should see a change in the next couple days, or at least it better be like that........

VT. Seems like bonzie has averaged 24/14 on us for the last 18 years.
It does seem like Bonzie has been around for longer than 4 years...feel bad he got hurt this year but glad he's getting a chance to finish out the season... if we play ND Bonzie is coming for us...

I would like for the ACC Tournament be our "get revenge tourney". Any combination of victories over VT, State, Virginia or BC. Team I rather not play would probably be Miami.

This ain't 2016. Bring on Notre Dame. Wake up the echoes and Bagley will dunk them back to the NIT.

After seeing Bonzi the last 2 games, and given the fact they’re playing for their NCAA lives I expect a typical Nd run in the acc tournament. Wish we didn’t have to face them so early on....Tough draw, but we’re up for it!

Reactions: christophero
Honestly, I want another piece of UNC. I think we would take them down again. Twice in one week is about the best thing you can ask for as a Duke fan.

Reactions: dukesince91
Who ever it is
giphy_zpsfyzhuxqz.gif

Honestly, I want another piece of UNC. I think we would take them down again. Twice in one week is about the best thing you can ask for as a Duke fan.

It's not that I don't want another piece of unc it's that I want them to lose the next two games they play in. In fact I don't want to see them ever win again in any sport and that includes fencing. OFC

I dont want any part of Notre Dame. Bonzi Colson destroys us everytime he plays us and Brey always coaches a great game. Not saying we couldnt win. We beat them last year in the tourney. I would just rather play Va Tech. If ND makes it to the semi's then they are going to be the darling of the tourny and everyone is going to be pulling for them. And they are going to be playing for their NCAA tournament lives as well

Last edited:
Reactions: topps coach
ND would be playing a third day in a row, would Bonzi be in enough game shape to do that?

I dont want any part of Notre Dame. Bonzi Colson destroys us everytime he plays us and Brey always coaches a great game. Not saying we could win. We beat them last year in the tourney. I would just rather play Va Tech. If ND makes it to the semi's then they are going to be the darling of the tourny and everyone is going to be pulling for them. And they are going to be playing for their NCAA tournament lives as well
I don't understand why everyone is so worked up over ND. Yeah, Colson is great, but they would be playing their 3rd game in 3 days, plus he's playing on a healed foot. Who do they have that can guard Bagley, Carter, Allen, Trent, Duval and Bolden, without foul trouble?
Duke has a star studded lineup, and we've played 31 games, enough that this team should be primed for the stretch run. That's why K recruited them, and it's time for it to pay off.

I don't understand why everyone is so worked up over ND. Yeah, Colson is great, but they would be playing their 3rd game in 3 days, plus he's playing on a healed foot. Who do they have that can guard Bagley, Carter, Allen, Trent, Duval and Bolden, without foul trouble?
Duke has a star studded lineup, and we've played 31 games, enough that this team should be primed for the stretch run. That's why K recruited them, and it's time for it to pay off.
They op asked who would you rather play. I said Va Tech. I'm not scared of ND by any means. But with Colson and Ferrell they are WAY better than a 10 seed. Youre right Colson could get tired but he may not. Duke played 3 games in a row last year and looked pretty darn good in the 3rd game. And Duke's star studded lineup has lost some games to teams not near as talented as ND.

Again i dont care who we play and if we get get ND i would go into that game expecting to win but if i had to pick i would rather play Va Tech.

3 games in 3 days is not a big deal for these kids (maybe it is for Colson because of his injury). You notice that a lot of upsets happen in these tournaments specifically because the lower ranked teams have already played a game or two and are looser and more in rhythm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT