ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament teams?

jwill133

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 25, 2016
We have a little over a month until Selection Sunday. Right now we are a 2-seed with a chance to get up to the 1 line. Are there any teams that you would want to totally avoid? Or any teams that you would love to have in our bracket? This is a super weird year, its mid-February and I'm not sure if anyone knows who is good yet.

I'd love to avoid Kansas, and I think we will. We beat them game one, and I think them (along with us) are the 2 best teams in the country. I'd also want to avoid MSU, seems like that never happens. But we destroyed them at their place, I do think they will be under-seeded and a scary 4 or 5 seed. I'd prefer to stay away from Baylor too, they remind me a lot of FSU, except Baylor is just better. No one else really scares me.

I would love to have San Diego St. be the 1 or 2 in our bracket, especially if were in the East Region. That would be a home-run. Dayton as a 2 would be fantastic too. Bring on Maryland, Seton Hall, Auburn, or UK too. I have a weird feeling were gonna get some tournament luck this year, and finally get some upsets in our bracket.

Reactions: dbav
All i care about is being in the East. We know we have Greensboro locked up already, (unless all shit hits the fan), and if we followed that up playing in NYC!? Yes please.

Reactions: dbav and PixelDevil
Do they have to have a winning record to play in the nit?

Maybe the cheats can bring a shine to the CBI or CIT tournaments. (I think those are a thing.)
I’m glad you brought that up. I had a question about that and didn’t want to make a thread solely for that. So 10 years ago we asked “would tarhole fans wear NIT championship shirts if they won” and we never found out. Now, a decade later, we ask, will they wear CBI championship shirts if they win that?

I live near Dayton and they have a really good team. Obi Toppin is an excellent player who will be a lottery pick. UD also has excellent guard play and should not be taken lightly. Personally, I would not want to see Seton Hall in Duke's bracket. One seeds may get a break in the first round, but after that things look wide open. On any given night type of thing.

Reactions: Duke937
I honestly think we remain on the 2 line. One more loss and that’s it for our one seed hopes. Which is really bs as neither Gonzaga or SDSU should get a 1 but whatever. As far as teams I want to avoid? None, if our boys play to their capability they are the best team in the country, as we’re the only team without a glaring weakness.

I live near Dayton and they have a really good team. Obi Toppin is an excellent player who will be a lottery pick. UD also has excellent guard play and should not be taken lightly. Personally, I would not want to see Seton Hall in Duke's bracket. One seeds may get a break in the first round, but after that things look wide open. On any given night type of thing.
I live in Dayton and work at the university actually. They’re absolutely legit. Obi is possibly the best player in college basketball this year. He’s a great kid, always smiling and laughing wherever you see him. Crutcher and Watson are solid guards also. They’re a fun team and the buzz around campus is awesome. Giving us lots of extra work in the IT department actually lol. Hope they keep it up, unless they play Duke of course.

I want to play in the easiest bracket they have. I wanttop seeded team in our bracket to get upset in the opening round. In fact I want all top seeded teams in the tourment upset except us. I want a cake walk all the way to the championship game. In fact I want to play the 64th ranked team in the finals and win by 50. There I said it. OFC

I want to play in the easiest bracket they have. I wanttop seeded team in our bracket to get upset in the opening round. In fact I want all top seeded teams in the tourment upset except us. I want a cake walk all the way to the championship game. In fact I want to play the 64th ranked team in the finals and win by 50. There I said it. OFC
Lol....it feels just got to put it all out there doesnt it. You know every fan thinks like that but rarely admits it

Reactions: skysdad
When we’re making our free throws, making a decent percentage of our 3’s and not turning the ball over too much then there’s really not any teams that I’m too scared of us playing in the tournament because if all 3 of those things are happening then I believe we win 99 out of 100 games.

Reactions: Liftee
I’m worried about everyone, and not worried about anyone at the same time, because I’m sure we can beat anyone, and lose to a few. We just need to get hot and we win.

Reactions: JCColsCane
Sounds like we need a new fund.

As long as we win it, everything that happened in the previous 5 games are just details. My championship shirt won’t display those details, it will just display who the national champions are.

I don’t like playing teams Duke beat in the regular season.

That is kind of where I land. Winning in the NCAA Tournament is hard enough, if you can avoid giving the opponent any additional emotional edge (i.e. the revenge factor), all the better.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
I don't want to be in Baylor's bracket.

But we can avoid that with a #1 seed.

Not scared of any teams in the country. When our guys are playing tough hard nosed defense and sharing the ball while being efficient on the offensive end and hitting their free throws, Duke can beat anyone. I will say, I prefer not to play Baylor nor Dayton until The Final Four or National Championship game, but if Duke has to play them before either of those rounds so be it. I Love This Duke Team!

I feel like if we keep winning and win the regular season and win the ACC tournament, having to go through Louisville or FSU then we will be a #1 seed. I don't see any way we wouldn't be. Just keep improving and keep winning, that's the key!!!!
OFC

I feel like if we keep winning and win the regular season and win the ACC tournament, having to go through Louisville or FSU then we will be a #1 seed. I don't see any way we wouldn't be. Just keep improving and keep winning, that's the key!!!!
OFC

Spot On!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT