ADVERTISEMENT

To all the old posters who don't post here as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s dumb.

I always like to think of a forum as like your local neighborhood bar.

You have your regulars. They’ve been going there for years. It’s a good place.

But if new customers start coming in, and they are a bit loud and a bit abnoxious... well, a person might decide to find a new bar, and that doesn’t mean there was more wrong with that person than with the loud, somewhat obnoxious newcomers.

Nothing to do with being babies.
You called my post dumb. Maybe you are part of the problem?

his thread has turned into the one thing I didn't want it to be. Would one of the mods please lock it up? I've learned my lesson. OFC

You called my post dumb. Maybe you are part of the problem?

Me? I don’t think so? Your post was... well, just a little dumb. Sorry. Saying that people who leave because people are annoying them are worse than the actual annoying people seems dumb to me. Sorry, not trying to offend. I don’t have any problem with any of the people here, although some folks sometimes look to get into it a bit quickly it seems.

Last edited:
TD I know where you're coming from friend, but we do have some "regulars" who tend to get "loud and obnoxious" as well. OFC

Sure, entirely possible. Sorry, I don’t keep up on it as much as I should. Honestly wasn’t posting with anyone in particular in mind.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Sky It just seem to me the board got to where you couldn’t have a discussion without name calling and cussing

Sky is this basically what you're referencing in Spike's post? The "name calling and cussing?" If so I agree with you buddy.OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Yea, it has nothing to do with you and Mac buddy, you're angels in the situation. It's the cussing.
Show, this is exactly what I'm talking about. I haven't said anything calling anyone out, yet here you go.
I do some complaining, yes. That isn't my way of being. I like to think I call it like I see it, doesn't mean I'm right. Last year, as I stated to you and any poster here, I was one of the guys thinking we would lose just a few and then cut down the nets. Now does that sound negative to you? Be honest.
Just because I have resorted to being cautiously optimistic, you perceive that as negative. It was ok as long as I was beating the same drum you beat year after year. Do you think your way is the only way there is to be a Duke fan?

The simple truth is you have run around rampant like a wild dog on this board with your off the wall posts, constantly acting like a billy bob bad boy, then when confronted you go to this "oh I'm such a nice guy, ask all my friends"....
You aren't the only one who has had his feathers ruffled. There's a few more long time posters that have been used to saying anything without anyone really challenging that opinion. Where you are different from some of those posters, is they at least talk substance.

Sky is this basically what you're referencing in Spike's post? The "name calling and cussing?" If so I agree with you buddy.OFC

Basically. Even this thread has turned into it. I understand people having a difference of opinion and ideas. I get all that but cussing, name calling, immaturity and just plain stupidity falls into place. We don't need to lurk over at thr because it is here. If I didn't know better I would say we have thr imposters that are taking over here. It sure has the flavor of the thr board a lot. What can be done about bit? I have no idea other than just not to reply or ignore those who just can't help themselves. You old posters here know I've been using this for years. They can't help it. It's their nature. Bless their hearts. I love this board and so many of you that I now call friends to let them run me off and stop posting from something I look forward every day to. I joined this board after several weeks of lurking because of K-ville, DukeHokie , dukiejay, Heyman25,dattier, roshanritter and others. I could keep up with recruiting, making fun of unc and hof coach roy williams. Before we got hacked we had The Lounge where posters could go and discuss other things besides basketball such as social and political issues. Also we had a separate football board for those who were also Duke football fans. Maybe we need something like that again. I have no idea how to start one. Maybe we could have a thread dedicated just social and political issues and there unless we can have a separate board about that . Just thinking . OFC

Mac, Mac, Mac. You have a genius style. You get your jabs in and come off so soft, so caring. It's lost on me bud, and from various pm's from board members, it's lost on them as well. I don't CARE what your ideas are, but you're on a message board, where we discuss and SUPPORT our team and coaching staff. So don't get all butt hurt when we don';t agree with stupid comments like we shouldn't have taken Bagley, and K lied to the Carters and various other baloney. Look to get called out when you constantly...that's constantly insinuate we should not get excited about incoming talent. Look to get called out when you advise to lower expectations and excitement. Continue your conquest to make me appear to be some villain. I'm not. and I don't have to explain that here. You complain about our disagreeing with your views while you disagree with ours, kinda dumb isn't it? I've been here a LONG time, gonna continue to be here, and I comment on every post, and I'll be commenting on yours. So buckle up buttercup. I'll try not to cuss much as I see that you and hart have very sensitive feelings and aren't use to hearing such language. Oh, save me the space on "things you've predicted in the past" , you've basically covered every range in the book , we could lose 14 games or go undefeated and you can say "see , I told you so" and have it covered. And don't bother going to CTC, it's basically going to be a celebration of the the new incoming talent, it tends to get you excited and pumped for the season, a terrible function for someone lowering expectations.

I understand people having a difference of opinion and ideas. I get all that but cussing, name calling, immaturity and just plain stupidity

Yeah I got ya friend, and I havent called anyone out and will not.....Good thread buddy....

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Me? I don’t think so? Your post was... well, just a little dumb. Sorry. Saying that people who leave because people are annoying them are worse than the actual annoying people seems dumb to me. Sorry, not trying to offend. I don’t have any problem with any of the people here, although some folks sometimes look to get into it a bit quickly it seems.
Now if I left the board because you said my post was dumb then I think you could consider me sensitive and a bit ignorant. People actaully leave the board for such things apparently lol

Show, please stop your nonsense. So what that I didn't want Bagley. It wasn't about him. I've been very consistent saying you can have too much talent. It affected the rest of the players, and who benefited with the addition of Marvin, did Duval, Allen, Carter, Bolden? Be honest. Where have I said "get all you can get?" I have liked more of the freshmen than I have not. Other than that, the rest of your post was a lie.
You message others, yet love to pick on Hart and myself. What's with the obsession with us? Do you realize I've never met him?
I am excited about this season. I think we can be good. We could also struggle. Why is that? Well, since you probably have no idea as to why, I'll explain it to you. K made his name thru defense. That has been his calling card, and it's why Duke has been off for the last few years. Freshmen, and it's compounded with multiple one's in the starting lineup, struggle to play good team defense.

If this Duke team does struggle, yes I will not be happy, but I won't be surprised. If this Duke team gets past the elite 8, I will be surprised. Happy, but no I don't expect it. How's that for being consistent? So please save this post for future reference, because if we are better than I'm expecting, you want hear me saying I told you so, I'm not that kind of fan.

Last edited:
I don't want to save your posts buddy. You're to worried about being right about predictions man , let it go. You're no Jimmy the Greek son. So K's teams use to play defense ? Thanks man, I didn't know that. I just started pulling for Duke a couple years ago.

I don't want to save your posts buddy. You're to worried about being right about predictions man , let it go. You're no Jimmy the Greek son. So K's teams use to play defense ? Thanks man, I didn't know that. I just started pulling for Duke a couple years ago.
Have a good day Show. Once again, I let you reel me into an argument you started. Good job. You win.

Reactions: Showenuff
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT