ADVERTISEMENT

To all the old posters who don't post here as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I'm not going to name them The posters here that have been around for a while know who they are. This board is not as good without them. I miss them all. Many of them are the reason I started posting here over 12 years ago. New posters believe me when I say this that the board would be so much better if they returned. Some of them that I have contact with say the board has taken a drift in the wrong direction. My request to them is to return and show once again how a board should run. People tend to go with the attitudes of those around them. We need these guys back. If any of the guys that have left try coming back for just a month and I feel this board will change for the better. OFC

I hope they come back, but personally I enjoy the board. I know we have some lively give and take occasionally, but i like to see all the different opinions and information in both Duke basketball and football.

OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
Who was the 14 year old kid that was from Scranton that posted all the time back in the day?

I hope they come back, but personally I enjoy the board. I know we have some lively give and take occasionally, but i like to see all the different opinions and information in both Duke basketball and football.

OFC

Oh I like the board too hart but having those guys back would be so much better. When was the last time jimlsumner posted here. Now he's a very informed guy and always had good info on what's going on. he also knows Duke history better than anyone. He does post on DBR and I enjoy him. There are several others that some our newer posters don't even know about. Like I said the board would be better with them and we all could be taught to be better posters by following their lead. But I get where you are coming from hart. People are who they are. As Popeye would " I am what I am cause I am what I am." OFC

rattle_zps3jhfe8ms.gif

Oh I like the board too hart but having those guys back would be so much better. When was the last time jimlsumner posted here. Now he's a very informed guy and always had good info on what's going on. he also knows Duke history better than anyone. He does post on DBR and I enjoy him. There are several others that some our newer posters don't even know about. Like I said the board would be better with them and we all could be taught to be better posters by following their lead. But I get where you are coming from hart. People are who they are. As Popeye would " I am what I am cause I am what I am." OFC

Sky, I think I saw him post a week or so ago. Mt guess is that he's still around, just not posting much.

I've stopped by a couple of times earlier and with all the bickering going on...didn't see any reason to post. One freakin' shot that beat the hell out of the rim, but didn't drop, seems to have turned this into THR lite. It's going to be something when the time comes that there really is something to bitch about. Can't wait until the season starts and we have some games to watch and talk about.

OFC

I've stopped by a couple of times earlier and with all the bickering going on...didn't see any reason to post. One freakin' shot that beat the hell out of the rim, but didn't drop, seems to have turned this into THR lite. It's going to be something when the time comes that there really is something to bitch about. Can't wait until the season starts and we have some games to watch and talk about.

OFC

I couldn't have put it any better dirt. We probably will piss off some of our posters but the countenance of this board needs to change or it will be another thr. I don't know why the change in such a quick time frame and if I didn't know any better I would think we have some thr troll imposters that have come in to disrupt what used to be a very cordial board. Even our mods aren't posting much anymore although that may due to the off season. I myself have slowed down some but before this board goes to pt I have to voice my opinion. And yes I know I'm going to offend some but I am passionate about being a Duke fan and posting on this board. When it was vintage I could come on here and relieve some of the stresses of the day as well as laugh a lot, gain some knowledge , gain friends, understand the game better, appreciate opinions of others, and make fun of our ONLY rival unc. thr despises me because I am relentless in calling the cheaters out. By the way that dirt is still under the rug and no matter how much unc nation paid out it doesn't change the truth that they are cheaters and are a dirty program. The thr mods have banned just about everyone here so we can't see the junk they post. Their mods would banned many of you for the things you post here if about Duke if you posted the same type of stuff if you were an unc fan posting at thr. That's fact. I don't expect anyone to change because of this post but you know where I stand. You're not going to run me off. I will just ignore your non sense. If I offended some I'm sorry. We live in The United States of The Offended anyway and there doesn't a day that goes by that I don't offend someone. For those guys who have supported me all these years a THANK YOU. Been waiting a long time to get this off my chest. If any chance some of the old posters lurk here some PLEASE help us out. OFC

I couldn't have put it any better dirt. We probably will piss off some of our posters but the countenance of this board needs to change or it will be another thr. I don't know why the change in such a quick time frame and if I didn't know any better I would think we have some thr troll imposters that have come in to disrupt what used to be a very cordial board. Even our mods aren't posting much anymore although that may due to the off season. I myself have slowed down some but before this board goes to pt I have to voice my opinion. And yes I know I'm going to offend some but I am passionate about being a Duke fan and posting on this board. When it was vintage I could come on here and relieve some of the stresses of the day as well as laugh a lot, gain some knowledge , gain friends, understand the game better, appreciate opinions of others, and make fun of our ONLY rival unc. thr despises me because I am relentless in calling the cheaters out. By the way that dirt is still under the rug and no matter how much unc nation paid out it doesn't change the truth that they are cheaters and are a dirty program. The thr mods have banned just about everyone here so we can't see the junk they post. Their mods would banned many of you for the things you post here if about Duke if you posted the same type of stuff if you were an unc fan posting at thr. That's fact. I don't expect anyone to change because of this post but you know where I stand. You're not going to run me off. I will just ignore your non sense. If I offended some I'm sorry. We live in The United States of The Offended anyway and there doesn't a day that goes by that I don't offend someone. For those guys who have supported me all these years a THANK YOU. Been waiting a long time to get this off my chest. If any chance some of the old posters lurk here some PLEASE help us out. OFC

I definitely miss the board and the way it used to be. That said, the reason I don’t post as much is simply time and off season. I would, however, love to make a concerted effort to be on here more. The relationship many of us have formed through the conduit of the internet is really pretty amazing - and for several of us, has lasted well over a decade.

I will work hard to get back in DI mode. Great post Sky - especially for a 91 year old man!!!

Sky can’t remember the last time I did post anything, I know it’s been awhile. It just seem to me the board got to where you couldn’t have a discussion without name calling and cussing and all the political crap that was going on. When I retired a couple of years ago I got rid of all the stressful things and things that caused drama in my life and unfortunately this board fit both categories at the time. After a while I just got use to not even looking at the board, you know out of site out of mind. I’m still the same Duke fan that I have been for the last 50 plus years. Just one OFC’s opinion.

I definitely miss the board and the way it used to be. That said, the reason I don’t post as much is simply time and off season. I would, however, love to make a concerted effort to be on here more. The relationship many of us have formed through the conduit of the internet is really pretty amazing - and for several of us, has lasted well over a decade.

I will work hard to get back in DI mode. Great post Sky - especially for a 91 year old man!!!

LOL. Great post also. Just the example we need. I needed that Peckerhead. OFC

Sky can’t remember the last time I did post anything, I know it’s been awhile. It just seem to me the board got to where you couldn’t have a discussion without name calling and cussing and all the political crap that was going on. When I retired a couple of years ago I got rid of all the stressful things and things that caused drama in my life and unfortunately this board fit both categories at the time. After a while I just got use to not even looking at the board, you know out of site out of mind. I’m still the same Duke fan that I have been for the last 50 plus years. Just one OFC’s opinion.

Take heed posters. spike just told it the way it is. For those of you who don't know who spike is he's one of those type posters along with dirt, Heyman25, K-ville dukiejay, dukehokie and several others when you saw their name pop up you went right to their post. OFC

Like I said, I like the board. I really think the way posters can go back and forth w/each other over game situations, strategy, lineups, etc is a very HEALTHY thing. It would get pretty dull if everybody was in lockstep on everything per the team all the time.

I agree PERSONAL ATTACKS should not be tolerated, and I certainly try to refrain from doing so unless attacked myself. Best thing to do is consider the source I guess in those situations. However to reiterate as we watch and cheer our Blue Devils on throughout a season all of us are bound to see things differently. I am glad we can have a crisp exchange of dialogue without any censorship of opinions.

OFC

I have no idea how the board was before 2017. I'm sure there have been some good posters that don't post anymore, and maybe it is bickering that led them to leave. I know firsthand I never challenged anyone until I was challenged. I'm not saying I'm right to challenge. Lot of guys are more laid back than I am and just roll on without replying back.

I agree that it would be a dull board if we all said "next game" after a loss. Those that say it have every right to. Those that are bothered have that right too. There is a line. I have not insulted a player. I may not like how some play, or I have an opinion about the way one or more is performing at that particular time. A few posters, yeah, I've gotten too hot under the collar with.

We also live in a time where everything is moving at a faster pace. We are dancing over signing a recruit while we are just getting to know the one's wearing the uniforms at that moment. This current time of signing 7 month wonders puts expectations on them that they haven't earned yet, imo. This board to me is nothing more than a reflection of the times we are in.

Posters like you Sky are very respected, as you should be. I don't agree with all your views, as well as you I'm sure don't like all the things I say.
You've earned the right to be how you are though, which is a die hard Duke fan, as am I and probably every one else that posts here.

I'm not going to name them The posters here that have been around for a while know who they are. This board is not as good without them. I miss them all. Many of them are the reason I started posting here over 12 years ago. New posters believe me when I say this that the board would be so much better if they returned. Some of them that I have contact with say the board has taken a drift in the wrong direction. My request to them is to return and show once again how a board should run. People tend to go with the attitudes of those around them. We need these guys back. If any of the guys that have left try coming back for just a month and I feel this board will change for the better. OFC

Having read the thread I am still unsure of "what" has changed and how it can be remedied. I approach all discussion boards the same....as a discussion. Some opinions I will agree with or relate to, and others will be polar opposites. Each of us will see things from different perspectives due to experience, upbringing, influences etc. If the board has taken a tangential turn for the worse, what exactly is the input that has caused people to leave? Identifying the issue is the first step to solving it.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Having read the thread I am still unsure of "what" has changed and how it can be remedied. I approach all discussion boards the same....as a discussion. Some opinions I will agree with or relate to, and others will be polar opposites. Each of us will see things from different perspectives due to experience, upbringing, influences etc. If the board has taken a tangential turn for the worse, what exactly is the input that has caused people to leave? Identifying the issue is the first step to solving it.

Agree with all of your comments. Our common bond is we all love our Blue Devils,we're "die hards" as Mac said.However opinions as you duly noted can be "polar opposites" when it comes to various aspects of the game(s), etc.....

OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
Duke hasn’t won a championship since way back in 2015. That’s the problem.

You may have something there! It may actually bother some fans we havent won it all the last three years. Crazy isnt it??!! I have heard Coach K say we're spoiled by all our success, and by golly he's right.

I am more realistic than that and suspect most of our posters are too, but most of the prognosticators have had us in the catbird's seat the last 2 years. We failed to make the Final Four, always used as a barometer. To make matters worse the Cheats went back to back years 16-17, so its been tough around here on Tobacco Road.

When you fall short of expectations, its natural more things come under the microscope for analysis. Thats just the way it is with sports and armchair quarterbacks. I admit to offering my dissenting views (I've tried to do so in respectful fashion), and naturally I expect kickback. It goes with the territory.

#Duke4Life

OFC

It’s the offseason....so things are slower, like always.

This board has always allowed discussion. That’s nothing new to the last couple of years....but we certainly have more whiners who make it much less fun for a lot of people.
I agree, but if you “run off” a message board because of a few whiners I think there may be something more wrong with you than the whiners.

I agree, but if you “run off” a message board because of a few whiners I think there may be something more wrong with you than the whiners.

That’s dumb.

I always like to think of a forum as like your local neighborhood bar.

You have your regulars. They’ve been going there for years. It’s a good place.

But if new customers start coming in, and they are a bit loud and a bit abnoxious... well, a person might decide to find a new bar, and that doesn’t mean there was more wrong with that person than with the loud, somewhat obnoxious newcomers.

Nothing to do with being babies.

This conversation takes me back about 20 years ago when the "yuppie " group started playing golf. It looked like a cool thing to do. Get the best equipment, best attire and show up at the course. They looked like golfers until the first swing. Do you think this crowd started practicing and working on their games to get better? Hell no quit.

That’s dumb.

I always like to think of a forum as like your local neighborhood bar.

You have your regulars. They’ve been going there for years. It’s a good place.

But if new customers start coming in, and they are a bit loud and a bit abnoxious... well, a person might decide to find a new bar, and that doesn’t mean there was more wrong with that person than with the loud, somewhat obnoxious newcomers..

TD I know where you're coming from friend, but we do have some "regulars" who tend to get "loud and obnoxious" as well. OFC

They all transferred.
OFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT