ADVERTISEMENT

TJ POWER

I don't want to jinx it either, but he must be very confident that he can beat out the competition. That, or he's a multi-year guy.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Reminds me of Mike Dunleavy . If Mitchell and Flip leave I think Duke will start 5 freshman with Young, Schutt , Reaves and Blakes coming off the bench. Add 1 seasoned portal wing and Duke will be loaded.

Reactions: jamsession3
Reminds me of Mike Dunleavy . If Mitchell and Flip leave I think Duke will start 5 freshman with Young, Schutt , Reaves and Blakes coming off the bench. Add 1 seasoned portal wing and Duke will be loaded.
Also assuming Roach leaves?

And so it begins. It's 9/6/22 and we are ready to start talking about who is starting in 11/23. Next comes discussions about how many minutes everyone should get. Then: who is going to transfer? Who can we get from the portal? Might as well just skip this year.
This is why I take a vacation from posting around this time.
Enjoy the season, if possible.
OFC

He shouldn't but he might. If he appears on 2nd round mocks, plus the guys we have coming in, he may be out after this year.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
There are some insiders on DBR who believe Roach plans to go after this year. It may not make sense to me, but I think we should expect that. If he comes back great. If he has a big year he will probably get taken in the second round.

Reactions: HurleyToHill
I think Power starts next year but I guess it all depends on who stays or goes. If everyone that is expecting to leave goes, who else would start at the 3 spot next year?

I think Power starts next year but I guess it all depends on who stays or goes. If everyone that is expecting to leave goes, who else would start at the 3 spot next year?
I suppose Schutt could, if he can defend. Don't we have 2 highly rated forwards coming in?

Reactions: sheyduke
Yeah I guess they could move Mgbako to the 3 and start Stewart at the 4. That’s very possible. If Proctor does leave after one season I see either Schutt or McCain starting at the 2. That assuming Roach leaves after this season too.

Reactions: christophero
If powers starts it would be at the three . To many bigs in the front court with a redshirt Reeves, Possible young , Stewart and Mgbako not to mention a possible Mitchell or Flip.
sorry to say this but McCain and Foster might as well be penciled in for starters . With Schutt and Blakes coming off the bench and Schutt getting time at both sg/sf.

Reactions: jamsession3
I agree Sheyduke, that is exactly where I also said he would play and I think he will end up starting there unless someone unexpectedly comes back to Duke from this years team.

Reactions: sheyduke
Everything I've read or heard from Powers or people around him talk about him playing on the wing. I don't think he sees himself as a traditional 4. I do know that if he's really good, Scheyer will find somewhere for him to play, even with Mbako in the lineup.

Let's not forget Foster. He will either start at point, or if Roach does stay-he starts at the 2 and he plays more of a combo guard role. I'm really high on Foster and think he makes an immediate impact next year.

The freshmen next year look like a strong group, but let's not forget the transfer portal. If none of the main guys from this year come back (Flip, Mitchell, Proctor, even Young) we can expect JS to hit the portal for one or two spots.

The freshmen next year look like a strong group, but let's not forget the transfer portal. If none of the main guys from this year come back (Flip, Mitchell, Proctor, even Young) we can expect JS to hit the portal for one or two spots.
Agree!

Jon gets an A plus in recruiting. Very impressive.
I could understand opposing fans argument about how the 2022 class wasn't actually Jon's because the shine of K was still around. However, the 2023 class is clearly Jon's class and it's a really good one. 2025 could be one of those classes nationally that come around every 5-10 years (like the Zion RJ class) and I think Jon is going to dominate that class.

Yes even RR is admitting Jon can recruit. Although they are already saying Power will transfer haha. I think Jon will go deeper in his bench. Guys want to play, esp. top 100 recruits.

Reactions: jeffrey236
Anybody that has watched more film than me on him have a good breakdown? His shot seems a little funky even though it goes in. Doesn’t really seem to square his feet and he often lands awkwardly which is a sign of poor balance. Def not as athletic as singler. There have been plenty of players with weird shots that were very good but that was one of the first things I noticed

Reactions: geddoughton23
Yes even RR is admitting Jon can recruit. Although they are already saying Power will transfer haha. I think Jon will go deeper in his bench. Guys want to play, esp. top 100 recruits.
Jon will go deep into his bench. I'm just of the belief, that the climate and culture of NCAA, will not allow you to just hold and develop unless you are redshirting.

One article I read said that Jon went over the roster that is likely for next year and said they had a role carved out for him. Shooter off the bench I presume. Him and Schutt could be instant offense off the bench. Power starting is also possible if we need shooting.

Last edited:
One article I read said that Jon went over the roster that is likely for next year and said they had a role carved out for him. Shooter off the bench I presume. Him and Schutt could be instant offense off the bench. Power starting is also possible if we need shooting.
Where is the article ? Just kidding . Scheyer will being a different skill then K IMO . Not saying he’s better just looking at the overall factor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT