ADVERTISEMENT

The old college try

Oct 26, 2016
This is a pretty hilarious thread over on RR.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/so-uk-basketball-now-has-to-pretend.282392/

"Calipari told the team to act like they won the Seton Hall game, because they got better and he was encouraged and if one shot is different he figures we (media) aren’t here today asking him about recruiting four-year players. So act like we won, he told the players."

Is it too soon to actually start feeling sorry for Cal?

Anybody else getting the “Catsillustrated.com-Error” :rolleyes::D

Just think of this. In about a week most of us here at DI wiki be UK fans. Now those will be die hard , Duke Blue dye in the wool Duke fans. Does this need any splainin'. OFC

Reactions: PixelDevil
There are some really good posts on this over there!
Some of them actually have some sense, saying that if K said this, they would make a meme joke about it to use for years!

They are pretty divided, which actually isn't very abnormal, but most appear embarrassed by it!!

Pretend we are 40-0!!!
LMAO!!

Pretend we beat Duke!!
Hahaha!!

Just think of this. In about a week most of us here at DI wiki be UK fans. Now those will be die hard , Duke Blue dye in the wool Duke fans. Does this need any splainin'. OFC
Some will probably think I’m crazy but I’m kind of torn about the UK/UNC game. On one hand I always want UNC to lose but on the other hand in this particular game I kind of hope UNC wins just because it would be hilarious to watch the meltdown on RR if UK loses to UNC after losing to us to start the season. Then if they go on to lose to Louisville next weekend, then lose to Kansas next month we could get double the entertainment this season, watching Duke win lots of games and the epic meltdown on RR if UK were to lose to us, UNC, Louisville and Kansas in the same season.

Reactions: PatrickYates
plus the high heels haven’t suffered as much as the Kentucky fried chickens this season... hope Kentucky punishes them!

Reactions: Mac9192
DDfanforlife .I got one question for you. How big a Duke fan are you. If you are a BIG DUKE FAN then there is no choice . 5o me a big part of being a Duke fan is the pleasure and satisfaction of seeing the dirtiest and biggest cheating program ever get beat by anyone they compete against. I can say this that I have never ever never pulled for unccheat in anything and that includes when they have a student on the college jeopardy tourmament. Think how sweet it will be when the cheaters lose both to Gonzaga and UK going into the Christmas break. Talk about hof coach roy williams having a tradegy and a castastrophe no amount of " nanner puddin " could make that better. OFC

Last edited:
DDfanforlife .I got one question for you. How big a Duke fan are you. If you are a BIG DUKE FAN then there is no choice . 5o me a big part of being a Duke fan is the pleasure and satisfaction of seeing the dirtiest and biggest cheating program ever get beat by anyone they compete against. I can say this that I have never ever never pulled for unccheat in anything and that includes when they have a student on the college jeopardy tourmament. Think how sweet it will be when the cheaters lose both to Gonzaga and UK going into the Christmas break. Talk about hof coach roy williams having a tradegy and a castastrophe no amount of " nanner puddin " could make that better. OFC

I hear if HOF Coach Roy Knew loses to both he will be hitting the "naner daiquiris!" OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Don’t get me wrong I’m not really pulling for UNC to beat Kentucky. I just think the meltdown on RR would be really fun to watch because of how much they hate losing to those school. We’ve already beat them and the meltdown was hilarious because they hate losing to us because we’re getting all of the recruits that they want, they hate losing to UNC for the same reasons we do (cheating scandal), they hate losing to Louisville because they consider them as “little brother” and they hate losing to Kansas because they think they’re cheaters too because of all of the illegal things that the players have been accused of or been caught doing. So I just think it would be entertaining to watch them whine about losing to all 4 of those teams in the same season and all of the lame excuses that they would no doubt come up with for why they lost. We all know that UNC fans are annoying but so far this season Kentucky fans have been downright idiotic.

Reactions: skysdad
Don’t get me wrong I’m not really pulling for UNC to beat Kentucky. I just think the meltdown on RR would be really fun to watch because of how much they hate losing to those school. We’ve already beat them and the meltdown was hilarious because they hate losing to us because we’re getting all of the recruits that they want, they hate losing to UNC for the same reasons we do (cheating scandal), they hate losing to Louisville because they consider them as “little brother” and they hate losing to Kansas because they think they’re cheaters too because of all of the illegal things that the players have been accused of or been caught doing. So I just think it would be entertaining to watch them whine about losing to all 4 of those teams in the same season and all of the lame excuses that they would no doubt come up with for why they lost. We all know that UNC fans are annoying but so far this season Kentucky fans have been downright idiotic.

That would be fun too but not as much as unccheat getting dowsed at the dome. OFC

That would be fun too but not as much as unccheat getting dowsed at the dome. OFC
It’s not even close. It’s almost as much fun watching the Holes lose as it is to see Duke win.
I can see a Hole fan getting ready to go to a game in the Dean Dome. “Margaret, where’s my blue sweater vest?” Harold, it’s on your side of the closet beside the other 3 sweater vests!”

What kind of a fan wears a freaking sweater vest to a basketball game?

The cheating heels will not lose both games at the banner dome. Hoping for a split at the most. I expect them to win both. If you are gonna play top teams play them at home. OFC

It’s not even close. It’s almost as much fun watching the Holes lose as it is to see Duke win.
I can see a Hole fan getting ready to go to a game in the Dean Dome. “Margaret, where’s my blue sweater vest?” Harold, it’s on your side of the closet beside the other 3 sweater vests!”

What kind of a fan wears a freaking sweater vest to a basketball game?
Hahaha

Some will probably think I’m crazy but I’m kind of torn about the UK/UNC game. On one hand I always want UNC to lose but on the other hand in this particular game I kind of hope UNC wins just because it would be hilarious to watch the meltdown on RR if UK loses to UNC after losing to us to start the season. Then if they go on to lose to Louisville next weekend, then lose to Kansas next month we could get double the entertainment this season, watching Duke win lots of games and the epic meltdown on RR if UK were to lose to us, UNC, Louisville and Kansas in the same season.
The thing about that is if they did indeed lose all those games, you wouldn't actually be seeing a meltdown. Most of them would have jumped ship and stop caring about the team/watching by the time they lost to Lville.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
The thing about that is if they did indeed lose all those games, you wouldn't actually be seeing a meltdown. Most of them would have jumped ship and stop caring about the team/watching by the time they lost to Lville.
They’d say KY is a football school and they don’t really care about basketball. SEC SEC SEC!

You’ve got a point. I’ve seen more posters onn RR than I can count making posts trying to get rid of tickets and saying that they can’t even give their tickets away and we’re only about a quarter of the way into the season.

Well, for one, that article is over eight years old. Also, selling the tickets isn't the problem. I don't doubt UK is sold out every game, but that doesn't mean people are going to every game. There's a distinct difference.

Having said all of that, I don't follow closely enough to know whether or not people are attending the games. In reality, it's probably a moot point to the university....because they're more concerned about selling the seats. Whether someone sits in them or not is most likely irrelevant.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Well, for one, that article is over eight years old. Also, selling the tickets isn't the problem. I don't doubt UK is sold out every game, but that doesn't mean people are going to every game. There's a distinct difference.

Having said all of that, I don't follow closely enough to know whether or not people are attending the games. In reality, it's probably a moot point to the university....because they're more concerned about selling the seats. Whether someone sits in them or not is most likely irrelevant.
He really quoted my post with a link to an article from 8 years ago? I didn’t even bother clicking on the link lol

At the risk of using logic, the SEC will be pushing the ACC for strongest MBB conference this year. Any ACC win over any SEC team is good for the conf, which will be good for Duke. Further, it would be good for Duke if our opponents had as good a record as possible, which would, AGAIN, benefit Duke. Fact is, we are likely to lose a few games in the ACC this year, and I continue to have doubts about how well our guys will perform in the ACCT format. We'll need SOS to be as high as possible. While I'd enjoy UNC's consternation if they lost, it would be better for Duke if UNC won. If UNC has to squeak out a win, at home, after Duke obliterated UK on a neutral court, they'd be only marginally LESS upset than if they'd actually lost the game.
Further, I question how much some of you hate UNC. I hate them so much that I want them to lose 4 games a year. Duke, Duke, Duke, and Duke. Beyond that, I want them to lose in the NCAAT asap. But how mad would you all be if a Duke team only lost 4 games, all of them to UNC? I would never forgive that team or the players on it. I would love for UNC to feel that.

Most every game is sold out but you are right, there are empty seats for the lower mid major games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT