ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

So you literally want to regress and actually segregate all races from blacks? If so, that may be the most idiotic thing I’ve read to date. Hoping I’m wrong here lol.
How is that regressing? When it was segregated there were more black teachers in black schools. It all starts with education. We have accumulated enough to run our own communities. Have you ever heard of Black Wall Street? Maybe you should look that up and tell me if it was FLOURISHING. Then tell me what happened to it.

Every race kill their own. Poor people kill the most. Would you mind telling me which group has the highest percentage of people living at the poverty level.

How is that regressing? When it was segregated there were more black teachers in black schools. It all starts with education. We have accumulated enough to run our own communities. Have you ever heard of Black Wall Street? Maybe you should look that up and tell me if it was FLOURISHING. Then tell me what happened to it.

Every race kill their own. Poor people kill the most. Would you mind telling me which group has the highest percentage of people living at the poverty level.

Yes, that’s regressing, LOL. Go ahead and try it though, let me know how that works out. Blacks are the most poor ethnic group. Asians and Indians the most wealthy (that flies in the face of white privilege but statistically true). And yes I’ve heard of BWS; have you heard of White Wall Street? You haven’t as that’d be considered extremely racist.

I’m done here; I’ve provided facts from a Leftist news outlet, and you’ve provided subjective thoughts, thoughts that were definitely more true 15-20 or more years ago. This won’t end well because nothing fuels more fires than race issues, whether true or subjective, on all sides.

Good luck with your segregated living; I’ll pop back by to see how you’re doing with that.

In a break between bedtime and date night.

No prob Ran, I’ll totally post here:)

Yes, many studies have show black people generally get far harsher punishments for breaking the law.

Fourteen, it isn’t just about stats of unarmed black people being killed by cops. The anger isn’t actually, at the heart of things, all about black people being killed by cops, even though those have been huge triggers... it is about decades of what African Americans see as unfair policing, of tensions between cops and the black communities they police, about tens of thousands of instances where police unfairly pull over black people, harass them, beat them, arrest them, and often without repercussions. It’s been going on for decades and decades, more obviously for a hundred years of segregation, but it still happens all the time. I don’t know a single black person who doesn’t get nervous every time a cop car is behind them, I don’t know a black mother who hasn’t had “the talk” with her black son, I don’t know a black person who doesn’t, deep down in side, feel the tiny bit anxious about ever having to call the cops if they need them.

It is a decades old issue, and one which has been passed down from generation of cop to generation of cop, and from generation of African American to generation of African American. We are doing better, but man, there is a long way to go, and honestly I doubt we will ever really end it... but we can make it better for sure.
About teachers and whether their opinions are now entitled to more,or any, credibility simply because they are teachers or professors. Heard an interview with with a former alleged antifa member. He stated that the leaders of the movement are ultra liberal college professors who hate this country. Have no idea if he was lying, but I have little trust in this country's educators to present an objective non-biased view to their students and would not be at all surprised if he were 100% correct. Just sayin.

In a break between bedtime and date night.

No prob Ran, I’ll totally post here:)

Yes, many studies have show black people generally get far harsher punishments for breaking the law.

Fourteen, it isn’t just about stats of unarmed black people being killed by cops. The anger isn’t actually, at the heart of things, all about black people being killed by cops, even though those have been huge triggers... it is about decades of what African Americans see as unfair policing, of tensions between cops and the black communities they police, about tens of thousands of instances where police unfairly pull over black people, harass them, beat them, arrest them, and often without repercussions. It’s been going on for decades and decades, more obviously for a hundred years of segregation, but it still happens all the time. I don’t know a single black person who doesn’t get nervous every time a cop car is behind them, I don’t know a black mother who hasn’t had “the talk” with her black son, I don’t know a black person who doesn’t, deep down in side, feel the tiny bit anxious about ever having to call the cops if they need them.

It is a decades old issue, and one which has been passed down from generation of cop to generation of cop, and from generation of African American to generation of African American. We are doing better, but man, there is a long way to go, and honestly I doubt we will ever really end it... but we can make it better for sure.

I have seen suggestions about what can be done to deal with SOME of the policing issues. IMO there is a seismic and historical shift happening on that front. I mean, NEVER in the history of America that I’m familiar with have we seen a police officers actions condemned as universally as Chauvin. (I understand for some there may still be shortcomings with the process and the you can say that it’s been a long time coming), but the main thing is there appears to be a change occurring. This is how progressive movements work. They seem ineffectual for a while then something triggers a dramatic change. There will be a slight shift back towards conservatism in the coming months/years most likely, but we won’t go back to where we were ever. I see a litany of new legislation being passed that will change the way policing is done in America. Hopefully this will result in a positive change, but no one knows for sure how it will go. It will be highly politicized though.

My question is more about achieving equality on other fronts (income gap, education etc.). Aside from segregation, which has been presented as a real idea in decades past, Malcolm X was a proponent for a good bit of his life. Are there any concrete ideas (like police reform) that could possibly enact change?

Yes, that’s regressing, LOL. Go ahead and try it though, let me know how that works out. Blacks are the most poor ethnic group. Asians and Indians the most wealthy (that flies in the face of white privilege but statistically true). And yes I’ve heard of BWS; have you heard of White Wall Street? You haven’t as that’d be considered extremely racist.

I’m done here; I’ve provided facts from a Leftist news outlet, and you’ve provided subjective thoughts, thoughts that were definitely more true 15-20 or more years ago. This won’t end well because nothing fuels more fires than race issues, whether true or subjective, on all sides.

Good luck with your segregated living; I’ll pop back by to see how you’re doing with that.
That’s regressing in your eyes not mines hahaha. You said “facts” that was irrelevant to anything I said. I just wanted to make sure you understood why black on black crime happens at a higher rate. White Wall Street is in New York.

About teachers and whether their opinions are now entitled to more,or any, credibility simply because they are teachers or professors. Heard an interview with with a former alleged antifa member. He stated that the leaders of the movement are ultra liberal college professors who hate this country. Have no idea if he was lying, but I have little trust in this country's educators to present an objective non-biased view to their students and would not be at all surprised if he were 100% correct. Just sayin.

While I have no doubt there are some ultra-radical liberal professors out there, that is a small percentage of population. When I think about teachers I don’t think about elite level colleges, I think about local schools. You will find a wide variety of viewpoints depending on where you look. It would be foolish to think all education is being done by the liberal elites. However, education is to some extent about opening your mind and all that. That does tend to lend itself to new ways of thinking, which naturally flies in the face of what we call “conservatives” in our political vernacular.
Also, history teachers in my experience tend to lean a little right overall. Maybe something about studying revolutions provides us with the foresight to proceed with caution?
I say all of this to say that my (or any teachers) POV is really no better than another. It’s just from a perspective that is informed differently.

I’m not trying to downplay racism, it sucks, no way around it. But Kap is kneeling based on stats like the below?

perspective from WaPo, a raging liberal outlet:

In 2019

- 1004 police killing of citizens in America
- 802 had both police and suspect race identified
- 371 of victims were white
- 236 were black
- 10 of the 236 black victims killed were unarmed, 226 were armed

I’m struggling, based on this data, to find where police are openly killing unarmed black people in the streets. Now you can say, based on % to total population, blacks are killed by police more frequently than whites, but look at the ratio of armed victims. Insane.

Exactly...more whites killed than blacks...how many protests for those whites? Probably zero

Okay, I really thought I should be nice here, but jesus, the number of terrible posts just skyrocketed here:( And this conversation was such a nice back and forth for a while!

So no stats to back that up in today’s environment?

Hell I'm “white” and I’m nervous when a cop is behind me. Guess getting my ass kicked while in cuffs in the past did that to me.

I’m not buying what Kap and BLM are selling, and IMO, they’re contributing to the suppressive mentality that black people can never get ahead because of the police, and society in general, is against them.

This is a truly painful post.

Your take is... I don't even get it. You, a white doctor who drives a nice red Mercedes, have just as much a reason to get nervous when a cop pulls up behind you, so black people shouldn't be so sensitive or something...

And these particular famous black advocates, who are supported by basically the entire African American community, who donate time and money to black causes... they are full of shit and just... manipulating those dumb black folks, who now unfairly think the world is against them... and that's why black people are so ****ed up, it's because of themselves.

You are a self-absorbed buffoon. You always struck me as such, but it's pretty much confirmed.

Thanks for having the knack of ruining every serious thread you show up to.

It's definitely not all about police killing unarmed black people. It's much deeper than those numbers. But for the numbers to be that close is alarming. Black people are outnumbered almost 4 to 1. Let me guess...white people know how to act when they're getting arrested huh?

It has NEVER just been about police killing unarmed black people. This is a moronic take that some conservative white people are latching on to because they feel they have one or two stats that can prove that all of these black people who say things are messed up are wrong and their experiences... well, they probably deserved whatever happened to them.

The issues that the African American community has dealt with in terms of their relationship with the police, in the injustices that started back when cops were returning runaways during for the Fugitive Slave Act and went up through segregation, when cops were beating protestors and siccing attack dogs on them and taking part in lynch mobs and then protecting the attackers, and then up through the uneven, oft-aggressive policing of our cities... THIS has been the issue. These murders that we've been seeing over the last few years on social media are the straws that break the collective backs, but come on now.

I swear to God, people are just ignorant, and don't want to listen. Go out there, read what African Americans are writing, listen to what they are saying. Just open your ears.

When you spend your life learning about a topic, and then even going so far as to teach about it, you will be *much* more well informed about said topic, and will have spent *much* more time analyzing said topic, and will have a *much* better historical understanding of said topic, than the average person who is talking as a "casual".

There is this awkward thing, where people think that experiences and information and education only matter in certain "practical skills"... like, to be a good electrician, you need to have experience and understand electricity... and that in much more broad areas, where things like understanding historical context and complex systems are SO important... eh, we can all just say our thoughts and those thoughts are all equally important and informed and valuable.

They aren't.

Just like a combat instructor will know more about combat than a regular person who sometimes goes shooting on the weekends...

... or a doctor will know more about medicine than a regular person who sometimes puts on a bandaid...

... a teacher will generally know more about their particular area of expertise than someone who thinks they know something about the topic, but really never deals with it at all.

(And that's not even getting into a teacher who literally studied the subject that they teach, which is not always the case.)

Last edited:
Brees now cuddling up to a group that will backstab him again as soon as he objects to one of their demands. He is a hostage now and he accepted that faith.

Believe me I know that the college you went to actually matters very little in most cases, unless it’s UNC, then it says everything about who you are.
Cool email from the student. That’s the reason for teaching. If you would rather send me an email when you get the time feel free: dmitch1385@gmail com
I feel like we might have more to talk about than this message board wants to see. Either way is cool with me though.

Man, with the last few posts, you may be right.

So I was thinking back to what you were asking... and listen, I dont' have any answers, I'm a bunch of years away from current research, but I suppose there are a few things I would think could help. I wanted to answer you in a seperate post, because this is worth talking about in a real and positive way.

First is reimaging our predominantly African American schools so that they operate more on a "whole family" approach. You have to start YOUNG, and work with a family closely beyond just 8-3. There is this entire style of school that has evolved particularly in some inner city areas where the schools offer an education, but they do even more. They offer before-school services, including food. They offer extended school days, including instruction of specific skills and arts and the like. They work closely with families and parents, and even provide things like food and clothing and job counseling and mental health help. They are definitely not possible everywhere... they are demanding of the staff, and demanding financially, but these sorts of schools can go a LONG way towards lifting up a community, and enabling the adults in the community to make for a BETTER community, and they ultimately pay back their initial investment tenfold. It takes a village.

Second, I think we need to aggressively recruit African Americans into the sciences and math. You need to tackle #1 above first to really make it work, but we need to start getting more black Americans into fields that will offer paths to higher paying, white collar, meaningful jobs.

Third, I think community service needs to be extended in African American communities. Things like community centers and programs are huge.... things to give skills to adults, and to keep kids busy. You need STRONG mentor programs connecting successful African American adults with kids, particularly kids who may be at risk (esp single parent households).

Fourth, I do think there is work that needs to be done, in terms of policing our African American communities. The police have such a difficult job. The thing is... sometimes I think we see their job as stopping criminals, but I think that we have to approach it differently. Police in African American communities in particular need to be trained early and often to understand that their job is caring for their community. It is a positive role, not a negative. You need frequent and positive interaction between police and the regular, law-abiding people they are working with. You need regular communication between community leadership and police leadership, including down to the lower levels of said police leadership, putting a good weight on the shoulders of the day-to-day leadership in the patrol cars. I think you do need some sort of community oversight over their local police; the people want their police to keep them safe, and we should trust them to have that best interest in mind.

Oh, and fifth, I do think we need serious continued financial investment in African American communities. Investment in schools, investment in terms of help African Americans start small businesses, investment in lower-level simple health care, investment in policing.

I mean, that's a start? Shit man, there is SO much that needs to be done.

The beauty of it is that I genuinely think we are in as good a place as we've ever been, current shit show notwithstanding. I think the majority of people want the right thing to happen, and thankfully young people today REALLY get it, in a way that young people never have before. They are growing up in a much different world than even us guys in our 40s, and the world will benefit for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DukefanKY
I'm not stating that race doesn't play a role in certain cases.. However, statistically speaking, whites are killed at a higher rate by the police. So I view this as a excessive force issue. Race ties in it with certain cases, but I personally believe this is more than just a race issue. I believe systematically, this is a power issue and doesn't matter what color you are. The media paints a different picture most of the times.
Statistically, but not proportionally....way more white than black in america...a black male has a 1 in 1000 chance and a white male has a 39 in 100,000 chance of being murdered by police

if you understand sociology you would know why black people kill black people. white people kill white people as well. The media stirs up thing for a reason. They want an all-out war because they know we are outnumbered and outgunned. Media coverage is very tricky. I'm sure that black man that killed that white man will get the time he's supposed to. White people don't get the time black people get. Are you trying to argue that this country isn't built on racism?
And you never hear white on white crime...more white people kill other white people and more black people kill more black due primarily to proximity and housing

Man, with the last few posts, you may be right.

So I was thinking back to what you were asking... and listen, I dont' have any answers, I'm a bunch of years away from current research, but I suppose there are a few things I would think could help. I wanted to answer you in a seperate post, because this is worth talking about in a real and positive way.

First is reimaging our predominantly African American schools so that they operate more on a "whole family" approach. You have to start YOUNG, and work with a family closely beyond just 8-3. There is this entire style of school that has evolved particularly in some inner city areas where the schools offer an education, but they do even more. They offer before-school services, including food. They offer extended school days, including instruction of specific skills and arts and the like. They work closely with families and parents, and even provide things like food and clothing and job counseling and mental health help. They are definitely not possible everywhere... they are demanding of the staff, and demanding financially, but these sorts of schools can go a LONG way towards lifting up a community, and enabling the adults in the community to make for a BETTER community, and they ultimately pay back their initial investment tenfold. It takes a village.

Second, I think we need to aggressively recruit African Americans into the sciences and math. You need to tackle #1 above first to really make it work, but we need to start getting more black Americans into fields that will offer paths to higher paying, white collar, meaningful jobs.

Third, I think community service needs to be extended in African American communities. Things like community centers and programs are huge.... things to give skills to adults, and to keep kids busy. You need STRONG mentor programs connecting successful African American adults with kids, particularly kids who may be at risk (esp single parent households).

Fourth, I do think there is work that needs to be done, in terms of policing our African American communities. The police have such a difficult job. The thing is... sometimes I think we see their job as stopping criminals, but I think that we have to approach it differently. Police in African American communities in particular need to be trained early and often to understand that their job is caring for their community. It is a positive role, not a negative. You need frequent and positive interaction between police and the regular, law-abiding people they are working with. You need regular communication between community leadership and police leadership, including down to the lower levels of said police leadership, putting a good weight on the shoulders of the day-to-day leadership in the patrol cars. I think you do need some sort of community oversight over their local police; the people want their police to keep them safe, and we should trust them to have that best interest in mind.

Oh, and fifth, I do think we need serious continued financial investment in African American communities. Investment in schools, investment in terms of help African Americans start small businesses, investment in lower-level simple health care, investment in policing.

I mean, that's a start? Shit man, there is SO much that needs to be done.

The beauty of it is that I genuinely think we are in as good a place as we've ever been, current shit show notwithstanding. I think the majority of people want the right thing to happen, and thankfully young people today REALLY get it, in a way that young people never have before. They are growing up in a much different world than even us guys in our 40s, and the world will benefit for it.

See I can get behind a lot of those ideas. If we are honest I am someone who usually leans to the right politically, but because of my job and the people I influence (I coach football and basketball at my high school as well as teach mostly American History) I always try to look at things from lots of perspectives.
I think one of the real issues with the BLM movement (and the continuation of the Civil Rights movement really) over the past 5 or so years has been its lack of clear goals. That’s not to say there are no goals, but unless you are a scholar on the subject those goals are not clearly presented. I mean when is the last time a prominent Democratic candidate spent any time discussing those issues you mentioned? Why can’t the media present those goal as consistently and furiously as they present COVID-19 facts? If the public were inundated with the goals of the movement I believe you would see support for some of them grow. If a system were laid out (like the all inclusive schools you mentioned) then people could wrap their heads around it. There would be backlash from the right for sure. I mean all of the things you listed require funding and big government. But in general America tends to move that way over the course of history. It would provide ideas that anyone could promote without simplifying everything down to race. Is race a serious element at the heart of it....well of course it is, but the political issues really have less to do with that.
One big problem I have had for years with all politicians is their willingness to speak for better education (on this thread the education of the youth has been bashed a few times) yet when it comes time to put up, budgets are routinely slashed, positions are cut, and schools are packed to the brim. So I for one could and would definitely get behind your first idea.

It should be easy to tell, on the face of the quote, that he is lying. Using words like "ultra liberal"and "hate America" are such broad bromides that they are easily rejected.

A lot of issues going on in our country, and a lot of divide. I don’t know how, or if, these things can get fixed. We have so many things thrown out in this thread. Rigid thinking from both sides. I agree with some of what vabluedevil says, but it’s more complicated than a simple statement like he makes it out. Then you have dachamp say some things that are just out there. He isn’t drinking kool aid, he’s swimming in it.
I’m 47, and white. I have no idea what it’s like to live in St Louis, or Chicago. A kid from there is going to have a hard time respecting me. I get it. The best answers I can give, and it’s more complicated than what I’m suggesting, are solid parenting, good mentors, and education. Not just in a school. Somehow, someway, in my opinion, a respected group from the black community has to be a bridge. We don’t have that. The same has to be done from the white community. It’s not a fix, no, but until someone, or a major group comes along with the intent of healing, and not profiting, things won’t ever improve.
I’m not so sure that many from both sides want it to change though. Seems like they want the division. That’s how they stay famous, and make money.

Last edited:
Just saw an article where uber eats will stop charging delivery fees to black owned restaurants.

Reactions: TheDude1
I’m not so sure that many from both sides want it to change though. Seems like they want the division. That’s how they stay famous, and make money.

So this I definitely disagree with. Nobody I know is being famous or making money from this sort of thing, and every single person I know would like us to get to as strong a place as equality as we can get. I think your take, that this is about fame and money, discredits how incredibly important and personal the issue is for so many people.

I agree that DaChamp's takes seem pretty extreme, but I would say... pay attention to the emotion behind it, and try to see where it comes from. You may not agree with the take, but there is value in trying to understand it.

(BTW, understand doesn't mean endorse. If we say "Let's understand this mass murderer" we aren't saying let's agree with him; we are saying let's get it, so maybe we can make change or improve things.)

So this I definitely disagree with. Nobody I know is being famous or making money from this sort of thing, and every single person I know would like us to get to as strong a place as equality as we can get. I think your take, that this is about fame and money, discredits how incredibly important and personal the issue is for so many
I don’t think we’re on the same page on this specific part. There are many prominent people that I truly believe profit from race issues, or injustice. Come on Dude. The actual racists and discrimination parts are far worse, but guys like Al Sharpton aren’t putting out the fires. Guys like him profit off these moments. That’s my beef. He could do some good, but I don’t think he wants it to be better.

I don’t think we’re on the same page on this specific part. There are many prominent people that I truly believe profit from race issues, or injustice. Come on Dude. The actual racists and discrimination parts are far worse, but guys like Al Sharpton aren’t putting out the fires. Guys like him profit off these moments. That’s my beef. He could do some good, but I don’t think he wants it to be better.

You are right, we won't agree, although I WILL agree that Al Sharpton... not a fan.

But a guy like Kaepernick, that's a different sort.

And to add, my daughter is a SR this year. She has done great in school. All the extracurricular stuff. Awesome grades. She has beaten the bushes looking for scholarships. She has been disqualified so many times simply based on the color of her skin.

So this I definitely disagree with. Nobody I know is being famous or making money from this sort of thing, and every single person I know would like us to get to as strong a place as equality as we can get. I think your take, that this is about fame and money, discredits how incredibly important and personal the issue is for so many people.

I agree that DaChamp's takes seem pretty extreme, but I would say... pay attention to the emotion behind it, and try to see where it comes from. You may not agree with the take, but there is value in trying to understand it.

(BTW, understand doesn't mean endorse. If we say "Let's understand this mass murderer" we aren't saying let's agree with him; we are saying let's get it, so maybe we can make change or improve things.)
What is your definition of "equality", just for discussion purposes? That will tell me a lot about you.

Okay, I really thought I should be nice here, but jesus, the number of terrible posts just skyrocketed here:( And this conversation was such a nice back and forth for a while!

This is a truly painful post.

Your take is... I don't even get it. You, a white doctor who drives a nice red Mercedes, have just as much a reason to get nervous when a cop pulls up behind you, so black people shouldn't be so sensitive or something...

And these particular famous black advocates, who are supported by basically the entire African American community, who donate time and money to black causes... they are full of shit and just... manipulating those dumb black folks, who now unfairly think the world is against them... and that's why black people are so ****ed up, it's because of themselves.

You are a self-absorbed buffoon. You always struck me as such, but it's pretty much confirmed.

Thanks for having the knack of ruining every serious thread you show up to.

It has NEVER just been about police killing unarmed black people. This is a moronic take that some conservative white people are latching on to because they feel they have one or two stats that can prove that all of these black people who say things are messed up are wrong and their experiences... well, they probably deserved whatever happened to them.

The issues that the African American community has dealt with in terms of their relationship with the police, in the injustices that started back when cops were returning runaways during for the Fugitive Slave Act and went up through segregation, when cops were beating protestors and siccing attack dogs on them and taking part in lynch mobs and then protecting the attackers, and then up through the uneven, oft-aggressive policing of our cities... THIS has been the issue. These murders that we've been seeing over the last few years on social media are the straws that break the collective backs, but come on now.

I swear to God, people are just ignorant, and don't want to listen. Go out there, read what African Americans are writing, listen to what they are saying. Just open your ears.

When you spend your life learning about a topic, and then even going so far as to teach about it, you will be *much* more well informed about said topic, and will have spent *much* more time analyzing said topic, and will have a *much* better historical understanding of said topic, than the average person who is talking as a "casual".

There is this awkward thing, where people think that experiences and information and education only matter in certain "practical skills"... like, to be a good electrician, you need to have experience and understand electricity... and that in much more broad areas, where things like understanding historical context and complex systems are SO important... eh, we can all just say our thoughts and those thoughts are all equally important and informed and valuable.

They aren't.

Just like a combat instructor will know more about combat than a regular person who sometimes goes shooting on the weekends...

... or a doctor will know more about medicine than a regular person who sometimes puts on a bandaid...

... a teacher will generally know more about their particular area of expertise than someone who thinks they know something about the topic, but really never deals with it at all.

(And that's not even getting into a teacher who literally studied the subject that they teach, which is not always the case.)
You kind of miss the point of my post or dodge it. I do not question the ability of teachers to understand what is going on around them. I do question whether or not they are able, simply by virtue of a degree in education (from Duke or anywhere else), to pontificate about subjects about which they are not experts. The point of my earlier post, however, is that there are educators out there who intentionally abuse the trust which society places in them by presenting facts to their students in a biased and inaccurate manner for the purpose of indoctrinating them to the teacher's political ideologies, rather than laying things out objectively in order to allow the students to reach informed decisions and then respecting those decisions. Dude, from your posts, I do not sense that you are one of those ideologues(sp?).

Reactions: Fourteen44
What is your definition of "equality", just for discussion purposes? That will tell me a lot about you.

Oh. Definition of equality?

See, that’s tricky for me.

On the one hand, I am a somewhat strict stickler for logic, so “equality” means two things are exact equivalents. I’m at times practical to the point of unimaginative.

But I suspect you mean... like among people?

I’m. not sure how I would definite equality, in a moral sense. Maybe something along the line of “everyone getting the same chance to make the most of what they have by the people around them”? In reality a bit of a pipe dream, but at least you want to work towards that.

I do not know, I’m not sure I’ve ever really considered it? I dropped intro philosophy like two classes in (although there was a girl in that class who masturbated in class, so it wasn’t ALL bad.)

You kind of miss the point of my post or dodge it. I do not question the ability of teachers to understand what is going on around them. I do question whether or not they are able, simply by virtue of a degree in education (from Duke or anywhere else), to pontificate about subjects about which they are not experts. The point of my earlier post, however, is that there are educators out there who intentionally abuse the trust which society places in them by presenting facts to their students in a biased and inaccurate manner for the purpose of indoctrinating them to the teacher's political ideologies, rather than laying things out objectively in order to allow the students to reach informed decisions and then respecting those decisions. Dude, from your posts, I do not sense that you are one of those ideologues(sp?).

I rarely dodge questions, even if sometimes I should... I enjoy the discussion and debate.

Ive had a lot of teachers, and I do not recall ever having one like that. I’ve also worked with a lot of teachers, and never met one like that. Every educator I know well enough to feel that I know believes that a moral responsibility to truth and fairness, and pushing kids to develop a sense of themselves, of what they believe, is an essential part of the job... it’s almost THE essential part, outside of the simple act of loving the students and supporting them. I suspect that anyone who doesn’t have that going for them... well, they don’t last as a teacher for more than a few years... they may be better suited to be stock brokers or something;)

Reactions: Devilinside
The Floyd murder has captured attention globally as I learned of protests outside the United States yesterday. The demonstrations have definitely increased awareness of abuse of African-Americans by police. That increased awareness via a fairly lengthy string of protests has obviously paid off.....Police themselves at the rallies have made amends with Black Lives Matter leaders.

All of the above is a preface to my question: At what point do the protests stop? Obviously we dont want to see continued looting, innocent folk shoved to the street, hundreds of arrests. Its summer, and there is only potential for uprisings as police and protesters interact in the oppressive heat.

Isnt it about time for the media to stop covering the marches and give attention to the pandemic sweeping the country? Lets take the abuse of black suspects by white authorities into the corporate board rooms , neighborhood public hearings with our police officers, and dialogue in Congress all the way down to the grassroots levels. I say lets take this next step, and wind down the parades in the streets. This is NOT a partisan political plea. Its just time to take the next step.

OFC

I have been wondering that too, but sadly, I think that some of our elected leaders, and especially POTUS, have to announce a meaningful federal investigation into the Floyd case and the police dept in general. They also would have to sue a few of the most egregious states and obtain consent decrees by which they are given oversight authority over those police departments. Anyone see that happening? Me neither..

Reactions: TheDude1
And to add, my daughter is a SR this year. She has done great in school. All the extracurricular stuff. Awesome grades. She has beaten the bushes looking for scholarships. She has been disqualified so many times simply based on the color of her skin.
I'm curious as to how you know she was disqualified due to her skin color...other than her simply applying for minority scholarships. I'm assuming the universities aren't just like...yeah, sorry....you're white, so DENIED...if it was something she was truly qualified for

The Floyd murder has captured attention globally as I learned of protests outside the United States yesterday. The demonstrations have definitely increased awareness of abuse of African-Americans by police. That increased awareness via a fairly lengthy string of protests has obviously paid off.....Police themselves at the rallies have made amends with Black Lives Matter leaders.

All of the above is a preface to my question: At what point do the protests stop? Obviously we dont want to see continued looting, innocent folk shoved to the street, hundreds of arrests. Its summer, and there is only potential for uprisings as police and protesters interact in the oppressive heat.

Isnt it about time for the media to stop covering the marches and give attention to the pandemic sweeping the country? Lets take the abuse of black suspects by white authorities into the corporate board rooms , neighborhood public hearings with our police officers, and dialogue in Congress all the way down to the grassroots levels. I say lets take this next step, and wind down the parades in the streets. This is NOT a partisan political plea. Its just time to take the next step.

OFC

Right? How long can this go on?

I think either they will die down on their own some time in the next week, or some sort of national figure will call for that to happen. We don’t have a national figure who can do that right now, though.

Having such a divider in office as President is really crappy. It’s funny... we’ve ended up with the President we’ve had, and there weren’t HUGE issues... economy continued its upward trends, no major attacks on the homeland, no massive crises... but suddenly we get a pandemic and a national revolution or whatever, and the guy we have in office is a reality TV star with literally no government experience. These are big issues for experienced people to handle... having someone completely inexperienced, that’s not ideal.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Exactly...more whites killed than blacks...how many protests for those whites? Probably zero

This guy is obviously racist (sarcasm). This is my biggest beef with society right now: whites and their virtue signaling. Most are all f’in talk:

Right? How long can this go on?

I think either they will die down on their own some time in the next week, or some sort of national figure will call for that to happen. We don’t have a national figure who can do that right now, though.

Having such a divider in office as President is really crappy. It’s funny... we’ve ended up with the President we’ve had, and there weren’t HUGE issues... economy continued its upward trends, no major attacks on the homeland, no massive crises... but suddenly we get a pandemic and a national revolution or whatever, and the guy we have in office is a reality TV star with literally no government experience. These are big issues for experienced people to handle... having someone completely inexperienced, that’s not ideal.
I couldn’t disagree with this take more. Trump, with his flaws, and who’s been in office for over 3 years is responsible, and blamed for the things going on, when all these politicians, Democrat and Republican, have been in office for decades. Let that sink in.
The media is crooked, severely biased, and wants nothing more than to get him out. They have been sick since November of 2016.
I’m glad we have him in office, reality star or not. I’ve witnessed his words get taken out of context, and he calls the media out for it. The time he put the projection screen on the stage and made the press watch was pure genius. But it doesn’t matter what he does positively, they look for the bad in almost everything he says and does. If he was to help cure cancer, CNN would say that thousands of doctors are now unemployed.

The riots have been covered horribly. Not a peep has been made about the black retired policeman, Mr Dorn, that was killed by rioters. That’s because his death doesn’t fit a narrative, which is to blame and divide. Which proves that many don’t really want to fix the issues that are out there. It’s like they want to find a black killed by a white, and it’s a major bonus when that white guy is a policeman.

Last edited:

Counter to that; blacks are only 12% of population so statistically they’re killed at a much higher clip. Now, that said, blacks make up/commit 53% of confirmed homicides. When you use the 12% stat into homicides.....wow. Staggering.

Last edited:
This guy is obviously racist (sarcasm). This is my biggest beef with society right now: whites and their virtue signaling. Most are all f’in talk:

You have no idea about me or know anything about me...so keep your smart ass comments to yourself...and I agree some people are real tough on the computer

Lol settle down - that’s not directed at you, I’m actually thinking along the same lines as you.

I am not too proficient with a computer and cannot cut and paste. That being said I thought Bob Woodson last Tuesday on Tucker Carlson show was spot on discussing the current racial climate in America. I would appreciate someone pasting a link to woodsoncenter.org

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT