ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

I couldn’t disagree with this take more. Trump, with his flaws, and who’s been in office for over 3 years is responsible for the things going on, when all these politicians, Democrat and Republican, have been in office for decades. Let that sink in.
The media is crooked, severely biased, and wants nothing more than to get him out. They have been sick since November of 2016.
I’m glad we have him in office, reality star or not. But he’s blamed for everything. If he was to help cure cancer, CNN would say that thousands of doctors are now unemployed.

The riots have been covered horribly. Not a peep has been made about the black retired policeman, Mr Dorn, that was killed by rioters. That’s because his death doesn’t fit a narrative, which is to blame and divide. Which proves that many don’t really want to fix the issues that are out there. It’s like they want to find a black killed by a white, and it’s a major bonus when that white guy is a policeman.
You are right. Fox News, Sean Hannity, Washington Examiner, NY Post, Washington Times and a few more are out to get him. It is true there is more than enough blame to go around in terms of the society we have, but Trump is the boss and this is happening on his watch. As far as the pandemic, he is the one who gutted the CDC, axed the pandemic office and refused to look at playbooks left to him by both the Obama and Bush administrations on how to deal with pandemics. One thing i will give him due is his ability to brainwash an awful lot of people into believing that he respects democracy and doing a good job.

Reactions: bfort2223
And to add, my daughter is a SR this year. She has done great in school. All the extracurricular stuff. Awesome grades. She has beaten the bushes looking for scholarships. She has been disqualified so many times simply based on the color of her skin.

Last edited:
You are right. Fox News, Sean Hannity, Washington Examiner, NY Post, Washington Times and a few more are out to get him. It is true there is more than enough blame to go around in terms of the society we have, but Trump is the boss and this is happening on his watch. As far as the pandemic, he is the one who gutted the CDC, axed the pandemic office and refused to look at playbooks left to him by both the Obama and Bush administrations on how to deal with pandemics. One thing i will give him due is his ability to brainwash an awful lot of people into believing that he respects democracy and doing a good job.
I maybe wrong but I believe Obama cut over 1 billion from CDC budget over a 2-3 yr period. He also refused to replenish the stockpile of masks. Cuomo refused to buy several hundred ventilators because he did not want to spent the 250 million but he wasted about 750 million on some solar energy farm. Trump is far from perfect but let’s face it , he has been dealing with the Russia hoax and impeachment since taking office. He is to be blamed for not firing everyone from the prior administration and hiring his own people.

Reactions: dukesince91
I maybe wrong but I believe Obama cut over 1 billion from CDC budget over a 2-3 yr period. He also refused to replenish the stockpile of masks. Cuomo refused to buy several hundred ventilators because he did not want to spent the 250 million but he wasted about 750 million on some solar energy farm. Trump is far from perfect but let’s face it , he has been dealing with the Russia hoax and impeachment since taking office. He is to be blamed for not firing everyone from the prior administration and hiring his own people.
In Obama's last budget proposal he sought increased spending for the CDC and as far as the depleted mask stockpile, the funds that were provided went to other life saving medications and equipment. Hard to blame Obama for not spending more when he was hamstrung his last two years by a hostile Republic majority led by a man who actually had announced that he did not intend to give Obama anything he wanted. Still and all, Trump could have activated the production act. As far as how busy he has been dealing with, or rather obstructing, the investigations into his almost treasonous reliance on Russia to help with the election and the ensuing impeachment, perhaps had he spent less time golfing and more time running the country, things would have been different. Somehow Bill Clinton actually managed to testify before the house and still run the country.

My views couldn’t be more opposite of some on here. That’s fine. We have our own views.
The divide by the media is horrible.
The death of Mr Dorn, and the destruction of people’s property is proof, yet let’s blame Trump for wanting to bring in the National Guard.
Really?

Good luck to your daughter. Went through this a year ago with my son. He aced SAT as a sophomore. Was valedictorian at great high school and had 36 on ACTs except for one 35. Applied to 6 Ivy League schools and did not get into any. Was finalist for Morehead , Jefferson and Park. Went 0-3. Duke offered very little and the most frustrated thing was he did not even get into Honors Program at UNC. Yes. I think race and his not being progressive enough were factors.

My condolences on your son not getting into the six Ivy schools to which he applied. My further condolences to him getting into Duke but not getting offered enough money to attend.

Here's a suggestion to you and the other guy complaining about your kids not getting into their schools of choice or not getting enough money in scholarships:

Explore attending an HBCU. They'll get an undergraduate degree for little to no money based off the color of their skin.

My views couldn’t be more opposite of some on here. That’s fine. We have our own views.
The death of Mr Dorn, and the destruction of people’s property is proof, yet let’s blame Trump for wanting to bring in the National Guard.
Really?
This type of thing is ok Mac, ask the leftest here. The will defend them and bail them out of jail. The looters, rioters,thieves and in some cases here murderers are all being praised for doing such. We dont hear about the Black retired police officer being killed while guarding his friends pawn shop in St. Louis. Why not, he was black? Did his life not matter? Do all black lives not matter, only certain ones that support and break rules to be seen or "heard"? He was one of the heros here. Not these criminals.
The "looters and rioters" are supporting and just part of the "movement". Trump calls on our armed forces to help protect our nation in which chaos has broken out in most major cities across the US and hes a racist, Bush calls on the armed forces in LA (One city)for the Rodney King Riots and hes praised by the people and media.
Were supposed to be social distancing and stay quarantined, not go outside for large gatherings, not be opening our economy back up, not going back to work to support our families as said by the left. But rioting and protesting in such close proximity to others is ok. Now all these suggestions and rules by certain ones in our government are ok. As usual do as the left says, not as they do. Right? All about those votes!

Last edited:
My condolences on your son not getting into the six Ivy schools to which he applied. My further condolences to him getting into Duke but not getting offered enough money to attend.

Here's a suggestion to you and the other guy complaining about your kids not getting into their schools of choice or not getting enough money in scholarships:

Explore attending an HBCU. They'll get an undergraduate degree for little to no money based off the color of their skin.

/\

Black guy?

And no idea how anyone could look at the CiC and think that he has done anything to make things better.

Just over the last two or three days we’ve had his own former SecDef speak out against him, his own former SecHomelandSecurity/Chief of Staff speak out against him, a former Republican President say he will not vote for him, a former republican SecState say he will not vote for him, the current Senate majority leader say that he doesn’t judge people to avoid saying anything, the previous two Republican Speakers of the House avoid the question of who they will vote for in November, and the former commander of JSOC (that is the overall commander of all American special forces) say that he has generals telling him that Trump is destroying the Republic and that he has to go.

And that is just, like, two days.

We’ve also seen no apparent attempts by the administration to effectively ease tensions among Americans, a call for the deployment of active military members in an order that the current SecDef had to speak out against, and a historical barricading of the White House.

This doesn’t happen because a leader is doing a good job leading.

I never knew the solution to slowing down this virus was mass protests and rioting.

I’ve hardly heard anything about Covid-19 in over a week.

Wow.

Reactions: topps coach

Last edited:
Really?
Not even the governo
This type of thing is ok Mac, ask the leftest here. The will defend them and bail them out of jail. The looters, rioters,thieves and in some cases here murderers are all being praised for doing such. We dont hear about the Black retired police officer being killed while guarding his friends pawn shop in St. Louis. Why not, he was black? Did his life not matter? Do all black lives not matter, only certain ones that support and break rules to be seen or "heard"? He was one of the heros here. Not these criminals.
The "looters and rioters" are supporting and just part of the "movement". Trump calls on our armed forces to help protect our nation in which chaos has broken out in most major cities across the US and hes a racist, Reagan calls on the armed forces in LA (One city)for the Rodney King Riots and hes praised by the people and media.
Were supposed to be social distancing and stay quarantined, not go outside for large gatherings, not be opening our economy back up, not going back to work to support our families as said by the left. But rioting and protesting in such close proximity to others is ok. Now all these suggestions and rules by certain ones in our government are ok. As usual do as the left says, not as they do. Right? All about those votes!
First, the protestors have not embraced the looters. Rather they have tried to stop them. Also, Reagan was not president during the 1992 riots. He had been out of officer for 3 years. And those rioters were literally burning the city down. To try to quell the unrest, Bush said that the officers who beat King would be tried in federal court, which was an unprecedented step as it was not vetted within DOJ, who, because of double jeopardy issues, were always reluctant to do that.

Reactions: TheDude1
I never knew the solution to slowing down this virus was mass protests and rioting.

I’ve hardly heard anything about Covid-19 in over a week.

Wow.
Really. There have been daily reports about how Florida is seeing increased in Covid at 1000/ day. De Blasio's curfew order specifically said it was motivated by concerns about the spread of the pandemic. It was also rumored that Floyd had it, although I don't know why anyone really thought that made a difference.

Reactions: dbav
In Obama's last budget proposal he sought increased spending for the CDC and as far as the depleted mask stockpile, the funds that were provided went to other life saving medications and equipment. Hard to blame Obama for not spending more when he was hamstrung his last two years by a hostile Republic majority led by a man who actually had announced that he did not intend to give Obama a
Not even the governo

First, the protestors have not embraced the looters. Rather they have tried to stop them. Also, Reagan was not president during the 1992 riots. He had been out of officer for 3 years. And those rioters were literally burning the city down. To try to quell the unrest, Bush said that the officers who beat King would be tried in federal court, which was an unprecedented step as it was not vetted within DOJ, who, because of double jeopardy issues, were always reluctant to do that.
You dont think that was Trumps intention? To "quell the unrest"? Cmon.He took an oath to protect the American people against foreign and domestic adversaries. The people breaking the law needed to be stopped and dealt with accordingly. People are burning down and stealing from innocent people. People were and are getting hurt and killed. Civilians and officers, this is okay? If you were a victim in all this mess, you too would want the help of the man in charge and for those responsible to be held accountable. Youd be singing a different tune. Since your not, you just sit back and support these despicable acts and try arguing with anyone thats not part of your "twitter mob mentality" or that see this different than you. Keep fueling the fire.
Most of these businesses were small and already struggling to stay afloat due to COVID19 now they are being burnt to the ground and robbed. People worked long, hard and im sure most of their lifes to have what little they do, and for it to be taken away like that was and is just total bull$hit, and if you cant get behind that and agree your morals are definitely wacked.

Really. There have been daily reports about how Florida is seeing increased in Covid at 1000/ day. De Blasio's curfew order specifically said it was motivated by concerns about the spread of the pandemic. It was also rumored that Floyd had it, although I don't know why anyone really thought that made a difference.
I agree it made no difference but everyone else who has died having the virus it was decided the virus was the cause of death. Someone had blood alcohol level of .55 and yet it was determined the virus was the cause of death.

It seems that Mac does not trust or believe the media, and also does not look at much media, and also gets mad when the media doesn’t talk about what he thinks they should talk about even when they do, although I don’t know why he would get upset about it since the media is lying anyway.

It’s a bit confusing:)

Tons about covid in every major news source. The Memorial Day spike seems to be hitting, and unfortunately it looks like we will get a “protest” spike in a few weeks too. Terrible timing all around.

There's a whole lot of everything in this thread, some of it good, some of it very bad. Honestly, I don't want to get into a lot of it because it will just result in going back and forth essentially beating my head against the wall.

A couple things I would like to suggest, though, to the individuals who are so hellbent that there is little no systemic racial bias or discrimination in this country:

--Listen when Black people talk about their experiences and not automatically come back with objections and whatabouts.

Think about it like this. No one on this board could tell Coach K what it's like to be a Division I head basketball coach. If you're a white person, why would you think yourself qualified to tell a Black person that their accounts of what it's like to be Black in America is wrong?

--Understand that wanting the playing field even is not the same as wanting a handout, as I've seen at least a couple people mention on here.

Look at the United States like the 100 yard dash, which effectively began a little over 500 years ago. Focus on racial equality and civil rights really kicked in a little over 50 years. How fast does one have to be to catch up and get to the finish line at the same time or in front when the other guy starts at the 90 yard mark? Trying to assist the guy who, through no fault of his own, is starting a 10 second sprint 9 seconds later than his opponent is a hell of a lot more fair than just telling him, "you know where the finish line is, get there."

--Don't get tricked into allowing racial equity to become a political issue. You can still be a conservative and believe that some people in America get treated worse than others based on the color of their skin. Just because you yourself may not outwardly discriminate against someone doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just because your white and don't have an obvious position and opportunity to oppress people of other races doesn't mean there aren't people who have that power and who use that power.

--Again, just listen. Calls for equality are very likely not about you as an individual white person. It is about systems in this country that exist and that make it more difficult for some to succeed than others.

If you see someone crying out in pain, most people are going to ask that person, "what can I do?" Very few will tell that individual, "You're not really hurt, it's all in your mind."

I don’t think we’re on the same page on this specific part. There are many prominent people that I truly believe profit from race issues, or injustice. Come on Dude. The actual racists and discrimination parts are far worse, but guys like Al Sharpton aren’t putting out the fires. Guys like him profit off these moments. That’s my beef. He could do some good, but I don’t think he wants it to be better.

I would like to point out that every person who mentions Al Shaprton profiting off racial division should truly look across the spectrum and open their minds. People like Candace Owens, Larry Elder and Errol Webber have found there can be good money in making white people feel good about themselves and their viewpoints.

Everything worked out well for my son. He was offered a dozen national merit scholarships but very wisely chose to attend MIT. Guess he wasn’t Ivy League or UNC Honors material.

Congratulations to your son. I hope he excels and continues to make you proud.

I have a hard question for you. Since you stated you feel the Ivy schools, Duke and UNC held his race and political views against him, do you feel MIT favored him because of his race and politics? It's only fair to assume that if the schools who didn't accept him because they favored Black students, the one that did accept him has a form of bias as well.

I would like to point out that every person who mentions Al Shaprton profiting off racial division should truly look across the spectrum and open their minds. People like Candace Owens, Larry Elder and Errol Webber have found there can be good money in making white people feel good about themselves and their viewpoints.
Do you really think Candace has a resume like Sharpton? Crown Height’s riots that resulted in death of Jewish man stabbed by black youths? Tamara Brawley and her false rape claims? Sharpton was fined 65k. How about his false accusation against the Duke lacrosse team? And yet he visited the White House 86 times as advisor on race to Obama. That would be like David Duke visiting Trump’s White @house.

Reactions: topps coach
You dont think that was Trumps intention? To "quell the unrest"? Cmon.He took an oath to protect the American people against foreign and domestic adversaries. The people breaking the law needed to be stopped and dealt with accordingly. People are burning down and stealing from innocent people. People were and are getting hurt and killed. Civilians and officers, this is okay? If you were a victim in all this mess, you too would want the help of the man in charge and for those responsible to be held accountable. Youd be singing a different tune. Since your not, you just sit back and support these despicable acts and try arguing with anyone thats not part of your "twitter mob mentality" or that see this different than you. Keep fueling the fire.
Most of these businesses were small and already struggling to stay afloat due to COVID19 now they are being burnt to the ground and robbed. People worked long, hard and im sure most of their lifes to have what little they do, and for it to be taken away like that was and is just total bull$hit, and if you cant get behind that and agree your morals are definitely wacked.
how, precisely do you know, I am not effected by this? You have no idea. Also, it appears that the protests are getting more peaceful precisely because the people who want change are for the most part against violence that distorts the message. if you honestly think Trump is trying to quell the unrest, then you and I are living in very different realities. In mine, the guy who is trying to keep the peace does not tear gas peaceful protesters so he can walk to a church and take a picture holding a bible. I won’t dignify your comment about my morals with an answer.

Do you really think Candace has a resume like Sharpton? Crown Height’s riots that resulted in death of Jewish man stabbed by black youths? Tamara Brawley and her false rape claims? Sharpton was fined 65k. How about his false accusation against the Duke lacrosse team? And yet he visited the White House 86 times as advisor on race to Obama. That would be like David Duke visiting Trump’s White @house.

Truthfully, I don't think Candace Owens has much of a resume at all. She seems to be a good example of right place, right time. She makes a certain group of white folks feel good about themselves and their beliefs, and she is apparently getting compensated pretty well for it. The same can be said for the other folks I mentioned, as well as Diamond and Silk. I'm not going to knock someone's hustle but I'm also not going to act like I don't know what that hustle consists of.

I do find it very amusing, however, that she talks about racism basically being dead but a little over a decade ago she filed and won a lawsuit against her school district that stemmed out of her being racially harassed.

By the way I wasn't propping up Sharpton. He's like a lot of people, he has good and bad qualities.

Since you insisted on bringing up Trump, which I didn't want to do, Sharpton visiting the White House is nothing like David Duke. That said, the first several times Trump was asked about support pledged to him by Duke and various Klan-esque organizations, Trump refused to disavow those endorsements and insisted on saying he didn't know anything about the Klan.

Last edited:
how, precisely do you know, I am not effected by this? You have no idea. Also, it appears that the protests are getting more peaceful precisely because the people who want change are for the most part against violence that distorts the message. if you honestly think Trump is trying to quell the unrest, then you and I are living in very different realities. In mine, the guy who is trying to keep the peace does not tear gas peaceful protesters so he can walk to a church and take a picture holding a bible. I won’t dignify your comment about my morals with an answer.

@SDevada, do I recall correctly... did you say that you are a cop? Or am I imagining things?

As far as the media goes, any republican or any democrat can point to Fox and/or CNN and cry foul against their preferred office holder. Its too bad we dont have a trusted national figure like Walter Cronkite to deliver the news anymore w/o editorializing it.

So the whole "blame the media" mantra really needs to be dropped. Its merely one's own bias perspective how they see the political landscape. Yes the networks are biased, so you're probably best off watching the one which suits your political taste best instead of working yourself into a lather... OFC

As far as the media goes, any republican or any democrat can point to Fox and/or CNN and cry foul against their preferred office holder. Its too bad we dont have a trusted national figure like Walter Cronkite to deliver the news anymore w/o editorializing it.

So the whole "blame the media" mantra really needs to be dropped. Its merely one's own bias perspective how they see the political landscape. Yes the networks are biased, so you're probably best off watching the one which suits your political taste best instead of working yourself into a lather... OFC

I like the post, but I will say... sometimes we benefit by going to the sources that DON'T suit our political taste, to get a feel for the other point of view... and sometimes it is best to try to find ones with the least amount of bias... there is still plenty of "hard news" out there:)

Reactions: SDevada
Congratulations to your son. I hope he excels and continues to make you proud.

I have a hard question for you. Since you stated you feel the Ivy schools, Duke and UNC held his race and political views against him, do you feel MIT favored him because of his race and politics? It's only fair to assume that if the schools who didn't accept him because they favored Black students, the one that did accept him has a form of bias as well.

Last edited:
Had the protests been peaceful, or when they got out of control, the local leaders should have done their jobs like they are elected to do. The President wouldn’t have had to step in. Don’t cry foul when he steps in, after properties are getting destroyed, and people have being injured or killed.
Blaming Trump for taking action is like suing a guy for cracking your rib to keep you from choking.

Reactions: Jperry1987
I like the post, but I will say... sometimes we benefit by going to the sources that DON'T suit our political taste, to get a feel for the other point of view... and sometimes it is best to try to find ones with the least amount of bias... there is still plenty of "hard news" out there:)

Interesting point Dude, but what broadcast networks/print media would you recommend offer plenty of "hard news" minus a political agenda??? I am certainly not trying to be a "smartass," but really respect your views and would like to know......Certainly judging by our leader's standards anyways, there seems to be a dearth of "hard news," and most are labeled "fake news," "second rate," or "low ratings." I am not taking a partisan train here, just looking for information and using direct quotes. Dude thx, OFC

Had the protests been peaceful, or when they got out of control, the local leaders should have done their jobs like they are elected to do. The President wouldn’t have had to step in. Don’t cry foul when he steps in, after properties are getting destroyed, and people have being injured or killed.
Blaming Trump for taking action is like suing a guy for cracking your rib to keep you from choking.

His actions have been totally ineffective and have made things worse, and he has gotten pushback because of that, from people like his own SecDef and the Joint Chiefs of Staff to assorted mayors and governors.

MIT chose him on his STEM scores and A pluses in every class. Do you really think they chose someone because they are white?Don’t think that is happening anywhere. I just think it should all be on merit. Guess I am just old fashioned. I never said anything about his politics other than he is not a progressive. He is not a social justice warrior. He is a math/science student and an athlete.
I believe college admission officers should not even know the name or race of the applicant until the interview. Leave race out of the equation.Won’t happen in my lifetime but when it does then all will be better off.

Remember, you introduced race by saying his race was part of the reason he didn't get accepted to the Ivy schools. I simply brought that point up and it clearly touched a nerve.

The only thing I did was asked if he got an assist in getting into MIT because of his race. Isn't that the same thing you implied about the 7 percent of the kids who make up Yale's Black population?

I agree things should be based on merit. I also believe that identical ACT scores are not the same for a kid who went to an upper-end private school and had access to great teachers and prep course and for a kid who went to a lower-end public school and had neither the great teachers or the prep courses.

what action did he take that has worked out?

what action did he take that has worked out?
That isn’t the issue. I wasn’t the one that brought up him stepping into it. But it’s like everything else that has gone on in his term. No matter what he does, he will be gutted by the other side. The local mayors and even the governors have proven to be cowards. Policemen have been injured during this time, protecting the rights of the protestors. That’s something none of you on the left are even talking about. Yet, as soon as he threatens action, as in National Guard, he’s a bully.

Like him or not, he can’t win. Also true that the talk of the virus has, for the most part, gone away.
Where is the outcry for Mr Dorn?

Interesting point Dude, but what broadcast networks/print media would you recommend offer plenty of "hard news" minus a political agenda??? I am certainly not trying to be a "smartass," but really respect your views and would like to know......Certainly judging by our leader's standards anyways, there seems to be a dearth of "hard news," and most are labeled "fake news," "second rate," or "low ratings." I am not taking a partisan train here, just looking for information and using direct quotes. Dude thx, OFC

Okay, first off, don't take anything Donald says now about the new seriously.

Before he was a political figure, Donald Trump swore by the New York Times, and made a point of reading it every day. He did up until just a year or two ago. The Times skews a little left in tone (as informed intellectuals tend to do, if you look at research), but in terms of accuracy of reporting, and a feel for the news, the history behind it, and it's bigger impact, you could do worse. Anyone who reads the Times every day will come out a much more informed and knowledgable person.

Reuters, the Associated Press, National Public Radio/PBS... the BBC has high standards... these are other great places to get the news.

And I really recommend reading or listening, rather than watching. Many of our "watching" sources have motives that can undermine their news, and they have to deal with markets and drawing eyes every second in a way that other media doesn't.

I am sure that some folks will insist I am wrong, but... *shrug*

There's a whole lot of everything in this thread, some of it good, some of it very bad. Honestly, I don't want to get into a lot of it because it will just result in going back and forth essentially beating my head against the wall.

A couple things I would like to suggest, though, to the individuals who are so hellbent that there is little no systemic racial bias or discrimination in this country:

--Listen when Black people talk about their experiences and not automatically come back with objections and whatabouts.

Think about it like this. No one on this board could tell Coach K what it's like to be a Division I head basketball coach. If you're a white person, why would you think yourself qualified to tell a Black person that their accounts of what it's like to be Black in America is wrong?

--Understand that wanting the playing field even is not the same as wanting a handout, as I've seen at least a couple people mention on here.

Look at the United States like the 100 yard dash, which effectively began a little over 500 years ago. Focus on racial equality and civil rights really kicked in a little over 50 years. How fast does one have to be to catch up and get to the finish line at the same time or in front when the other guy starts at the 90 yard mark? Trying to assist the guy who, through no fault of his own, is starting a 10 second sprint 9 seconds later than his opponent is a hell of a lot more fair than just telling him, "you know where the finish line is, get there."

--Don't get tricked into allowing racial equity to become a political issue. You can still be a conservative and believe that some people in America get treated worse than others based on the color of their skin. Just because you yourself may not outwardly discriminate against someone doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just because your white and don't have an obvious position and opportunity to oppress people of other races doesn't mean there aren't people who have that power and who use that power.

--Again, just listen. Calls for equality are very likely not about you as an individual white person. It is about systems in this country that exist and that make it more difficult for some to succeed than others.

If you see someone crying out in pain, most people are going to ask that person, "what can I do?" Very few will tell that individual, "You're not really hurt, it's all in your mind."

I’m not saying inequality isn’t still an issue; it is, even against some white people, although that is much less than against minorities.

As an independent I get frustrated about two main things:

- white liberals (and some Indy’s) who scream BLM and “I’m sorry” all while virtue signaling. They go nuts when an unfortunate even like this happens and scream from the mountain tops. What happens when a 9 year old gets capped in south Chicago? Zilch. Nada. Nothing. At best maybe a “how sad”. Then they’ll say it’s because blacks are still rampantly oppressed. I call bullshit. It’s that mentality that helps keep inner city blacks down, and it’s sickenly wrong. Asian, Indian, and now quickly Latino races are coming up fast, with Asians and Indians blowing past whites as the most wealthy races. There is no reason why a black kid from the inner city can’t do the same if he/she grinds, gets a degree, and works. Problem is, the single parent (or no parent) numbers for the black race are astoundingly high. That’s the biggest threat, IMO.

- the police being demonized across the board. Do I like cops? Generally no, I’ve beeb arrested and also beat up while handcuffed, as a “white mutt male.” We literally have clowns saying defund the police. Are you freaking kidding me? Those same dorks are the ones calling for the abolishment of the 2nd amendment. Comedic gold.

Racism sucks. I hate it. Floyd was murdered. Garner was murdered. Brown? I dunno, last I saw of him he was attacking a cop half his size. Unless that cop was Bruce Lee, I’m not sure what else he could do. But to tear cities apart, kill black cops, and have suburban “honky’s” get on their knees is crazy. It doesn’t solve anything. Treat people with respect, acknowledge the past mistakes of this country (including the genocide of my native relatives) and let’s pull together.

Reactions: Mac9192
Where is the outcry for Mr Dorn?

What on earth...?

Do you just... like... not pay attention?

He has gotten more attention than any other individual in this entire thing outside of George Floyd and Donald Trump.

David Dorn was killed by murdering criminals.

Who isn't horrified by criminals killing a retired cop trying to protect people?

This is one of the latest bizarre right wing stances... that lefties don't care about this story.

It doesn't get discussed as much because there isn't much debate or difference of opinion; the guy was an innocent man, a man trying to help others, who was murdered by criminals, and basically every single person agrees with that. When everyone agrees with something, it doesn't get talked about as much.

If I start a thread here called "Coach K is one of the greatest coaches ever," how many posts will it get?

But if I start a thread here called "Coach K uses stall ball WAY too much" how many posts will it get?

Good lord.

Okay, first off, don't take anything Donald says now about the new seriously.

Before he was a political figure, Donald Trump swore by the New York Times, and made a point of reading it every day. He did up until just a year or two ago. The Times skews a little left in tone (as informed intellectuals tend to do, if you look at research), but in terms of accuracy of reporting, and a feel for the news, the history behind it, and it's bigger impact, you could do worse. Anyone who reads the Times every day will come out a much more informed and knowledgable person.

Reuters, the Associated Press, National Public Radio/PBS... the BBC has high standards... these are other great places to get the news.

And I really recommend reading or listening, rather than watching. Many of our "watching" sources have motives that can undermine their news, and they have to deal with markets and drawing eyes every second in a way that other media doesn't.

I am sure that some folks will insist I am wrong, but... *shrug*

As an ex radio news reporter I especially appreciate your preference for "listening" to the news.Quite honestly I appreciate your candor and explanation. Btw, I agree w/most of those sources you denoted.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT