ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

I haven't previously seen this video.

There's not one. If they had shot and killed him, it would have been legitimately called for. I'm glad the officers survived.

I see a need for better training in this video. After all, two grown men who are professionally trained to apprehend suspects couldn't apprehend one, regular-sized drunk.

We could probably start to argue if it is good to shoot anyone who resists arrest, or at least anyone who has not been patted down and searched at the time of the resist. What do you think?

At what point in the video does it go from being wrong or murder to legitimately called for, though?

And now tell me how that differs from Jacob Blake resisting arrest, resisting a taser, then reaching into his car against police orders.

At what point in the video does it go from being wrong or murder to legitimately called for, though?

And now tell me how that differs from Jacob Blake resisting arrest, resisting a taser, then reaching into his car against police orders.

You seem to be making the argument, though, that an officer should shoot any time someone resists. Jacob Blake didn't have a gun in his car. If that is your belief, that's fine. We disagree.

Do you think the officers who shot Tamir Rice and Philando Castille should have gone to prison?

You seem to be making the argument, though, that an officer should shoot any time someone resists. Jacob Blake didn't have a gun in his car. If that is your belief, that's fine. We disagree.

Do you think the officers who shot Tamir Rice and Philando Castille should have gone to prison?
No he is not making that argument. He is making the case for why the officer in the Jacob Blake shooting felt threatened enough to shoot. And how was the officer to know that Blake didn't have a gun? You have the benefit of replay to make your decisions on how to view things. The officer did not. Is he supposed to wait until Blake grabbed a gun? Pointed the gun? Pulled the trigger? When do you consider it logical to feel that your life is in danger in that situation?

Tamir Rice was a tragic situation. He pointed a pallet gun at a cop in a time where cops were being targeted. It's easy to say that he didn't deserve to die, because he didn't. But again, the cop was responding to a threat of being shot without having the benefit of replay. No, the cop shouldn't be in prison.

The Castille case is closer to you having a point. The officer was clearly not fit to be a cop. He was terribly nervous and had an unreasonable amount of fear. I do think he should have served some time. But I don't know about the amount of time. That was another terrible situation.

No he is not making that argument. He is making the case for why the officer in the Jacob Blake shooting felt threatened enough to shoot. And how was the officer to know that Blake didn't have a gun? You have the benefit of replay to make your decisions on how to view things. The officer did not. Is he supposed to wait until Blake grabbed a gun? Pointed the gun? Pulled the trigger? When do you consider it logical to feel that your life is in danger in that situation?

Tamir Rice was a tragic situation. He pointed a pallet gun at a cop in a time where cops were being targeted. It's easy to say that he didn't deserve to die, because he didn't. But again, the cop was responding to a threat of being shot without having the benefit of replay. No, the cop shouldn't be in prison.

The Castille case is closer to you having a point. The officer was clearly not fit to be a cop. He was terribly nervous and had an unreasonable amount of fear. I do think he should have served some time. But I don't know about the amount of time. That was another terrible situation.

Please watch the Rice video. The officer pulled up, got out and shot. It's been a while since I've seen, as I don't want to watch it again, but I believe there was six seconds between there were six seconds between the car appearing in the video and the officer opening fire.

As for the Blake shooting, you and the other guy (apparently) is arguing he should have been treated like he had a gun when he didn't. I'm asking why not just assume everyone is a threat and armed, especially everyone who resists arrest.

The criminal in the video had a weapon, resisted arrest, resisted being tased, and reached into his car against police orders.

Jacob Blake had a weapon, resisted arrest, resisted being tased, and reached into his car against police orders.

You call shooting the guy on video completely justified. At what point does it become justified? Tell me what time stamp on the video, please.

Reactions: SNU0821
Please watch the Rice video. The officer pulled up, got out and shot. It's been a while since I've seen, as I don't want to watch it again, but I believe there was six seconds between there were six seconds between the car appearing in the video and the officer opening fire.

As for the Blake shooting, you and the other guy (apparently) is arguing he should have been treated like he had a gun when he didn't. I'm asking why not just assume everyone is a threat and armed, especially everyone who resists arrest.

So then just answer my question. You said shooting would’ve been justified in the video. At what point does that become justified though? Not until the criminal points his weapon or what? Make yourself clear. Provide a time stamp.

So then just answer my question. You said shooting would’ve been justified in the video. At what point does that become justified though? Not until the criminal points his weapon or what? Make yourself clear. Provide a time stamp.

Apparently after it was known he had a weapon. Do you feel police should treat all those who resists arrest as if they are armed with a gun?

Apparently after it was known he had a weapon. Do you feel police should treat all those who resists arrest as if they are armed with a gun?

They didn’t know he had one until he aimed it at them. You saw the result.

They have families to go home to. They shouldn’t have to wait until a gun is pointed at them to protect their lives. And if you truly believe that, we’ll never come close to agreeing.

Reactions: GhostOf301
They didn’t know he had one until he aimed it at them. You saw the result.

They have families to go home to. They shouldn’t have to wait until a gun is pointed at them to protect their lives. And if you truly believe that, we’ll never come close to agreeing.

So why not pull up to every traffic stop with guns drawn? You know, just in case.

Also, the two officers were unable to apprehend a dude who could barely stand and couldn't walk. Let me reiterate, I am thankful they didn't lose their lives, but perhaps that should serve as a wake-up call that they're in the wrong profession.

Some people just can't see why cops feel threatened even if they don't see a gun. Cops were struggling with this guy for 10 minutes and didn't know he had a gun until it was too late. But, yeah. They don't have a right to self defense unless the suspect is physically pointing a gun at them

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor

I feel like when a criminal resists arrest, a cop should be able to use a taser to apprehend the criminal. If the criminal also resists the taser and reaches into the vehicle for something..... well play stupid games win stupid prizes.

So why not pull up to every traffic stop with guns drawn? You know, just in case.

Also, the two officers were unable to apprehend a dude who could barely stand and couldn't walk. Let me reiterate, I am thankful they didn't lose their lives, but perhaps that should serve as a wake-up call that they're in the wrong profession.

Because there’s a difference in a law abiding citizen sitting in their car and a criminal resisting arrest, resisting a taser, and reaching back into a vehicle for something. That should go without saying. Are you trolling at this point?

Some people just can't see why cops feel threatened even if they don't see a gun. Cops were struggling with this guy for 10 minutes and didn't know he had a gun until it was too late. But, yeah. They don't have a right to self defense unless the suspect is physically pointing a gun at them

The dude deserves the death penalty. I'm sorry for the loss of the officers. Do you think the situation would have ended differently if the piece of shit in the car had been Black?

Because there’s a difference in a law abiding citizen sitting in their car and a criminal resisting arrest, resisting a taser, and reaching back into a vehicle for something. That should go without saying. Are you trolling at this point?

I'm not trolling. If you have been rightfully stopped, you have broken a law. By definition, you're no longer a law-abiding citizen, correct?

I'm not trolling. If you have been rightfully stopped, you have broken a law. By definition, you're no longer a law-abiding citizen, correct?

Well not always.

But regardless, being over for speeding but complying with the officer is different than a criminal resisting arrest, resisting a taser, and reaching back into the car for something against police orders.

Im surprised this has to be explained.

Before I start, this piece of shit needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Just like the people in L.A. who ambushed the officers. No questions, these are atrocities.

I watched the initial 8 minutes of this again (I don't want to see the shooting part again). We're all going to see different things because we have different eyes and different life experiences.

That said, I've personally seen law enforcement officers more jumpy during a stop for expired tags when the tags had already been updated but were not on display than these two officers were during their ongoing conversation with David Ware. They clearly were not scared of him. Blacks are not policed the same way.

I think it's beyond appropriate to treat everyone who resists arrest as a threat to the officer's life.

Thank you for that response. That's fair because that's your opinion. I don't agree with it, but I can appreciate your opinion.

The dude deserves the death penalty. I'm sorry for the loss of the officers. Do you think the situation would have ended differently if the piece of shit in the car had been Black?
I will let you make that hypothetical conclusion. It is not relevant to the point. Your point is that cops shouldn't fear for their lives over the possibility of a violent and hostile subject unless they actually see a gun. Our point is that there are many similar cases where the officers did not see a gun and were shot. The basic rule for self defense is that you must have a reasonable fear of bodily harm. And if you don't think the officer who shot Blake didn't have a reasonable fear, than you are completely ignoring the many cases that were similar to that, that ended poorly for the cops. That, or you just don't think that basic self defense rights apply to police.

As hail has said many times to no avail, once a violent suspect has fought, been tased and continues to disobey basic orders while reaching into his vehicle, at that point the cop has a tough decision to make. And nobody but Blake is to blame for that. Literally the only thing I disagree with the cop in this situation is him shooting 7 times. But he was in a high anxiety situation, not me.

The shooter in my video was black.....

Yes and your video showed him out of the car doing a FST. In the middle, he broke out, they fought and he ran to his car for the gun. Your video didn't show 10 minutes of pleading with him to get out of the car, the use of a taser and the use of mace. That was sort of my point.

Thank you for that response. That's fair because that's your opinion. I don't agree with it, but I can appreciate your opinion.
So, someone who resists arrest is not a threat? How can any reasonable person come to that conclusion. Maybe expand on that a little more for us.

Yes and your video showed him out of the car doing a FST. In the middle, he broke out, they fought and he ran to his car for the gun. Your video didn't show 10 minutes of pleading with him to get out of the car, the use of a taser and the use of mace. That was sort of my point.

My video doesn’t show the use of a taser?

You could’ve just saved us all time and told us you didn’t watch it.

My video doesn’t show the use of a taser?

You could’ve just saved us all time and told us you didn’t watch it.

Sorry, I thought that came across from the part where I referenced him fighting the officers. I did expand more on the Ware video because I wanted to clearly illustrate how all the attempts at de-escalation the officers took.

So, someone who resists arrest is not a threat? How can any reasonable person come to that conclusion. Maybe expand on that a little more for us.

They can be seen as a threat without the assumption that they have a gun, making them a lethal threat. Basically, I am saying I don't believe an officer should fire on everyone who resists arrest just off the assumption that they have a gun.

Sorry, I thought that came across from the part where I referenced him fighting the officers. I did expand more on the Ware video because I wanted to clearly illustrate how all the attempts at de-escalation the officers took.

The cops tried to use handcuffs first, no luck.

Then they tried their tasers, no luck.

Then they tried brute force, no luck.

Then they got shot and nearly killed.

You didn’t bring up race because it doesn’t fit your agenda with my video.

Reactions: GhostOf301
They can be seen as a threat without the assumption that they have a gun, making them a lethal threat. Basically, I am saying I don't believe an officer should fire on everyone who resists arrest just off the assumption that they have a gun.
Nobody here is arguing that they should. That is ridiculous.

No one said that. Stop trolling. Jacob Blake did more than just “resist arrest” and he was already a known criminal.

No one said that. Stop trolling. Jacob Blake did more than just “resist arrest” and he was already a known criminal.
Yup. He was a known felon with an outstanding warrant. He resisted arrest and fought with police with a knife in his hand. Doesn't matter what he was reaching for in his car, he 100% was a threat at that point. He got shot because of his own actions.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I believe you might think differently if you were a cop, and wondered if you were going to be able to come home to your family each night.

I believe you might think differently if you were a cop, and wondered if you were going to be able to come home to your family each night.

I believe all our perspectives would be different if we lived different lives. The problem is that not enough people want to listen to other people. I'm listening and I can only imagine the pressure that officers must be under. They have damn tough jobs.

I'm just not sure why some white people have such a hard time believing that race often times plays a factor in how people are treated by law enforcement.

Reactions: TheDude1
I believe all our perspectives would be different if we lived different lives. The problem is that not enough people want to listen to other people. I'm listening and I can only imagine the pressure that officers must be under. They have damn tough jobs.

I'm just not sure why some white people have such a hard time believing that race often times plays a factor in how people are treated by law enforcement.
This whole conversation has been about cops reasonably fearing for their lives in a specific situation. Why do you keep reverting back to race?

If race is the determining factor why are more white people shot by police than black people

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT