ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

Wait. What? Lol. Those aren't Republicans in Portland causing all the destruction and continuous protests/riots. And cool. You found one example. I can go out and grab hundreds of examples from just the last couple of months from liberals and Democrats actively attacking officers and the rule of law.

Poor lib. You may not survive the next four years if/when Trump gets re-elected. LOL!
And I can find hundreds of examples of cops attacking citizens without cause. Not just Breonna Taylor. You wanna keep going? He isn't gonna get re elected. He IS going to try to steal the election however. He's a scumbag.

Reactions: hart2chesson
So you're argument is what? She was involved in drugs and she deserved it?
No. Not at all. I think it was a tragic accident. She didn't deserve to die, but she wasn't targeted or murdered as you suggest. My argument is that the police conducted a legal warrant and while doing so were fired upon and returned fire. I am not even faulting the boyfriend for shooting, he was likely confused and in a tired state.

11 witnesses is in the third paragraph under the Shooting section was reported by the New York Times https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Breonna_Taylor
those are not witnesses, bro.

"while approximately eleven other neighbors, whose locations were unknown, heard no announcement"

They're just neighbors. But let's go back to relevancy. They had a no knock warrant. The person who said they heard them announce themselves as police didn't know this when he made his statement. He just told the investigators what he heard. Another neighbor said she was woken up to the sounds of gunfire. Which means that she didn't hear them announce themselves or ram the door open. Doesn't mean that they didn't, just means that she didn't hear.

But, it was a no knock warrant, regardless. So....

I will throw you a bone on the postal inspector. But only a small one. How are they supposed to determine what a "package of interest" is? And it isn't very relevant seeing how they have pictures and videos of packages being dropped at her apartment that were being picked up by the ex on 6 different occasions from January and February. Again, quit ignoring relevant facts.

Facts do matter to me. Clearly more than they do to you. And even if she was involved at some point in drugs (seems she was) that still does not mean you can murder someone (it was a murder, no two ways about it) and get away with it.

It was murder, and attempted murder. They should be charged. Sorry you don't believe justice should be blind.
There are zero reasonable people who think that this is murder. And one more time... It only takes 12 out of 36 people to say they saw enough evidence to warrant charges. I don't know if there were 11 or 0. I know there were not 12. Those 36 people saw all of the evidence that neither you or I have seen and didn't get an indictment of murder, assault, homicide, gross misconduct, abuse of power. None of that. But we need to ignore those people's determination and believe completely rational people like you.

Reactions: SNU0821
And I can find hundreds of examples of cops attacking citizens without cause. Not just Breonna Taylor. You wanna keep going? He isn't gonna get re elected. He IS going to try to steal the election however. He's a scumbag.
Wrong. You can find examples of cops protecting cities and the rule of law against scumbags.

And Trump is looking like he's going to get re-elected. It's going to be glorious if/when he does. Every day people don't like what the Democrats have created in BLM. They don't like having a mob of people shut/shout down people at restaurants or rioting or destroying cities willfully ignoring actual facts as it relates to the law. They don't like the constant rage continuously coming ONLY from the left. It will help Trump.

No. Not at all. I think it was a tragic accident. She didn't deserve to die, but she wasn't targeted or murdered as you suggest. My argument is that the police conducted a legal warrant and while doing so were fired upon and returned fire. I am not even faulting the boyfriend for shooting, he was likely confused and in a tired state.

those are not witnesses, bro.

"while approximately eleven other neighbors, whose locations were unknown, heard no announcement"

They're just neighbors. But let's go back to relevancy. They had a no knock warrant. The person who said they heard them announce themselves as police didn't know this when he made his statement. He just told the investigators what he heard. Another neighbor said she was woken up to the sounds of gunfire. Which means that she didn't hear them announce themselves or ram the door open. Doesn't mean that they didn't, just means that she didn't hear.

But, it was a no knock warrant, regardless. So....

I will throw you a bone on the postal inspector. But only a small one. How are they supposed to determine what a "package of interest" is? And it isn't very relevant seeing how they have pictures and videos of packages being dropped at her apartment that were being picked up by the ex on 6 different occasions from January and February. Again, quit ignoring relevant facts.

There are zero reasonable people who think that this is murder. And one more time... It only takes 12 out of 36 people to say they saw enough evidence to warrant charges. I don't know if there were 11 or 0. I know there were not 12. Those 36 people saw all of the evidence that neither you or I have seen and didn't get an indictment of murder, assault, homicide, gross misconduct, abuse of power. None of that. But we need to ignore those people's determination and believe completely rational people like you.
He 100% still believes the "hands up don't shoot" false narrative from Mike Brown.

Reactions: GhostOf301
I am patiently waiting for thedude to post a NYT article showing where the BLM riots are the most expensive man caused disaster in American history.

Assume the left will claim the witness who testified at the Grand Jury p

11 witnesses is in the third paragraph under the Shooting section was reported by the New York Times https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Breonna_Taylor

Facts do matter to me. Clearly more than they do to you. And even if she was involved at some point in drugs (seems she was) that still does not mean you can murder someone (it was a murder, no two ways about it) and get away with it.

It was murder, and attempted murder. They should be charged. Sorry you don't believe justice should be blind.
So if you are shot at and return fire that is murder

See, I have a hard time with calling it murder.

When you have cops executing a warrant, and shots start flying, they are going to shoot back. You can't expect them NOT to.

Now, should they ID their targets before firing? Yes. Obviously. Should the response be "appropriate?" Sure.

But man, calling this murder... I have a hard time with that. Should people be held responsible for mistakes? Yes, especially ones that led to the situation. But for the shooting itself... man, I have a hard time putting murder charges out there.

Oh, and most of the trolls in this thread aren't Duke fans; they literally just came to this forum to troll. FYI.

The crazy part of Breonna Taylor's situation, to me, is that people refuse to accept the outcome irrespective of facts. I'm happy to say that the warrant should have not taken place in the middle of the night/evening. That likely put the situation into another level of risk because of it. They could have waited until the morning or something. Who knows, but I'm happy to try and work through things that would have made this situation NOT happen.

What I'm NOT seeing is the other side willing to concede, even an inch. They have their minds made up that the cops were 100% in the wrong and there isn't any alternative that would have made them happy including having the officers charged with murder. As we saw with George Floyd, those officers were immediately charged, and there was still rioting/destruction/looting/protests.

Really doesn't seem as though this is really about black lives....

The crazy part of Breonna Taylor's situation, to me, is that people refuse to accept the outcome irrespective of facts. I'm happy to say that the warrant should have not taken place in the middle of the night/evening. That likely put the situation into another level of risk because of it. They could have waited until the morning or something. Who knows, but I'm happy to try and work through things that would have made this situation NOT happen.

What I'm NOT seeing is the other side willing to concede, even an inch. They have their minds made up that the cops were 100% in the wrong and there isn't any alternative that would have made them happy including having the officers charged with murder. As we saw with George Floyd, those officers were immediately charged, and there was still rioting/destruction/looting/protests.

Really doesn't seem as though this is really about black lives....

I’m on the other-side and I don’t think I disagree with you. This was a terrible situation but I don’t see any other outcome that could have been reached. Regardless of a persons opinion on this outcome there’s no excuse to riot, be violent, or destroy property. Those people who participate in that should be held accountable. I think it would also help if militia groups would stay away to try to lower the temperature of the situation.

I do think it would help if the judge orders the release of all the information pertaining to the case.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I’m on the other-side and I don’t think I disagree with you. This was a terrible situation but I don’t see any other outcome that could have been reached. Regardless of a persons opinion on this outcome there’s no excuse to riot, be violent, or destroy property. Those people who participate in that should be held accountable. I think it would also help if militia groups would stay away to try to lower the temperature of the situation.

I do think it would help if the judge orders the release of all the information pertaining to the case.
I would fully expect the judge to release things in time, given the very national interest in the case.

But what do you do when people don't care about the facts of the case. Their minds are made up. Add on top of that you have heavy influencers like Lebron James and Colin Kaepernick who just add fuel to the fire and also don't care about facts or the rule of law. People like those two are absolutely irresponsible for spreading misinformation and firing people up even after the decision of the grand jury.

EDIT: I would fully be on board if the grand jury found the officers acted maliciously which resulted in a murder charge. If that's what the facts of the case would show, then I would be fine with that. Why can't others do the same when things don't go their way?

Last edited:

Pretty sure it is illegal to release Grand Jury information

See, I have a hard time with calling it murder.

When you have cops executing a warrant, and shots start flying, they are going to shoot back. You can't expect them NOT to.

Now, should they ID their targets before firing? Yes. Obviously. Should the response be "appropriate?" Sure.

But man, calling this murder... I have a hard time with that. Should people be held responsible for mistakes? Yes, especially ones that led to the situation. But for the shooting itself... man, I have a hard time putting murder charges out there.

Oh, and most of the trolls in this thread aren't Duke fans; they literally just came to this forum to troll. FYI.
Okay, then let's call it negligent homicide. One was indicted for Wanton endangerment, for shooting through a blinded window to another apartment, so what about the one(or two) who put 5 shots into Breonna? They clearly weren't looking too closely at who they were shooting, because she never had a weapon at all.

And for me personally, it goes deeper than just her or George Floyd, I've seen a black man, turned around, facing his car with his hands up get kicked in the back of the leg then assaulted by police, Jacob Blake of course, and another black man in California getting shot in the back after running from police when he was pulled over for traffic violations on his bike. He shouldn't have ran, at least from I've seen he didn't have an apparent reason for it but, you can't justify just lighting him up because of that.

I dunno, I'm just tired of it. I grew up seeing racism here in NC but from what I could tell, it was mostly just small towns, never did I think it spread to cities, much less nationwide. I'm just tired of hate and intolerance and those who are supposed to serve us, being corrupt and getting away with crimes simply because of their title (Case in point, our current Commander in Chief).

I figured they were. They're still "Recruits", I just wanted to see if they would even try to justify it.

I think it takes a panel of judges to release testimonies from witnesses and identification of jurors of the grand jury. The judge can release evidence such as transcripts, video evidence not obtained through private sources and other physical evidence without appeals. I won't swear by this, but that is my understanding.

People like him get brave sitting behind a key board at home
People like you bravely defending poor, innocent police man. How selfless. Your sacrifice, putting yourself on the internet to be corrected and mocked by anyone with a moderately functioning brain. How can one so lowly as myself aspire to your greatness dear Sir?

Okay, then let's call it negligent homicide. One was indicted for Wanton endangerment, for shooting through a blinded window to another apartment, so what about the one(or two) who put 5 shots into Breonna? They clearly weren't looking too closely at who they were shooting, because she never had a weapon at all.

And for me personally, it goes deeper than just her or George Floyd, I've seen a black man, turned around, facing his car with his hands up get kicked in the back of the leg then assaulted by police, Jacob Blake of course, and another black man in California getting shot in the back after running from police when he was pulled over for traffic violations on his bike. He shouldn't have ran, at least from I've seen he didn't have an apparent reason for it but, you can't justify just lighting him up because of that.

I dunno, I'm just tired of it. I grew up seeing racism here in NC but from what I could tell, it was mostly just small towns, never did I think it spread to cities, much less nationwide. I'm just tired of hate and intolerance and those who are supposed to serve us, being corrupt and getting away with crimes simply because of their title (Case in point, our current Commander in Chief).

I figured they were. They're still "Recruits", I just wanted to see if they would even try to justify it.
Real easy to say what the officers were and weren't doing while they were being shot at AND actually being shot. They were shooting in the general direction of where the boyfriend was who was shooting at them.

Jacob Blake was a felon who resisted arrest, the officers used a taser and he still didn't comply which resulted in him going for a knife. He alone is responsible for his own actions and the consequences of those actions. Jacob Blake got what he deserved.

And what about George Floyd? Obviously the cop shouldn't have kept his knee of his neck for so long, BUT George Floyd had enough fentanyl in his system to kill a horse. There are reports out that the amount of fentanyl caused his lungs to swell which is why before he was even on the ground he was telling officers he had a hard time breathing. This looks far from the situation some like to portray that the officer is the one who caused the death of George Floyd when in reality, the officer likely contributed to it somewhat, but not nearly as bad as we originally thought. And then again, people like you don't care about facts. It's all about feelings.

Same with Rayshad Brooks in Atlanta. You can't fight police, take a weapon from them, point it at them and NOT expect them to return fire.

There is zero evidence of systemic racism in the police departments. NONE. Only anecdotal one off scenarios that don't always follow the facts of the case.

People like you bravely defending poor, innocent police man. How selfless. Your sacrifice, putting yourself on the internet to be corrected and mocked by anyone with a moderately functioning brain. How can one so lowly as myself aspire to your greatness dear Sir?
This is rich coming from you. You're the one who hasn't gotten a thing right yet about the Breonna Taylor case.

Last edited:
Reactions: topps coach

Err. You cannot pin those cases on racism. The man in California was concealing a gun in his hand under a shirt. He pointed the gun towards the cops and they shot him. The officers were Latino, but I guess that doesn't mean racism doesn't apply. I do question whether they had to unload their clips, but they didn't just shoot him for no reason.

A woman called police claiming that she was sexually assaulted by Jacob Blake. When they got there, he fought them, putting one of them in a headlock. They attempted to tase him, but it had no affect. He continued to resist while holding a knife and as he walked to his car, he reached in as if he was grabbing something. This is one of the most dangerous situations for cops. I personally believe that the officer didn't need to shoot him 7 times in the back, but I don't think he was shot for no reason. And as far as racism in cities? Dear lord, man. That is where it is more rampant.

I think the biggest roadblock in resolving racism is people inserting racism in cases where it doesn't exist. It is a terrible narrative that gets perpetuated by the left and the MSM. Racism should be called out and dealt with as it appears. But just because a cop happens to be white and a civilian happens to be black does not mean that race plays a role. Yesterday in Atlanta, a black man was shot by a black officer. He was combative, had a gun and refused to follow orders. But it won't get the attention from the MSM because they can't use race to incite anger and outrage.

I haven’t seen any trolling. Unless a different opinion triggers you, it’s been relatively good discussion.

Sure, good discussion of who is a pedophile TOTALLY isn't trolling;)

But hey, maybe I've missed great stuff that ISN'T just intended to start fights, but is really just people coming to this Duke forum to exchange ideas... I do have several people on ignore.

Sure, good discussion of who is a pedophile TOTALLY isn't trolling;)

But hey, maybe I've missed great stuff that ISN'T just intended to start fights, but is really just people coming to this Duke forum to exchange ideas... I do have several people on ignore.
I mean it’s no worse than people sprouting out nonsense about Trump or the police. If anyone is trolling it’s that husky guy

Err. You cannot pin those cases on racism. The man in California was concealing a gun in his hand under a shirt. He pointed the gun towards the cops and they shot him. The officers were Latino, but I guess that doesn't mean racism doesn't apply. I do question whether they had to unload their clips, but they didn't just shoot him for no reason.

A woman called police claiming that she was sexually assaulted by Jacob Blake. When they got there, he fought them, putting one of them in a headlock. They attempted to tase him, but it had no affect. He continued to resist while holding a knife and as he walked to his car, he reached in as if he was grabbing something. This is one of the most dangerous situations for cops. I personally believe that the officer didn't need to shoot him 7 times in the back, but I don't think he was shot for no reason. And as far as racism in cities? Dear lord, man. That is where it is more rampant.

I think the biggest roadblock in resolving racism is people inserting racism in cases where it doesn't exist. It is a terrible narrative that gets perpetuated by the left and the MSM. Racism should be called out and dealt with as it appears. But just because a cop happens to be white and a civilian happens to be black does not mean that race plays a role. Yesterday in Atlanta, a black man was shot by a black officer. He was combative, had a gun and refused to follow orders. But it won't get the attention from the MSM because they can't use race to incite anger and outrage.

Unless something new has come out, you're combining incidents with Jacob Blake. The sexual assault piece was from a warrant that dealt with his ex-girlfriend from a couple months prior to the shooting. Based on the warrants stemming from that complaint and the wording that makes up third-degree sexual assault in Wisconsin, it could very well be that he gave her an STD, they argued over it, she threw him out and he refused to leave. That's clear speculation but the fact that third degree up there can be giving somebody the clap combined with it being his girlfriend at the time makes me think it's a real possibility. Also, Blake didn't have the knife at the time he was shot. The knife was supposedly in the car. I say supposedly because the last thing I read there was confusion as to whether it was even there.

I agree with you. Not to say there's not racism out in the sticks but I laughed when dude said he was amazed to find out there is racism in metro areas.

The reason the Atlanta shooting is not going to get a lot of attention is because of the part you highlighted. Dude had a gun and was combative. It has nothing to do with the officer being Black. As has been pointed out, discriminatory policing practices can be carried out by Black officers, Hispanic offers, whoever.

Jacob Blake? The criminal who was in possession of a weapon, resisted arrest, resisted a taser, and was reaching into his car against police orders?

Man you libs sure put your eggs in some rotten baskets.

Unless something new has come out, you're combining incidents with Jacob Blake. The sexual assault piece was from a warrant that dealt with his ex-girlfriend from a couple months prior to the shooting. Based on the warrants stemming from that complaint and the wording that makes up third-degree sexual assault in Wisconsin, it could very well be that he gave her an STD, they argued over it, she threw him out and he refused to leave. That's clear speculation but the fact that third degree up there can be giving somebody the clap combined with it being his girlfriend at the time makes me think it's a real possibility. Also, Blake didn't have the knife at the time he was shot. The knife was supposedly in the car. I say supposedly because the last thing I read there was confusion as to whether it was even there.

I agree with you. Not to say there's not racism out in the sticks but I laughed when dude said he was amazed to find out there is racism in metro areas.

The reason the Atlanta shooting is not going to get a lot of attention is because of the part you highlighted. Dude had a gun and was combative. It has nothing to do with the officer being Black. As has been pointed out, discriminatory policing practices can be carried out by Black officers, Hispanic offers, whoever.
You are correct. The woman called the cops because he was there against her will and wasn't supposed to be there. The assault happened previously. However, he did have a knife.

Jacob-Blake-Knife-In-Hand.jpg

The officer said the reason why he didn't attempt to physically take him down was because of the fact that he had a knife. I don't think it was worth the officer's life to wait and see what he was attempting to grab from his car given the interaction to that point.

You are correct. The woman called the cops because he was there against her will and wasn't supposed to be there. The assault happened previously. However, he did have a knife.

Jacob-Blake-Knife-In-Hand.jpg

The officer said the reason why he didn't attempt to physically take him down was because of the fact that he had a knife. I don't think it was worth the officer's life to wait and see what he was attempting to grab from his car given the interaction to that point.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but is that a knife? That is a genuine question based on the picture not a deflection or trying to argue.

Also, this case is one of the hardest to sell the fear part on because the officer walked behind him and grabbed hold of him by his shirt. It's hard to believe the officer was in fear if he got that close to him and put him and put hands on him. Regardless, firing seven shots into the man's back is unwarranted and the officers involved need to serve jail time.

Finally, perhaps he was going to the car to calm his kids. Is that a possibility?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but is that a knife? That is a genuine question based on the picture not a deflection or trying to argue.

Also, this case is one of the hardest to sell the fear part on because the officer walked behind him and grabbed hold of him by his shirt. It's hard to believe the officer was in fear if he got that close to him and put him and put hands on him. Regardless, firing seven shots into the man's back is unwarranted and the officers involved need to serve jail time.

Finally, perhaps he was going to the car to calm his kids. Is that a possibility?
It is in the police report that he was holding a knife. I don't disagree that the cop shouldn't have shot 7 times, I've stated as much. But, once, twice, whatever. Letting a hostile suspect that has already fought the officers get something out of their vehicle is literally one of the most dangerous situations for the police. So I disagree with your assessment that this doesn't warrant fear on the officer's end. And I don't mean any disrespect, but the comforting his kids thought. No.

When you are a criminal, have a weapon, resist arrest, resist being tazed, and then continue to reach into a car against police orders..... you lose the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps he trying to calm his kids.
Perhaps he remembered he forgot to clean up spilled coffee.
Perhaps he had the cure for cancer in his center console.
Perhaps he was reaching for a weapon.

The cop shouldn’t need to risk his life to find out after trying the other things.

When do you think the cops should have been able to protect their lives with their firearm in this video? Exact video time stamp please.

General Selva was in Trumps situation room for years, was the second highest ranking officer in our military, and he saw it. He knows Trump is a danger.

General Selva was in Trumps situation room for years, was the second highest ranking officer in our military, and he saw it. He knows Trump is a danger.

This is it. THIS is the one. This is the tipping point that is going to make Trump supporters and people who despise the Democrats and their platform actually vote for Biden.

I know it. THIS IS IT!

When do you think the cops should have been able to protect their lives with their firearm in this video? Exact video time stamp please.

I haven't previously seen this video.

There's not one. If they had shot and killed him, it would have been legitimately called for. I'm glad the officers survived.

I see a need for better training in this video. After all, two grown men who are professionally trained to apprehend suspects couldn't apprehend one, regular-sized drunk.

We could probably start to argue if it is good to shoot anyone who resists arrest, or at least anyone who has not been patted down and searched at the time of the resist. What do you think?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT