ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

Hey, that's an improvement from Walmart. But yeah, you guys really need to give up your obsession with labeling people who don't fall in line with your warped views as cult members. If anything, it is the establishment loving jackwagons who cling to their party's political leaders who are the actual cult members. That's both republicans and democrats. Let's get back to establishment politics where we rob our citizens blind and engage in endless wars. Hell yeah!

@GhostOf301 and Wife got thrown out of the local Walmart today on the way to the cult meeting. Bless their hearts.

Last edited:
Interesting case study these past 4 years will end up being. 2020 in particular. I don't care if I am winning or losing. I still want to see how we look back on this era. I think it will be looked back on as a result of non discipline parenting and the participation trophy generation. Somehow they trained a large portion of an entire generation to think with feelings instead of instinct and common sense. They told them they should demand that the government hand them everything as opposed to teaching them to earn everything. They actively convince minorities that they are oppressed and that they can't make it in this country because of systemic racism. They push collusion conspiracy theories in regards to Trump, but not in regards to the politicians who have been financially benefiting from Russia for decades. And yet, Trump supporters are cult members.

Reactions: SNU0821
Interesting case study these past 4 years will end up being. 2020 in particular. I don't care if I am winning or losing. I still want to see how we look back on this era. I think it will be looked back on as a result of non discipline parenting and the participation trophy generation. Somehow they trained a large portion of an entire generation to think with feelings instead of instinct and common sense. They told them they should demand that the government hand them everything as opposed to teaching them to earn everything. They actively convince minorities that they are oppressed and that they can't make it in this country because of systemic racism. They push collusion conspiracy theories in regards to Trump, but not in regards to the politicians who have been financially benefiting from Russia for decades. And yet, Trump supporters are cult members.
Whataboutism is a helluva drug. Look in the mirror and evaluate your own beliefs.

Whataboutism is a helluva drug. Look in the mirror and evaluate your own beliefs.
All I did was give my opinion. I even left open the possibility of me being on the losing side of the case study. Hard to imagine that my opinion would be based on my beliefs, huh? I think you need to learn the proper use of 'whataboutism' because that may be the worst use of the term that I have ever seen. You clowns never have an original thought or opinion. It is nothing but regurgitated potshots and elementary level deflections.

Reactions: SNU0821
All I did was give my opinion. I even left open the possibility of me being on the losing side of the case study. Hard to imagine that my opinion would be based on my beliefs, huh? I think you need to learn the proper use of 'whataboutism' because that may be the worst use of the term that I have ever seen. You clowns never have an original thought or opinion. It is nothing but regurgitated potshots and elementary level deflections.

You are on the losing side.

FYI, Aldi may be a good option since you got banned from Walmart.

Haven’t seen a new movie since The Joker. But I have been watching older movies recently. Captain Ron most recently. Love stupid comedy. Mary Kay Place had a very underrated body.

Joker is a great. Joaquin Phoenix's performance is magnificent in that film. Deserved all the praise he received for it. Captain Ron is a fun 90's flick. Kurt Russell and Martin Short had terrific comedic chemistry in that. Wish they would make something else together.

If you aren’t keeping up, the Attorney General of the United States said some absolutely batshit stuff recently, about how FBI agents are his agents, that state mandated COVID restrictions are the biggest attack on freedom in American history outside of slavery, that non-AG justice department members shouldnt be making big decisions, and complaining that people are far too into accusing political opponents of committing a crime... there was a BUNCH more, and it was nuts, ****ing nuts.

This, on the heels of Barr saying we should charge protestors with sedition and after apparently recommending criminal charges against a US mayor for her handling of a crisis.

We are genuinely on our way to being a banana republic. Jesus.

And if any Republican supports this... well then they most assuredly are not a Republican. Like... not even close.

Last edited:
We also saw Bill and Ted: Face the Music! Loved getting to see those characters together once again. Btw, my favorite thing about Tenet was Robert Pattinson. Couldn't get enough of his character. What did you think of the Dune trailer? The full trailer hit online recently and I cannot wait to see it. Loved that book as a kid.

I did see the trailer for Dune when I went to see Tenet. It looks like it's going to be a very enjoyable movie. I haven't seen Bill & Ted yet. It's not in the theaters here. They may bring it in later. That happens a lot here with smaller films.

We got a deluge of rain yesterday and it knocked out the cable and internet around noon. It was still out when I went to bed, but was back this morning. Thank goodness!

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I did see the trailer for Dune when I went to see Tenet. It looks like it's going to be a very enjoyable movie. I haven't seen Bill & Ted yet. It's not in the theaters here. They may bring it in later. That happens a lot here with smaller films.

We got a deluge of rain yesterday and it knocked out the cable and internet around noon. It was still out when I went to bed, but was back this morning. Thank goodness!

If you get the chance to see Bill & Ted in theaters, see it. We all need some Bill & Ted in our lives right now. I really want to see Tenet again. With Dune I have been waiting for years to see a faithful adaption of the classic novel. My first impressions are we may just get that with this one. Fingers crossed 🤞

Yeah, it has been pounding the house all night and day here. Hopefully the power stays on. Glad to hear yours is back on!

You missed out. The highlight- thedude1 is a pedi.
abe-simpson-gif.gif

So, Jim Cummings is a filmmaker that I thoroughly enjoyed his first feature, Thunder Road, it's on Amazon Prime if any of you have it I would recommend checking it out. His sophomore outing is a complete 180 from Thunder Road and looks like a great time:

It's very bizarre how just about everyone of note condemns rioting, but still some people pretend that Democrats support it or endorse it.

YUZP7py.jpg
I Damn right! I don’t take offense at all. The dudes hilarious!❤ 😂

It's very bizarre how just about everyone of note condemns rioting, but still some people pretend that Democrats support it or endorse it.

Yeah, I don't support riots or violence of any kind at all. But good luck getting anyone from the Trump camp to understand that. I don't know why I engage Trump supporters with a calm demeaner. It doesn't matter if I am nice or an asshole they all react the same way. "How dare you tell me the truth about MY president." You can literally show them shit he does and says to only watch them refute it with complete an utter disdain for you as an individual. I get called a libtard no matter how I approach them. Niceties aren't accepted on either side though when it comes to this election. I am ignored by my Biden loving friends when I try to talk about his weaknesses and issues as a candidate. Or I am hit with the, "blame Bernie bros for Clinton's loss, now it's happening again with Biden" bullshit. She was a horrible nominee going up against someone that should've been beatable, would've been with a better nominee, and they did everything wrong. Of course, she and her cohorts will never admit her shortcomings. They blame it on sexism, Bernie bros, and the right wing media. Some of the sexism jargon is true to a point. But I think her just being thoroughly unlikable was the biggest reason why people didn't vote for her.

Now, we have Biden with the lack of a true platform other than, "At least I am not Trump" and the issue of having no enthusiasm around his campaign leading to a possible four more years of Trump. Anyone unwilling to admit this is living in denial. Trump could very well be looking at reelection because of the weak ass candidate the Dems have put up against him, once again. Biden does have the likability that Clinton didn't have in his favor. And a raging pandemic to help him. But with all this, he should be polling higher, so why isn't he? This should be a 20 point lead with just how poorly Trump has handled the pandemic alone. So, why is Biden in danger of losing this thing? I think not having a true message is hurting him. He comes off as likable and "Uncle Joe" until you look at his history in Washington and see a lot of what he has supported has led us to the very place we find ourselves today. The author of the '94 crime bill is going to connect with Black America when it comes to racial injustice? That just seems disingenuous. Harris is a bad cop and I know a ton of black people who don't trust her. They hate Trump. But they're unsure of a Biden/Harris administration

Or the very concerning apathic approach to battleground states lost in '16 by Clinton. Michigan is being handled the same shitty way again by Biden's people as it was by Clinton. Which I think is a huge mistake. Or how they're going after these mythical on the fence Republicans who will push Biden over the edge in November. People like John Kasich to help win them over, a guy the Trump cult hates and Republicans didn't embrace AT ALL in '16 as a potential nominee. The party is the party of Trump. The percentage of repubs coming over will be like what, 4%? Polls show dems going to Trump are ranging from 3-4%. So, that's a wash. Why not go after the Latino vote? Where Biden is polling worse than Clinton did with Latinos should be concerning for his camp, why isn't that a focal point? Why are they not coming out in favor of Medicare for all during a pandemic? Why are they not pushing huge economic reforms for the future during an economic crisis? Biden seems very much in the moment of the pandemic and just beating Trump on the grounds that he isn't Trump. That's a mistake in my opinion. Maybe I am wrong though.

Or let's look at how the Democratic party is trying to rig the electoral process when it comes to the Green party which makes them just as bad as repubs in my book. Dems are using the courts to shut out Greens all over the country. Sorry, I am very down about all this. I don't see a bit of hope within reach for our country at this point. Everyone would rather go "ra-ra-ra" for their team than to face the reality about our failed two-party system.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT