ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

I thought he used to be slightly conservative.. I remember in 2012 he posted a tweet about watching a republican primary debate to decide who he liked best. Then trump came along and dude went hard after him
Pisgah that's a good backstory, and gives further contest. JJ is not the only one to go astray obviously. I am not going to delve too far into politics, but there are so many spinoff groups now.

For instance the "Republicans Against Trump," and it's obvious most democrats would rather President Biden NOT seek re-election.OFC

Nothing but admiration and respect for JJ. He was a standout, and hard worker at Duke, has done well in his chosen in career path. He seems quite intelligent, and from what I am told is cordial away from the public arena.

Sometimes it is quite difficult to separate politics from our views of the person. I understand it. I still fight it to this day. OFC
I agree with this. I’ve had this issue over the past couple years but have decided to not let politics ruin sports for me.. I won’t agree with some no matter what but I can’t let it ruin stuff for me

Now I’m curious if we have any former conservative players.. I have a theory but want to see if anyone knows of any first

Now I’m curious if we have any former conservative players.. I have a theory but want to see if anyone knows of any first
In this woke age, Dems are as likely to make racial faux pas as Rep so I don’t have a clue what any of their politics are. I’d like to think old # 32 is conservative. My world just makes more sense that way

To me hate is an extreme word, yet its now mainstream to call any disagreement with new social identities as hate speech, any crime against certain races a hate crime....its a vile word that should be reserved for truly worthy people and crimes...but its been diluted like bullying...thrown out at the slightest provocation. Its 6/6...a day when a generation of young men showed what true character was, many never to return to their families...we have become a soft nation.

To me hate is an extreme word, yet its now mainstream to call any disagreement with new social identities as hate speech, any crime against certain races a hate crime....its a vile word that should be reserved for truly worthy people and crimes...but its been diluted like bullying...thrown out at the slightest provocation. Its 6/6...a day when a generation of young men showed what true character was, many never to return to their families...we have become a soft nation.
Right you are. Just like racist. The word hardly means anything anymore.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Same old Leftist strategy. Agree with us or we’ll call you a racist/ homophobe/ and the latest transphobe. If you advocate for a secure border you’re called the same names. Why? Because you’re supposed to capitulate to their demands

What is funny, not funny haha, is the teacher talks about the students being inappropriate when she is the one showing a video celebrating sexual deviance to students in a MATH class. I am sure what those kids see in a freak pride video will help them succeed in life.

It’s ok, transgenders are free to go topless on the White House lawn now. Glad we restored the “honor and decency” to the White House.

It’s ok, transgenders are free to go topless on the White House lawn now. Glad we restored the “honor and decency” to the White House.
It's so nice having the adults back in charge, isn't it?

I feel sorry for the average gay person who just wants to be accepted and marry who they want to. These freaks are going to cause a push to put them back in the closet.

Reactions: smashmouth5
They get us worked up over Trump being indicted, race issues, trans, gays, Bud Light, Cracker Barrel, Target... Personally, I think it's all planned. Take Bud Light and the hornet nest over the trans on the can. Who got hurt in this, the big wigs of the company? Nope. It has been the average everyday American that works for them, and there's a lot of them.

What doesn't get discussed? Rising costs of everything, Ukraine, but more importantly, Ol Potato Head himself, Joe Biden.

These bastards are clever, to the point of evil.

The bud light thing is spot on. The distributors, the mom and pop shops who can’t get it off their shelves, they’re the real losers here. They’re the ones who get hurt. Sure AB lost like $27B but they can take the hit.

It’s just sad. Shoving this stuff down your throat to improve their ESG scores so the Blackrocks and Vanguards don’t ding them.

Random question, but are there any exclusive subscriptions that are worth it for Duke sports (or sports in general for say, The Athletic)? I’ve seen ads for 247 Premium being discounted right now, but is it worth it? Is the exclusive content that much better? And are there any other sites that y’all would recommend that would be worth my money?

Random question, but are there any exclusive subscriptions that are worth it for Duke sports (or sports in general for say, The Athletic)? I’ve seen ads for 247 Premium being discounted right now, but is it worth it? Is the exclusive content that much better? And are there any other sites that y’all would recommend that would be worth my money?
If we're being honest, is any paid membership worth your money?

Social credit score for datt is probably the highest it goes
I wonder if he subjects his children to the freaks playing out sexual fantasies in public as if that represents pride and not mentally deranged and perverted lunacy.

I hope not.

Reactions: pisgah101
They get us worked up over Trump being indicted, race issues, trans, gays, Bud Light, Cracker Barrel, Target... Personally, I think it's all planned. Take Bud Light and the hornet nest over the trans on the can. Who got hurt in this, the big wigs of the company? Nope. It has been the average everyday American that works for them, and there's a lot of them.

What doesn't get discussed? Rising costs of everything, Ukraine, but more importantly, Ol Potato Head himself, Joe Biden.

These bastards are clever, to the point of evil.
And their diversion tactics coincide seamlessly with the Far Lefts need to constantly push the envelope further: mutilation of children, bio men in women’s sports,etc. Most Americans were fine with women pretending to men so they had to bring out the Cra Cra to keep it in the news If you don’t think a 12 year old should have their penis lopped off at tax payer expense you must hate gay people too

The bud light thing is spot on. The distributors, the mom and pop shops who can’t get it off their shelves, they’re the real losers here. They’re the ones who get hurt. Sure AB lost like $27B but they can take the hit.

It’s just sad. Shoving this stuff down your throat to improve their ESG scores so the Blackrocks and Vanguards don’t ding them.
With bud light, sure it is a shame for the people on the distribution and service end. But that's on AB, not the people who choose not to support their business based on whatever their reasons are. This whole trans movement has gotten out of control. And bud light decided to join the movement. Now they have lost a massive amount of business because people have grown tired of having this shoved down their throats at every corner of society.

With Target, it's even worse than AB because they decided to have a section of clothing targeting children supporting the LGTQPDR+++ or whatever. Gay or lesbian is a sexual preference and a physical/emotional attraction. There is no reason to push that topic on children. It's no different from heterosexual fetishism being pushed on children. It's not appropriate and it will not make them better people.

I am personally not a big boycotter myself, but I definitely see why people would not want to support businesses for pushing a perverted agenda.

With bud light, sure it is a shame for the people on the distribution and service end. But that's on AB, not the people who choose not to support their business based on whatever their reasons are. This whole trans movement has gotten out of control. And bud light decided to join the movement. Now they have lost a massive amount of business because people have grown tired of having this shoved down their throats at every corner of society.

With Target, it's even worse than AB because they decided to have a section of clothing targeting children supporting the LGTQPDR+++ or whatever. Gay or lesbian is a sexual preference and a physical/emotional attraction. There is no reason to push that topic on children. It's no different from heterosexual fetishism being pushed on children. It's not appropriate and it will not make them better people.

I am personally not a big boycotter myself, but I definitely see why people would not want to support businesses for pushing a perverted agenda.
It’s odd and perverse that the Left seems to be pushing children into choices that would allegedly lead them to be oppressed, but it’s all about grooming future voters for the Dem Party Without grievances how do you get your voters to the polls. Keep that pot stirred

Oh it’s definitely in AB, but it sucks that the real losers are the folks at the end of the totem poll that take it on the chin. Having said that, I’ll never have a bud light again. I’ll never shop at target again and I’ll never buy another Nike item again. Sad. Running out of shit to buy, wear, eat, drink etc.

Oh it’s definitely in AB, but it sucks that the real losers are the folks at the end of the totem poll that take it on the chin. Having said that, I’ll never have a bud light again. I’ll never shop at target again and I’ll never buy another Nike item again. Sad. Running out of shit to buy, wear, eat, drink etc.
We stopped ordering AB products from our vendor because we have nowhere to stock it. We are doing $.50 AB beers this Friday just to see if we can get rid of it. We've actually made better profits from this because people are buying Modelos and dos equis more. The true bud light rednecks are too proud and have spent too much time talking shit about miller lite to switch to Miller. At our local gas station, you have to squeeze by the mountain of budweiser and bud light cases. It's real. We'll see how long it lasts.

I get what you're saying, but I think that's exactly what they want folks to do. It hurts middle America.

A plan of reverse psychology to destroy the country from within. A sinister one.

I get what you're saying, but I think that's exactly what they want folks to do. It hurts middle America.

A plan of reverse psychology to destroy the country from within. A sinister one.
A few years ago I’d have said this was crazy. But I think you’re spot on. It’s really sick.

Reactions: smashmouth5

But in this case, who are "they". This isn't people trying to cancel Goya because the CEO was a fan of Trump, or mom and pops getting backlash for siding with the police. Those are examples of situations that the corporate media were behind. I am not seeing the push from agenda driven sources in the cases of INBEV and Target. This seems more organic and in response to the tiring of what the agenda driven forces are pushing on society.

But in this case, who are "they". This isn't people trying to cancel Goya because the CEO was a fan of Trump, or mom and pops getting backlash for siding with the police. Those are examples of situations that the corporate media were behind. I am not seeing the push from agenda driven sources in the cases of INBEV and Target. This seems more organic and in response to the tiring of what the agenda driven forces are pushing on society.
Not sure you're being serious or joking with asking who "they" are. I'm going to play along here, and say "they" are the elites, power players, the ones pulling the strings... someone is assisting many of them.

Point being, the every day employees are the real victims.

Last edited:
Not sure you're being serious or joking with asking who "they" are. I'm going to play along here, and say "they" are the elites, power players, the ones pulling the strings... someone is assisting many of them.

Point being, the every day employees are the real victims.
There was no joking or any kind of condescending tone intended. I just don't think I can agree with you here, though in a general sense I agree with your take on the media and the divisiveness it puts forth. Like I said, I think this boycott happened organically in response to the push by the trans movement. I don't think the media created it. I think bud light did.

But we can agree to disagree.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
Datttttt???
Donald Trump Republicans GIF by Election 2016

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT