ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

Just like everyone else, it breaks my heart when people target children. But it bothers me so much when the media and the left harp on gun violence after school shootings or other mass shooting events, but are completely silent on the killings that make up the overwhelming majority of gun violence in America. St Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, Chicago and Memphis are just a few examples of cities that have 3rd world homicide rates. The only way people give a shit about gun violence is if a certain type of gun is used in a single mass casualty event.

Tranny activists are quickly becoming a hate group. Never in my life would I ever imagine such a tiny fraction of society totally conform our country into a clown show. And if you don't like it, you're a bigot. Leave it to the left to exploit mental illnesses to divide the country.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Tranny activists are quickly becoming a hate group. Never in my life would I ever imagine such a tiny fraction of society totally conform our country into a clown show. And if you don't like it, you're a bigot. Leave it to the left to exploit mental illnesses to divide the country.
I don’t want to see it, but it’d be fascinating to watch the reaction if a trans player dominated women’s hoops. Not like Clark but with size and strength. To see how many people on woke Espn and social media had the courage to speak out about it. Or if it’s like the topics of racial disparities in acad performance and out of wedlock birth rates; people just curl into the fetal position and hope someone changes the subject.

Reactions: smashmouth5
And Sinister Joe is seeking to eliminate age limits on “gender affirmation” surgery. This is child abuse and not much better than Islamic clitoris removal that it has been banned in Europe

I don’t want to see it, but it’d be fascinating to watch the reaction if a trans player dominated women’s hoops. Not like Clark but with size and strength. To see how many people on woke Espn and social media had the courage to speak out about it. Or if it’s like the topics of racial disparities in acad performance and out of wedlock birth rates; people just curl into the fetal position and hope someone changes the subject.
It needs to happen in a more popular women's sport such as basketball or even moreso tennis. Imagine if a male dunks balls in face of a woman or breaks all of Serena's records.

In a story no one here cares about..........

Hurricane Florence was in 2018. This past weekend the final house in our neighborhood that was left vacant due to the storm is now occupied.

According to FEMA, 1,700+ families are still left without permanent residence in a 3 county area due to Florence. Unfortunately, it was far more than 3 counties affected by Florence. Crazy how so many lives are influenced by a natural event from 5 years ago.

Reactions: Dattier
So Democrat policies will actually end up helping the rich and hurting the poor? Stop the presses!
Even more concerning is the fact that the raw materials needed for EVs will be provided by China and Russia and lead to the further colonization of Africa for its raw materials. China brings its own workers in to its mining sites who send it back home. You couldn’t make this sh up

Reactions: smashmouth5

This is a welcoming place so you should just get the hell out. 😂

😂

JJ Redick now the social justice warrior since he's in the running to be the 76ers next coach🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I’m sick of all these so called social warriors that don’t know a damn thing about guns. It’s the man squeezing the trigger that’s the problem. No need for JJ to spin this into a political position. I just lost some respect for him.
He had a great take on the NBA MVP discussion against dumbass Perkins but with the take today, I lost respect as well

Sometimes JJ comes across as sharp, like the mvp argument with Perkins a while back. Then there’s other times when he steps in shit, then puts that same foot in his mouth.
His criticism of yesteryears players, his stupid take on Larry Bird, and now this one about guns are displays of ignorance that are almost an embarrassment to Duke alumni.

Sometimes JJ comes across as sharp, like the mvp argument with Perkins a while back. Then there’s other times when he steps in shit, then puts that same foot in his mouth.
His criticism of yesteryears players, his stupid take on Larry Bird, and now this one about guns are displays of ignorance that are almost an embarrassment to Duke alumni.
Pure conjecture but perhaps the hc interviews have not gone as planned and the reality has set in that ESPN might fire his ass and then what? A real job?

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Pure conjecture but perhaps the hc interviews have not gone as planned and the reality has set in that ESPN might fire his ass and then what? A real job?
No, it’s just JJ. He’s very opinionated and has always been left of center, always. But he always speaks his mind. You’ll be hard pressed to find many hoops players that are center or right of center. It’s the culture, which frankly is fine. You tend to flock together. This isn’t out of the ordinary for JJ even if I disagree with his position.

He claims to be “anti-gun” but doesn’t see what all the fuss is about. We all have bad days; hopefully he’ll get back on script

Nothing but admiration and respect for JJ. He was a standout, and hard worker at Duke, has done well in his chosen career path. He seems quite intelligent, and from what I am told is cordial away from the public arena.

Sometimes it is quite difficult to separate politics from our views of the person. I understand it. I still fight it to this day. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Dattier
No, it’s just JJ. He’s very opinionated and has always been left of center, always. But he always speaks his mind. You’ll be hard pressed to find many hoops players that are center or right of center. It’s the culture, which frankly is fine. You tend to flock together. This isn’t out of the ordinary for JJ even if I disagree with his position.

I thought he used to be slightly conservative.. I remember in 2012 he posted a tweet about watching a republican primary debate to decide who he liked best. Then trump came along and dude went hard after him

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT