ADVERTISEMENT

The gang that couldnt shoot straight

hart2chesson

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2012
It's a recurring NIGHTMARE!!! Our season long trend of 3 pt misfires. 12 long range bombs fired 2nd half produced a goose egg of makes. That's hard to do even if 4 and 5 stars are TRYING!!!

What's worse, Coach Scheyer will not address this problem. Come on coach, I beg of you to give Jaden Schutt a chance. What have you got to lose?? Sacrifice a few points on D to get at least ONE VIABLE THREE POINT THREAT on the court???

We played MUCH BETTER today on the road, but if we hit just 3 of 12 second half from the arc, we win. Now we have a weak off to incorporate some Schutt and shooting in our offense.

OFC

I'd blame one and done, but Baker and O'Connell and White never really became good shooters for us. Not sure what the answer is. What I do know is our tournament exit will end in some 3 of 20 type stats from 3 like today. And it will come sooner rather than later if we don't solve this.

I'd blame one and done, but Baker and O'Connell and White never really became good shooters for us. Not sure what the answer is. What I do know is our tournament exit will end in some 3 of 20 type stats from 3 like today. And it will come sooner rather than later if we don't solve this.
I think Schutt is a better shooter than any of the three you named Chris, no disrespect. White was gangbusters for a while, then his real lack of a stroke emerged. Baker was awful on D, and O'Connell could shoot, but I think never got relaxed under K's quick leash.

Last year at least we had the luxury of Griffin outside, and occasionally Banchero and Roach. This year's perimeter shooting is in dire straits at this point.

OFC

Next year unless Young and Mitchell return we will be saying we can’t attack the basket . It’s give or take fellas and this year it’s the three point shot .

Last edited:
Mannn we can’t shoot a lick! Seems like we haven’t been able to shoot in yearsssss! But this is the worst for sure. Teams are just slowly sucking their defense in (what a surprise) lol. It sucks becuase we have such an…unselfish ? Less talented? passing team, that can play D and rebound with the best of them. I don’t see an improvement here in that soooo we are gonna have to get hot to make a splash. Jaden absolutely needs time on the court. That may or may not help this year, (he could pull a K and throw somebody in the game in the tournament that he sat all year and expect him to be able to contribute ) but it will absolutely help developing him for next year. Lol. Lively II needs not to tie his shoe laces before the game. Young mannnn be stronger with the ball!….or are you just not, idk. Grandison needs not to see the floor either. Flip can play . Proctor can stay. I see glimpses of what could be with him. Blake’s NEEDS more time. Mitchell can play a little. Whitehead, I had 1 i popped yesterday. I’d start Flip Procter Mitchell Blake’s Young😬. Jaden would be at the top of the bench rotation .When Roach comes back Idfk😂

Reactions: Devilinside
I didn't like Young at top of the circle with no one guarding him. He threw terrible entry passes and did not look to shoot
Clemson played a perfect D on Young in that situation, which essentially was no D. They figured he wouldn't shoot, and as you explain, unguarded those entrys were weak. OFC

Reactions: Devilinside
We got you Chris! Some of our guys look like they should be moving refrigerators and color tv's instead of shooting 3's right now.

There are flashes, but they are short living. Whitehead had been shooting decent, but an 0'fer yesterday. Grandison hit a couple big ones against Pitt, also an 0'fer yesterday. Proctor shows flashes of potential, but cannot seem to find a groove. Hopefully they will pull it together soon.

None of the shots were bad shots but you got to make more then three.

Really don’t think Schutt is the answer but we don’t know and something is keeping him off the floor and I just think it is youth and the level of competition.

It’s on to the next game now .

We can't shoot that's for sure but I'm also really disappointed that with our rebounding, we can't fast break when Lively and Whitehead/Mitchell/Proctor are in. That's some real speed but we seem to be stuck in neutral.

Running would open up lanes to the basket for Whitehead instead of having him standing on the wing taking low percentage 3s.

We got you Chris! Some of our guys look like they should be moving refrigerators and color tv's instead of shooting 3's right now.

There are flashes, but they are short living. Whitehead had been shooting decent, but an 0'fer yesterday. Grandison hit a couple big ones against Pitt, also an 0'fer yesterday. Proctor shows flashes of potential, but cannot seem to find a groove. Hopefully they will pull it together soon.
Proctor was a bust again. Only 1 assist but 3 TO's. 22% from 3. Only 33% overall. Flip is still a TO machine. We did not lose this game due to coaching. Coaches cannot shoot or pass the ball for us. We still go extended periods of time without a score. Very frustrating. Having trouble being optimistic about the future. Have yet to defeat one of the better ACC teams. OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
Doesn’t look like there is enough time this year. If a bunch of guys stay for 3 years, might be pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT