ADVERTISEMENT

The current Dukie in the NBA that has surprised you the most.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
There is a small discussion on the DBB board about which current Dukie has surprised you the most with his success so far in the NBA. One of the posters said Grayson which is hard to argue with thst choice. Grayson is really coming into his own and I hope he has finally found a home with the Bucks. I picked Gary Trent Jr. I thought he may have been a journeyman type player going from team to team depending on what they needed at the time. Also Cam Reddish has been a pleasant surprise. Thought it might have taken a little longer. Love at that so many of our Dukies are contributing at such good levels. OFC

Good question. Probably Grayson or Trent. I thought Winslow and Maggette would be better. I know Corey was good but I thought he'd be great.

Reactions: GillJET and skysdad
Man this is tough.... I'm gonna go with Seth Curry. Been around the league bouncing around and has become a legit threat.

Unlike Christophero, I didn't think Winslow would be that good because he was pretty much over powering guys in college but once you get in the NBA, that doesn't happen as much and he was never a good shooter.

I didn't realize how tough it was going to be. I'm sticking with Trent but Luke Kennard has surprised me. OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
Man this is tough.... I'm gonna go with Seth Curry. Been around the league bouncing around and has become a legit threat.

Unlike Christophero, I didn't think Winslow would be that good because he was pretty much over powering guys in college but once you get in the NBA, that doesn't happen as much and he was never a good shooter.
And to be honest it doesn’t really seem like Justise cares a whole lot haha. Which is fine. I also agree on Seth being, maybe the guy who has impressed me so much. Didn’t get drafted, had to work up from the G-league, now is a bonafide starter on a solid team.

Also shout out to Brandon Ingram.

Seth although I don’t know if it should have been a surprise because of the family genes. But from G-League to what he is today he has worked hard to get to where he’s at.
Could be one of few players that could be in the 50/40/90 club 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: timo0402
I’m not so surprised by Curry considering who his brother is. And who his Dad is for that matter. More surprised by Winslow being irrelevant. Played hard his 1 year at Duke. Great motor.

I think Seth Curry is probably the right answer but I think Tatum isn't that far behind. I assumed he'd play well, but I don't know that I had assumed he'd be the #1 option on a winning team in the NBA and I think that's exactly where he is going to be for most of his career.

There is a small discussion on the DBB board about which current Dukie has surprised you the most with his success so far in the NBA. One of the posters said Grayson which is hard to argue with thst choice. Grayson is really coming into his own and I hope he has finally found a home with the Bucks. I picked Gary Trent Jr. I thought he may have been a journeyman type player going from team to team depending on what they needed at the time. Also Cam Reddish has been a pleasant surprise. Thought it might have taken a little longer. Love at that so many of our Dukies are contributing at such good levels. OFC
I agree and it’s Gary Trent, Jr. for me as well with honorable mention going to Luke Kennard

I think Seth Curry is probably the right answer but I think Tatum isn't that far behind. I assumed he'd play well, but I don't know that I had assumed he'd be the #1 option on a winning team in the NBA and I think that's exactly where he is going to be for most of his career.
I'd just like to thank Jason Tatum for making me look smart for once in my life by putting up 51 points yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT