ADVERTISEMENT

The Carolina Way VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Uhhh , who IS the teacher? Anyone know...?"

CVwdFg7UAAEiIr6.png

What? When they run outta bs classes do they just have 'em start over with the ones they've already taken? Lulz...

CVwc1OlU8AAXXg3.png

Briefly , I can say for sure that many of these latest e-mails come from the NCAA's NOA. IOW , they have these AND they have 'em un-redacted. And keep in mind , unx FERPAS every-damn-thing , drags azz on complying with FOIA laws and , of course , redacts the life outta whatever they decide to release. Lord knows what we're NOT seeing.

Reactions: DukeDenver
A sidestep. Check this out. unx fan goes to Clemson game , gets his azz beat then blames an entire Clemson fraternity for doing it. A couple of days later , he retracts and asks that no further investigation be done. Lulz. I think we all know what happened. Drinkin' an' talkin' his pro-tarhole bs he ran his mouth to the wrong person and well , the pic speaks for itself. ONE person did that to him. Not a gang not a frat not an army...one.

Family of UNC fan claiming assault retracts blame of Clemson frat, apologizes to members

A Shelby man claimed he was assaulted by a group of Clemson students during the ACC Championship game Saturday in Charlotte, but now he is not 100% sure who assaulted him.

Pruett said at least 15 males beat him after an argument.

His injuries include a broken nose and a fractured eye socket.

Pruett initially said his attackers were gathered near a Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity tent, but the Pruett family contacted FOX Carolina Tuesday night and said they mistakenly identified the wrong fraternity tent when they first reported the assault.

Pruett's brother also apologized to members of the Pi Kappa Alpha , stating that "it was a case of mistaken identity and as a brother of the victim I was quick to place blame. I can only offer my apologies to all officials of Clemson University and the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity."

The Pruett family said Tuesday night they were lo longer asking for any further investigation.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/30695191/unc-fan-says-clemson-students-beat-him-in-charlotte

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
unx circulating the story about fake classes at Auburn while there were , uhhhh , fake classes at unx. Lol. Can't imagine why tptb at the flagship would be interested in such a story. Probably upset that the Tigers were encroaching into unx's area of expertise...

CVwN0aqU8AASMiT.png

More distinction between "easy" and "fake." Kid's failing. Solution? Paper class...

CVwSczaVEAE9Ujn.png

Bunting knew. So did Holladay and Holladay's still there. Football coaches advised to stop taking up all the dadgum paper classes. Doesn't leave much room for you-know-whos players. Lulz...

CVwRhUKUAAA6wTs.png

"What was the teacher's name again? Never been to class and met the man...or woman...or whoever..."

CVwdFg7UAAEiIr6.png

Last edited:
Had charts of the morons in the paper classes. Oh yeah. No shadow curriculum. No fraud. All classes the same. Nuthin' to see here. Move along...

CVy53kQVEAABJIw.png

NCAA started snoopin' around. Time to do some housecleaning...

CVy8lDsUYAE12wm.png

Document illustrating how the NCAA has seen which jocks and which sports were involved in the paper class scam...

CVy-zIsVEAAMRX6.png

How it's done. Building an athlete's schedule via paper classes , on-line classes and crip courses. Mary termed this a "degree in Eligibility." #carolinaway. And again...how many people musta known? Heck , who DIDN'T know? We've seen these e-mails , a power point presentation and THIS next one sent directly to a coach... a head coach at that. Anson Dorrance of that vaunted unx women's soccer program. Now we know how they amassed that gaudy winning record. And this is soccer we're talkin' about. WOMEN'S soccer , fer cryin' out loud!!! But none of this was done for football and men's basketball , right? Roy didn't know? My azz. Gawd. What a mess...

CVyfFC7UwAA186-.png

Galling. unx's Jack Evans , as mentioned here , helped devise the APR. The same APR that kept UConn from participating in post-season play one year because the Huskies didn't exploit it to maintain the academic eligibility of their basketball players. Look at the wording here...straight from Evan's mouth. In describing how the APR can be abused , he's telling the world just how unx , uhhh , exploited the APR. Sickening...

CVzSlSIWIAAwh6c.jpg

Jack Evans...

http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/news/2013/08/evans-profile

In unx's NOA , the NCAA speaks of "special arrangements" that were made , academically , for jocks. Such "arrangements" were just one of the five Level I violations the flagship was cited for. The NCAA used the proper term. Heck , they got it from unx themselves...

CVz8mzWU4AANdTe.png

Further proof the scam wasn't limited to one department and a "rogue" or two...

CVzy7IuUYAAuct6.png

CVzy7M_UAAA2ri6.png

Part of another presentation detailing how to "move forward" ( lulz ) with the paper classes having to be curtailed. "The Bridges of Orange County..."

CVzxqK0UkAAzcYP.png

Good Lord. Just admitting it. "Too much fabrication." A little fabrication is fine ya just don't wanna go overboard. Lol.

CV09e57UYAA5WH3.png

"She only had 2 real courses..."

CV30dq3U4AErLs9.png

Pretty much explains why unx athletes turned in so many "recycled" papers...

CV31axCUwAEBWN8.png

unx prof whines about Dabo. Wonder how he feels about 20+ years of cheating in his employer's athletic department...

How Dabo Swinney’s bad moments marred a great ACC title game

There was much to celebrate, and much to mourn, in the remarkable ACC championship football game played in Charlotte Saturday night. Heroism, grit, stubborn determination. A breathtaking refusal to surrender. Triumph and, for some of us, an eventual heartbreak.

There was also an episode that has no place in college athletics or in any other facet of university life. Or in the life of any educational institution. An exchange, or rather an assault, that in any other context would trigger immediate sanction and separation – but that in football we seem to accept as a foreseen, understandable component of the venture.

As if successful football coaches have to be willing to unleash uncontrollable torrents of abuse and degradation upon their student charges. As if it were thought acceptable to watch the most visible and highly compensated representative of an America university literally lose his mind while spewing invective at a 20-year-old on national television – in an inflicted trauma that will literally mark the rest of a hopeful, if mistaken, young man’s life.

In the second quarter, Clemson punter Andy Teasdale, facing 4th and 15, on his own 30, inexplicably attempted to run for the first down. The results were, in football terms, disastrous. Teasdale gained only a few yards, turning the ball over with a massive loss of field position, leading to a Carolina score and temporary Tar Heels lead.

When Teasdale returned to the sideline, Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney grabbed him by the collar and unleashed what may be the most ferocious, visceral, repeated, and near unending tirade I’ve witnessed in my six plus decades on this planet. Swinney would scream, relentlessly, in Teasdale’s face until he exhausted himself, then walk back and start the exercise in humiliation all over again.

Embarrassed players tried to look the other way – relieved it wasn’t them in the crosshairs. It didn’t seem like the first time they had seen their vaunted coach explode. The game proceeded for several minutes, apparently unbeknownst to Swinney, while he continued to vent his spleen. Vengeance, in ample doses, was administered. I won’t soon forget it. Teasdale never will.

And, to be clear, nothing beyond, conceivably, the first fifteen seconds of the stunning harangue, was anything like a teachable moment. This was simply a nearly 50-year-old man releasing his unbounded rage, repeatedly, on a captive target. The fury was hurled with such vehemence I doubt Swinney can even remember it.

Many decades ago, I was a college football player myself. And, unlike most of the folks who played in Charlotte, as we used to say in Oklahoma, I was “never much count.” I do know, however, that there are few figures in modern American life who enjoy such supreme authority as a major college football coach. They oversee legions of young, ambitious men whose fortunes lie, almost completely, in their hands. Every player, in his heart of hearts, dreams of being a star. He has since he was a boy. All it takes is a swift, unexplained and unreviewable move down the depth chart to dash, completely, life-defining aspirations. None, or almost none, dares risk defiance.

This is why, for example, that comparatively elderly and tiny men can be seen hurling vituperation at giant, muscled, and intensely aggressive linemen and linebackers with impunity. Absent the protections of office and authority, the abusers know, they would be left bloodied and unconscious on the floor as a result of such shaming attacks. But they need fear no retaliation. The stakes, for the victims, are too immense. As a result, the “macho” displays carry the scent of cowardice.

Now, in truth, I harbor little hope that such transgressions will be rectified. Swinney will be lionized, not reprimanded. He’s just been named ACC coach of the year. If Clemson continues to win, his fortunes will know no bounds. No university president would dare say him nay. If he did, the president would be soon dispatched.

I write only to state my belief that such debasement has no place in college football. I may be wrong about that, of course. If I am, it at least ought be clear that football has no place in the university.

Gene Nichol is Boyd Tinsley Distinguished Professor at UNC-Chapel Hill.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article48808445.html

OADD , LeroyCorso and UNCMemes are the best in the biz. This is Corso's latest. Lulz...

CV4rcJpU4AAJq00.jpg

A classic. The (in)famous "A D will be fine that's all she needs" e-mail...

CV319PXU4AEx0g3.png

I'd be pizzed too. The athlete had the department chairperson ( Boxill ) help with the assignment and the grade returned was 50%. Lulz...

CV4CSy8UsAIRdAJ.png

Sweet deal. Athlete allowed to turn in the same paper for academic credit in two different classes. Non-student/athletes at unx get to do that too , right...?

CV4CkzoUAAAFVnx.png

Susan Malloy tells Boxill she thinks the academic arrangements made for athletes are "sketchy." She was right. B-Rad interview her for his opus...?

CV4DoGhUkAAlaA2.png

More Stroman...

CV4C_ulVEAAGVrA.png

Never ceases to amaze me how matter-of-factly the scam was talked about. Boxill tellin' the athlete the 3 courses added will require "very little work." One other thing. Many of these have the DATES REDACTED! Check the last sentence telling the jock to drop two courses and add the AFAM. The reason for this is because basic rules are being ignored. unx is allowing jocks to drop/add courses on a whim. Failing a class? Only 2 weeks left in the semester? No problem. We got yer back. Drop those add these. But regular students could do that too , right? Disgusting...

CV39RI-UAAAXOYZ.png

In the trailer for B-Rad's bs doc , Cynthia Reynolds is quoted complaining about how academic support was portrayed by the media. Should get an Academy Award nomination for that. she knew exactly how unx coddled the athletes ( football players in this instance ) and how ill-prepared the players were. She's pizzed that the jocks show very little effort too. "Pulling this crap..."

CV4HBuKVAAAc3IS.png

Speaks for itself. SACS tells it like it is about the glorious "flagship..."

CV4QniVUYAAtbbZ.png

Hartlyn-Andrews was the first or one of the first of unx's "internal" investigations. Anyway , even that report was brutal...

CV4X9sIVAAAj7UG.png

The coaches knew...even the ones on the ladies' programs...

CV4gbWAU4AADEF_.png

Dropping Math. Shocker. Reynolds says he couldn't pass it anyway. Added one of...wait for it...here it comes...Jan Boxill's "correspondence ( no show ) classes" to help out. Cesspool...

CV4iaNFUYAAOpsN.png

Crowder delaying her retirement. Good news for the "knuckleheads..."

CV4kY5yUkAA4Uis.png

Reading these , it's clear even the academic support staff was gettin' tired of kissin' the azzes of a bunch of pampered , ungrateful morons. "Knuckleheads" , "He can't pass Math anyway" and this one. "We'll always do what we can to help the kids no matter who we are angry with." Keep in mind that Deb Crowder is quoted here. DEB CROWDER!!! She was the biggest cheerleader for this crap and even she has her limits...

CV4lFwuU4AA4W_a.png

Here we go again. More contempt for those wetting their beaks in a corrupt system set up by unx. "Not producing on or off the field." Gotta love that part about the player "getting caught" after "blatantly cheating." WTF?! The ENTIRE system is built around "blatantly cheating." Can't make this stuff up...

CV4_pnfWEAE4uUZ.png

"Mid-Year Ineligibles." Lol. And , yes , Bunting knew...

CV5AcTHXIAIBZPp.png

Only 2 weeks left in the term. No paper topics for the , uhhhh , "student-athletes" yet...

CV5Bk0UWsAAwKvx.png

Sending assignments to athletes. They send these to regular students too...providing there were any , I mean...?

CV5CiB6WsAIrMdY.png

Making "arrangements" for athletes. "Temporary grade" given until assignment actually turned in. Service available to all students , of course...

CV5HcgiWEAEPyd-.png

Would love to see unx release HALF of the info being requested. "Turn out the lights , the party's over..."

NCAA Interview Transcripts

I'd been contemplating submitting a public records request for the interview transcripts referenced as Factual Items (FI) in the UNC Notice of Allegation. Even though UNC can claim to not have possession of them, I believe should be releasable per G.S. §132-1 of North Carolina's public records law.

When the NCAA conducts these sorts of interviews, they reportedly keep records of the interviews on its secure server, making the documents available to the member institution. Though the University does not possess a physical holding of the transcripts, I believe Associated Press v NCAA (2010) sets precedents and I see no fundamental difference between North Carolina's open records law and Florida's. (Additional information at http://www.splc.org/blog/splc/2010/...ansparency-a-fumble-for-ferpa-fundamentalists)

It might seem futile for me to make the request since I'm not a threat to challenge a possible UNC denial in court; but news organizations who have shown a willingness to test UNC's denials might be a different story.

I noticed today that Dan Kane (Raleigh News & Observer) has made just such a request. The 50+ hour estimate, if UNC complies, is no doubt based on the need to review and redact private information from the transcript records. Still, I'll be surprised if UNC, and the NCAA, don't resist and force the issue to court.

There are 31 transcript files listed in the Notice of Allegations that I think the public deserves to review:

http://mindingthecoach.blogspot.com/

The Committee on Educational Planning, Policies and Programs of the Board of Governors discussed academics and admissions for UNC-system athletics at the end of its Thursday meeting.

The number of student-athletes who met minimum admissions standards across the system fell slightly in 2014-15, and the changes for specific standards varied by sport.

Men's basketball increased for both incoming GPA and SAT, football increased for GPA but decreased for SAT and women's basketball decreased on both measures.

Board member Marty Kotis said he was worried about a large gap in SAT scores between athletes and non-athletes, especially at UNC-Chapel Hill. "I'm finding it pretty challenging to understand," he said referring to how athletes can keep up with hours of practice per week along with school if they're starting out with low scores.

Chancellor Carol Folt urged him to look at the broader picture. "SATs are notoriously biased," she said.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article...learning-main-topics-at-bog-committee-meeting

Kotis' concerns are well-founded. Only at unx do student-athletes graduate at a higher rate than non-athletes. Of course non-athletes don't get all the "help" the jocks get either. And LMMFAO at Folt's comments about the SAT. Biased or not , it has bupkiss to do with unx's admission policies for athletes. Classic tarhole PR diversion. Change the subject. #carolinaway.

( Another ) special arrangement for an athlete. Boxill always eager to help...

CV9CJIBVAAEE90x.png

Not sure if it's been posted here before but this is unx's NOA...

http://3qh929iorux3fdpl532k03kg.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/NCAA-NOA.pdf

Keep in mind that anytime you see the names ( Janet ) Huffstetler and Wayne Walden , that translates to "Roy." Not necessary to to explain "men's basketball student-athletes." Speaks for itself. Anyway , they're mentioned throughout but scroll to pages 10 thru 12. The next time a hole fan tells ya Roy and mbb aren't even mentioned ONCE in the NOA simply refer them to those pages an' tell 'em to start countin...'

Hey , here's a crazy idea. Why not just refuse to admit those not capable of doing college-level work instead of , ya know , jus' makin' 'em take the same remedial class again...?

CWH4urVUYAAJMof.png

"Professor would not have even noticed." Athlete plagiarizes. NOT sent to Honor Court. Hmmm. Would allowing an athlete to cheat academically with no repercussions as to maintain athletic eligibility be considered an "impermissible benefit?" At unx , I guess not...

CWH2xLQVEAAli-Q.png

Current unx professor lettin' it rip this mornin.' Even MJ gets a shout. Lulz...

Altha Cravey ‏@LocoCravey

Dean Birdsell: When I was #UNC dean we just had massive Independent Studies, no need 4 paper classes @DevilDJ32 knows, right? (1/2)

Dean Birdsell: When I was #UNC dean, Chairs, like Floorit in Geography gave Indep St credit themselves @DevilDJ32 (2/2)

Dean Birdsell: Those were the days #UNC Why do u think Michael Jordan got Geography degree anyway? Bball rules, esp MENs balls @DevilDJ32

Dean Birdsell: I could tell lot 'o stories about how Geography dept survived. @DevilDJ32

Dean Birdsell: Mom & pop said name was birds ALL yet I changed it 2 sell @DevilDJ32

Me and FloorIT had some fun back in the days sez Birdsell #UNC Why fix what's not broke? @DevilDJ32

Cheating Blue Ram‏@CheatingBlueRam

Independent studies or "dependent" studies, as in, under prepared athletes required assistance from ASPSA to succeed

Chair FloorIT lived right next door to lady tutor who is now in heaven Geography even has an award in her name

Cheating Blue Ram‏@CheatingBlueRam

You wouldn't be talking about the Burgess McSwaim award, would you?

https://geography.unc.edu/files/2015/11/UG-Manual-Geography-2015-2016.pdf…

McSwain. We can spell out her name since she is now departed. #UNC

https://twitter.com/LocoCravey

Main Street Muse‏@MainStreetMuse

@crampell See #unc academic fraud scandal for why scholarships are not a deal for the athletes.

Tim Tessier ‏@ttessier0414TIM

@MainStreetMuse @crampell Disagree entirely. Doors are opened to them. If they take the easy way out it's no one else's fault.

Main Street Muse ‏@MainStreetMuse

@ttessier0414TIM @crampell Please see #unc academic fraud scandal for more on those "open doors." University shoved athletes into "no-show" classes as people made millions off the athletes' performance on court.

E x p l o i t a t i o n Is the word for it #UNC

https://twitter.com/MainStreetMuse

The Biggest Lesson From The UNC Academic Scandal Has Been Ignored

For several years, North Carolina higher education news has been dominated by a massive scandal at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The most comprehensive account to date, based on an investigation conducted by former federal prosecutor Kenneth Wainstein, revealed that for nearly two decades, systemic academic and athletics fraud had corrupted one of the most prestigious public universities in America.

The scandal not only brought shame to the state’s flagship university, but it also forced the school chancellor, a head coach, several department heads, and others out of their jobs. In an 18-year span (1993–2011), more than 3,100 UNC-CH athletes and non-athletes took “no-show” classes and received good grades for shoddy—and often plagiarized—papers. Some faculty, administrators, and academic support specialists participated in the scam, which among other things allowed 329 athletes to keep their eligibility. Other officials were aware of this wrongdoing, but opted to remain silent.

Following such revelations, university leaders in Chapel Hill and the system pledged to right those wrongs and usher-in a new era of accountability and integrity.

Unfortunately, it appears that no such “golden age” will materialize.A new report on the state’s intercollegiate athletics programs produced by the UNC system’s general administration shows that the hardest lesson from the largest academic scandal in NCAA history is being ignored.Athletes with weak academic skills continue to be admitted to universities where they have little chance of successfully completing rigorous coursework.

In fact, universities seem to be going in the wrong direction.

In the 2012-13 academic year, 23 athletes in the UNC system received admissions standards exceptions, meaning they failed to meet system-wide minimum admissions requirements (800 combined math and reading SAT scores and 2.5 high school GPA). Another 22 received course requirement exceptions, meaning they failed to complete college-track language, math, and science courses in high school.

In the wake of a protracted scandal defined by its academic impropriety and low standards, one would expect such exceptions to end or at least decline. Instead,the system’s latest athletics report shows that 49 recruited athletes were admitted to UNC institutions with admissions standards exceptions in 2014-15. And 32 athletes were admitted despite their not meeting minimum course requirements. Over 25 percent of the minimum admissions requirement exceptions were made by UNC-CH and NC State University—schools with the most celebrated athletics programs in the state system.

While those exceptions are cause for concern, some of the academic profiles of students who do meet systemwide admissions standards are equally alarming. For example, the report indicates that for the 2014-15 year, the average SAT of football players at UNC-CH was 982, while their average high school core course GPA was 3.29. This is a decline from the 2012-13 academic year, in which those averages were 1060 and 3.43, respectively.

East Carolina University—which competes in Division IA, the top tier of college athletics—also has experienced serious declines. In the past two years, entering ECU football players’ average GPA fell from 3.1 to 2.8, and SAT scores dipped from 946 to 897. At other schools in the UNC system, there has been a mix of backsliding and improvement. At NC State, for instance, basketball players’ average GPA fell from 3.14 in 2012-13 to 2.87 in 2014-15, but their average SAT score rose from 780 to 930. (One wonders, however, whether that increase resulted from just one or two good students.)

To understand the severity of these athletes’ academic ill-preparation, it helps to compare their SAT scores and high school GPAs to those of the general student body, which are often much more competitive, and to the standards recommended by the College Board that creates and administers the SAT. For if an athlete is not ready to compete academically at a particular university, he or she will not—and, in fact, should not—perform well if that institution is maintaining high academic standards.

A 2010 report produced by the College Board found that, to be “college ready,” or to have “at least a 65 percent probability of obtaining a B- (or 2.67 or higher first year grade point average),” a student needs to score a combined 1030 on the math and verbal portions of the SAT and have a 3.33 high school GPA—a “B” average—after completing courses of average difficulty.

In the 2014-15 year, the average SAT score for non-athletes in the UNC system was 1105. For football players, it was 902. And the gap in educational preparedness is even more acute at the system’s top-tier schools. At UNC-CH, where non-athletes’ average SAT score is 1308 and average high school GPA is 4.63, the football players’ average SAT score of 982 and average GPA of 3.29 seem to pale in comparison. This raises the question of whether those players can successfully complete one semester, much less four years of high-level coursework.

“How, if you throw in another 20 or 30 hours per week of football practice, can someone with a 982 make it through school?” asked UNC system Board of Governors member Marty Kotis at last week’s Educational Planning, Policies, and Programs committee meeting, at which the athletics report was a topic of discussion.

UNC-Chapel Hill’s Chancellor, Carol Folt, responded with a standard but fallacious explanation: “I think if you look at SATs, you are probably looking at something that is not a very good predictor, so we’ve started looking at GPAs more. SATs are notoriously biased against certain students. [Every] student in all of our institutions tends to have an individualized advising program—that is where we have to start looking.”

Folt’s comment about the lack of predictive ability of SAT scores is refuted by mounting empirical evidence. As just one example, a recent study of 150,000 students from 110 colleges—summarized in this Slate article by psychology professors David Z. Hambrick and Christopher Chabris—found that SAT and high school GPA are on par in terms of their ability to predict first-year college GPA. But the best prediction, the authors of the study concluded, is obtained by using both SAT and GPA.

Furthermore, SAT scores and GPAs tend to be strongly correlated. In most cases in the UNC athletics report, when GPA falls significantly, SAT scores fall and vice versa.

And when we consider the problem of grade inflation at the high school level, and the fact that almost all Chapel Hill applicants have high GPAs, the need for some objective measure of student ability becomes clear.

The notion implied in Folt’s comments, that increased hand-holding via academic counseling or other interventions will ameliorate “student-athletes’” academic shortcomings, is also highly debatable. When athletes are only able to navigate their way through coursework by being coddled by advisors, professors, and administrators, it becomes necessary to ask whether the purpose is education or eligibility. Too often, the real answer is that such programs are intended to keep top athletes eligible at all costs, even if they can’t do the work. An institution that knowingly participates in such chicanery loses its claims to having academic integrity.

To be fair, UNC-CH and other universities deserve some credit for implementing policies designed to reduce the likelihood of a second scandal. For instance, UNC schools now conduct “course cluster” analysis to determine if too many athletes are flocking into easy classes or independent studies.

Also, in 2014-15, every UNC school satisfied the NCAA’s Academic Progress Rate standards—something that hadn’t happened in five years. (Of course, that may merely mean they have better learned to “game” the system.)

Still, the latest data from the UNC system suggest that higher education leaders in North Carolina refuse to accept the primary cause of the academic fraud scandal: the recruitment of students valued more for their abilities on the field than for their abilities in the classroom. Almost all of the corruption that we’ve witnessed at UNC in recent years has stemmed from just such recruitment.

On the surface, 2015 has been a good year for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In the summer, officials announced that in the previous fiscal year, which ended June 30, the school had raked-in a record $447 million in donations.

And on December 5, its football team almost beat number one-ranked Clemson in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship. Despite that loss, coach Larry Fedora, who recently signed a 7-year, $13.7 million contract extension, could take credit for leading UNC to its first 12-win season if it defeats Baylor University in the Russell Athletic Bowl later this month.

So long as the donations keep flowing and the sports wins keep piling up, it’s far-fetched to expect North Carolina’s public universities to adequately police themselves. That’s why, if universities continue to abdicate their responsibilities, the system’s Board of Governors must get involved. At the very least, it can end universities’ practice of admitting students whose SAT scores and GPAs fall below the system-wide minimum admissions standards.

http://www.popecenter.org/commentaries/article.html?id=3299#.Vm94IBc9YrY.twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT