ADVERTISEMENT

The Carolina Way VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Roy has no one to blame but himself now when he can't land a top-tier recruiting class for the 5th year in a row

unx'ers like to point to the scandal as the reason Roy has struck out so much recently. Wrong. Scandal or no scandal , Roy's player development reeks. He's got Top 10 Top 15 Top 20 Top 25 kids coming to play for him THEN staying in school LONGER than similarly ranked recruits. It's an effective recruiting pitch to say , "Come to School X , get your minutes , showcase your skill-set , play with other great players , play for a national championship then go get your lottery pick and a boatload of cash." Roy can't say that and he's the poster-child for self-interest over player too. Today's NOA doesn't change any of that.

ikOiq.gif

I will defer to your expertise and leave it to you to explain the intricacies of turd-eating

LOL, CUZ, when it comes to turds, being one elevates your score to superior. I just wonder what's next from you clowns, are you going with the "we never did anything wrong" route or the "haha, yea we got caught but we got away with it " route?

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
LOL, CUZ, when it comes to turds, being one elevates your score to superior. I just wonder what's next from you clowns, are you going with the "we never did anything wrong" route or the "haha, yea we got caught but we got away with it " route?

I'm guessing it'll be the "We may have done some things wrong, but as has been proven, the media craze over the whole thing was completely blown out of whack"

DevilDJ was all in on this thing, and the fact that he's still quoting random twitters on it shows he can't let it go.

DevilDJ was all in on this thing, and the fact that he's still quoting random twitters on it shows he can't let it go.

I have no problem letting it go. Just don't act as if unx has been exonerated. They haven't. At all. They cheated their azzes off for ( at least! ) 20+ years. Fine. Ya got away with it. Good for you. The lost rep , the millions in PR , legal fees , hush money , scapegoating and shooting-the-messenger was worth it. We get it. Just don't act as if anything was overblown. If anything , unx did a masterful job of covering things up. Heck , I guess we're never gonna hear anything else about Fats , Iceberg , "Wheelz4Heelz" , pot-heads in Roy's house , Matt an' Tami an' peanut butter an' pepper balls either. Don't play obtuse. Not here anyway.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Basically. And this article echoes what I've been sayin' in regards to whether unx is guilty...as in THEY ARE! Times 10! Also , tarholes , just like the tweets I posted moments ago , get used to reading stuff like this about your glorious "flagship." No one's exonerating unx and no one ever will because ya don't deserve it. True , ya can console yourselves in the knowledge that ya got away with it but you'll also have to face the reality that , well , ya got away with it. The carolina way is a punchline and unx is synonymous with collegiate corruption. Is what it is...

NCAA revises its entire approach to UNC scandal

NCAA removes references to football, men’s basketball, singles out women’s basketball

the revised NOA received from the NCAA on Monday takes a far narrower reading of NCAA bylaws, one that instead drops a sledgehammer on the women’s basketball program and that program alone.

THE NCAA HAS BEEN SCRAMBLING TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO DEAL WITH THE NORTH CAROLINAS OF THE FUTURE, BECAUSE AS THINGS STAND, THERE’S NOTHING TO STOP ANYONE FROM SETTING UP A FAKE DEPARTMENT FOR ITS ATHLETES AND CLAIMING IT MEETS UNIVERSITY STANDARDS.

The allegations have become more general and less specific, with the exception of Boxill, who continues to play an oddly prominent role, as if she alone conceived, perpetrated and hid all of the malfeasance. The reality is that countless people who should have known better played a role for two decades, whether by admitting unqualified athletes, shunting them into phony classes or merely looking the other way.

They’re set up to get a free pass, as are any number of programs that competitively benefited from the academic fraud over the years, including the two big money-makers, football and men’s basketball.

Academic fraud should require the same parsing as Potter Stewart’s view of obscenity: You know it when you see it.

Apparently, eight months was enough time for the NCAA to reconsider – or be convinced to reconsider by North Carolina and its lawyers.

Now, the university is likely to face punishment only as an institution – except for the women’s basketball program, which has been positioned to bear the full brunt of the NCAA’s wrath, ever so conveniently.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article73829487.html

Basically. And this article echoes what I've been sayin' in regards to whether unx is guilty...as in THEY ARE! Times 10! Also , tarholes , just like the tweets I posted moments ago , get used to reading stuff like this about your glorious "flagship." No one's exonerating unx and no one ever will because ya don't deserve it. True , ya can console yourselves in the knowledge that ya got away with it but you'll also have to face the reality that , well , ya got away with it. The carolina way is a punchline and unx is synonymous with collegiate corruption. Is what it is...

NCAA revises its entire approach to UNC scandal

NCAA removes references to football, men’s basketball, singles out women’s basketball

the revised NOA received from the NCAA on Monday takes a far narrower reading of NCAA bylaws, one that instead drops a sledgehammer on the women’s basketball program and that program alone.

THE NCAA HAS BEEN SCRAMBLING TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO DEAL WITH THE NORTH CAROLINAS OF THE FUTURE, BECAUSE AS THINGS STAND, THERE’S NOTHING TO STOP ANYONE FROM SETTING UP A FAKE DEPARTMENT FOR ITS ATHLETES AND CLAIMING IT MEETS UNIVERSITY STANDARDS.

The allegations have become more general and less specific, with the exception of Boxill, who continues to play an oddly prominent role, as if she alone conceived, perpetrated and hid all of the malfeasance. The reality is that countless people who should have known better played a role for two decades, whether by admitting unqualified athletes, shunting them into phony classes or merely looking the other way.

They’re set up to get a free pass, as are any number of programs that competitively benefited from the academic fraud over the years, including the two big money-makers, football and men’s basketball.

Academic fraud should require the same parsing as Potter Stewart’s view of obscenity: You know it when you see it.

Apparently, eight months was enough time for the NCAA to reconsider – or be convinced to reconsider by North Carolina and its lawyers.

Now, the university is likely to face punishment only as an institution – except for the women’s basketball program, which has been positioned to bear the full brunt of the NCAA’s wrath, ever so conveniently.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article73829487.html

That must be you "letting it go".

So why would they go back on the previous mentions in the last NOA of men's basketball and football? Wasn't it known that at least the 2005 team had almost the entire team taking AFAM courses or was that false information? Does this also mean that there's no eligibility issue for those two sports or just that the NCAA won't directly punish those programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT