ADVERTISEMENT

Tell us how you really feel

Canadian Dukie

Cameron Crazy
Nov 22, 2017
Halifax N.S.
So,we're 7 months from the start of the 2018-2019 season,and i feel that next years team is already the most scrutinized team ever.After the great expectations of last years team after Marvin signed early,its understandable why people are leery of embracing this team...So i would like to see every poster here give their reasons why they think this team will,or wont succeed.......so i'm gonna start.
1...R.J.Barrett will be the best one and done ever.i'm not saying this because i'm Canadian,its just a fact....we're about to see something amazing
2-Our bench will excell,Alex.Jack,Jordan,Javin are all going to play vital roles and play them well
3-Bolden coming back was always the key to success..i predict an all ACC year from him..
4-Cam and Zion have to buy into the "team" concept because of what i predict for the bench,their playing time may not be what they are accustomed too
5-If Tre has inherited the "stones" this will be an amazing team

I think with me it's just the high expectations combined with the law of averages; eventually we're going to get a class that does not live up to the hype. I get what you're saying but that is very much a best case scenario. I hope for that as well. If the returning guys all bust out that gives us a buffer in case one or two of the freshman struggle or God forbid gets injured. My guess now is about like this past year.(Elite Eight, 2 seed)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21
- Bolden is a crucial return. Puts us past Sweet 16 range

- Such a young lineup probably won't win the ACC Regular season crown

- We lack 3 point shooting

- The parts are greater than the whole because there isn't a prototypical SG or PF in the starting lineup

Without seeing all the parts together:: right now an ACC Tournament Title and another Elite 8 appearance is a success to me

Reactions: christophero
That's funny I was thinking the same thing regarding the ACC regular season title. We'd have a better shot at the ACC tourney title like a few years ago. Bolden's return is huge; can he stay healthy?

Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21
You guys know where I stand. Probably the mistake, if you will, was to say this upcoming team will be a sweet 16 team. The reasoning should at least be obvious as to why someone thinks that.
The team we just watched was the most talented one in the country, or one of the most. If anyone enjoyed the season from start to finish, I want what they're drinking. I was disappointed because I thought we would get to the final four, as I did the year before after winning 4 games to win the acc tournament. Four preseason lottery picks and a senior with a decent game himself. We never found that rhythm, and lost a heartbreaker to a less than stellar Kansas team.
Now this team is being labeled as a better fit for K's style. Funny no one complained about the style we just had until it looks like on paper this one fits better. All the sudden Jones is better than Duval, Barrett will be the leader, and Cam is the second coming of Grant Hill, and Zion is the next Larry Johnson.
Time will tell. Yes, we will be very talented. Talent doesn't guarantee anything though. I expect a few bumps along the way, and will enjoy this team more than the last two. I'm not buying the hype. If you don't mind, I'll use the eye test and hope we mesh well come January.

I think Cam and Zion are the wild cards. We know they are good. But if they can be great in year one, then look out. The problem is these guys only get a few months to put it all together.

Final four if roles are defined and guys accept their roles. Our ball movement will be a little better because we have 4 guys that can pass and doesn’t mind passing the ball. People talk about our shooting but it’s going to be better than expected because teams will pack in which give us easier shots. Defense should be a strength because we can do a lot of switching and not pay for it. Bolden just needs to give us 10 and 8 with a few blocks. He’s the real key. We will go as far as Bolden can take us. If he plays the way he played last year for 25 mins a game we will be in Minneapolis

Last edited:
We're going to be damn good as usual with a few bumps in the road.
We will make it to the Sweet 16 and from there who knows. I'll be rooting Duke on through every game and can't wait for the season to start. We should all appreciate every Duke basketball season, especially knowing that K's tenure is coming to an end. I dread the day Coach decides to retire. One more thing, leadership is important, but I don't think you have to be a senior to be a great leader. This team will be young, but I think we have one huge alpha dog coming in as a freshman.

Been down to the beach twice already see what’s hitting( much of nothing).

Flounder and Mackeral and grouper pick up starting next month and fresh water some bass but I prefer cat fish and crappie and sunfish. Did see the bass starting to bed some yesterday.

Gonna do a little more off shore fishing this year.

Been down to the beach twice already see what’s hitting( much of nothing).

Flounder and Mackeral and grouper pick up starting next month and fresh water some bass but I prefer cat fish and crappie and sunfish. Did see the bass starting to bed some yesterday.

Gonna do a little more off shore fishing this year.
I just started pond fishing with my boys. Great fun.

Reactions: sheyduke
I just started pond fishing with my boys. Great fun.
My middle son loves bass fishing and is way better then me at it lol. My daughter likes pier fishing and prefers the beach lol

I love fishing with eels under bridge piles in the Outer Banks. Great Striper hits.
I’m gonna get out that way this year. I’ll be in Manteo next week on business taking a couple poles lol

What do you prefer fishing for?

I’m gonna get out that way this year. I’ll be in Manteo next week on business taking a couple poles lol

What do you prefer fishing for?
Something that fights a little. Tuna is my favorite, plus it tastes so dern good.

Something that fights a little. Tuna is my favorite, plus it tastes so dern good.
My brother just went out last weekend he caught some black and yellow fin tuna.

I want to try mahi mahi and also gonna make it down to Florida this summer for some lobster diving.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I think with me it's just the high expectations combined with the law of averages; eventually we're going to get a class that does not live up to the hype. I get what you're saying but that is very much a best case scenario. I hope for that as well. If the returning guys all bust out that gives us a buffer in case one or two of the freshman struggle or God forbid gets injured. My guess now is about like this past year.(Elite Eight, 2 seed)
Already happened...See 2016-2017 season

Why? You looking to shine my badge?
c6c6c9a8b7f5cb7acf8e9015e3a9c102

The colleges now have safe spaces....does this board need a "safe thread"?
At he high school where I coach, the HC and I have made it a habit to make the wrestling room an anti - safe space. It’s the type of place where some dude will kiss you on the lips then beat you up for being gay. Good times, completely off topic.

Reactions: pisgah101
If it’s not, let me know what to do and I’ll work on it for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT