ADVERTISEMENT

Sports things that just bug you....

When people read my putt for me on the green.... I was playing with a neighbor once...not an enjoyable guy to be around, and I avoided playing with him for a long time but he kept inviting me so I eventually agreed to play 9. On one of the holes he literally laid on his stomach and read my putt from behind me while I was lining up. As soon as I made contact he goes, still laying on his stomach, "nope that's going left." I almost walked off the course.

Another thing that aggravates me on the golf course is when people are unnecessarily rude. For instance, if a group is playing somewhat slow, and the group behind gets on their case almost immediately, and not in a polite way. That happened to me once, I was playing with a friend who is a relatively new player. We were going a little slower than I normally would, but not painfully slow. These guys behind us were cursing us out by the third hole. We let them play through but not without a couple comments as they walked by.

Reactions: sgrooms
I don't like fouling the worst FT shooter off the ball in end-of-game situations. It should be enough that the offensive team doesn't pass him the ball; they shouldn't have to bench him, too. Last 2 minutes, fouling a guy away from the ball to stop the clock should be 2 shots and the ball.

Reactions: GillJET
You have to trust me, I love baseball. I tried 'retiring' from it about eight years ago and I lasted until the third or fourth game of that season. After last summer I finally decided it was time at 40 years old. I might still play a little with one of the 35 and older teams in my area, but it's gotten really tough competing against guys in their 20s the last few years. And I was never a really good player....I played because I loved it.

Side note....for the club I played on most of the last 20+ years (I moved away for a bit and took a year or two off when life was crazy), they do an old-timers game every summer. To qualify you must be 40 years old. Well, my dad played for the same club in his younger years and still does the old-timers game every year. This year....I get to play with him. In fact, the plan is for him to pitch and me catch one-half inning. He's 68 years old. I get the chills just thinking about being able to share that moment with him.
I believe you man. I was just trying to defend baseball from getting bashed in this thread. But I see I don’t have to do that with you.

Awesome that your Dad and you are going to get to have that moment. I’m sure he’s looking forward to it every bit as much as you are. Maybe y’all will do like the Griffey’s and hit back to back homers.

You have to trust me, I love baseball. I tried 'retiring' from it about eight years ago and I lasted until the third or fourth game of that season. After last summer I finally decided it was time at 40 years old. I might still play a little with one of the 35 and older teams in my area, but it's gotten really tough competing against guys in their 20s the last few years. And I was never a really good player....I played because I loved it.

Side note....for the club I played on most of the last 20+ years (I moved away for a bit and took a year or two off when life was crazy), they do an old-timers game every summer. To qualify you must be 40 years old. Well, my dad played for the same club in his younger years and still does the old-timers game every year. This year....I get to play with him. In fact, the plan is for him to pitch and me catch one-half inning. He's 68 years old. I get the chills just thinking about being able to share that moment with him.
Getting dusty in here

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Mine is a little different than the normal. It's not about the game itself, but about one 'little thing' that bugs the hell out of me about basketball announcers. Anytime a player falls to the floor, or is knocked down...the announcers always say he hit the 'ground'. Ground? This is basketball, not football. I'm pretty damn old, (and I've played on an earthen court), but I don't ever remember any college basketball games played on the ground. Say 'court, or 'floor', but not frickin' ground!

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Let me be a little controversial. The WNBA bugs me. Because, it is a failing/failed sports league that is propped up by NBA teams. The WNBA has never made money, yet it is still around? Why???? Political correctness. A similar situation are college sports/teams that do not make any money (most sports in fact). The difference in my opinion being, the college teams losing money are amateur and both men's and women's sports are funded. Not much different than HS teams that don't make any money and are subsidized by the football and basketball teams.

Anyways, the WNBA bugs me. Let the league fail, not many people watch it.

You don't like golf. That's fine and it's certainly your right.

But, you can't cheer? Where have you been? Also, I wholeheartedly disagree that it's an "arrogant, elitist and racist" activity. It's hard to even respond to that because it's so out of touch with reality. Like I said, it's fine if you don't like it....but your claims are pretty ridiculous.
I mean: you can’t cheer while the “athlete” is performing. When they’re about to swing, it’s complete silence. What if that happened in football or basketball? It’d be crazy. And about golf being racist and elitist, yes. It’s a fact. You might need to look in the mirror if that you don’t think it is. Lol. Your claims are ridiculous.

I mean: you can’t cheer while the “athlete” is performing. When they’re about to swing, it’s complete silence. What if that happened in football or basketball? It’d be crazy. And about golf being racist and elitist, yes. It’s a fact. You might need to look in the mirror if that you don’t think it is. Lol. Your claims are ridiculous.

That's why it's called The Gentleman's Sport. One of the few sports where there is no show boating. I don't play golf any very rarely watch an entire match but I respect the way the game is played and how the rules are definite and followed. May it never change. OFC

You have some pretty serious issues, dude.

So you hate tennis too then right? And bowling i guess.

And about golf being racist and elitist, yes. It’s a fact.
I was out with my Trump-supporting foursome today making a bunch of jokes about minorities and poor people earlier today. Good times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT