ADVERTISEMENT

Sports memorabilia etc.

CRAZIE4LIFE

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 16, 2011
Just wanted to share something I've been working on over the years and finally have somewhat completed it. It's something I want to continue to build on as more players come along and leave to my son when he is older. All are Duke players over the years, many are autographed, and to the best of my knowledge, in order of when they played at Duke. I realize the Dick Groat card is a baseball card but could never find a basketball one.
The last picture are randoms I had that didnt make the display.
20190207_180045_zpswudgmrqt.jpg

20190207_180108_zpsjsyzl1tg.jpg

20190207_180255_zpsybstix0l.jpg

20190207_184219_zps069dubj0.jpg

On a side note, Sheyer looks like he is about 12 years old in that McDonalds jersey.

Nice collection. I collected sports trading cards when I was a kid. I mostly collected baseball cards but I had a little bit of everything from football cards (NFL) to basketball cards (NBA and some college) to racing cards (Nascar) to wrestling cards. I have Christian Laettner’s NBA rookie card somewhere.

I'm not a big collector of cards other than Duke players. I also have for him when he is older ever team poster autographed from 09- present and mini duke ball signed by Grayson Allen, a ball signed by this years team, a Coach K photo signed, and a Chris Carawell photo of his senior year signed. Now I just hope my son doesn't become a turncoat and pull for another team.

Awesome collection! I’ve been collecting for the past few years. I had collected when I was a kid and stopped. A couple buddies of mine were collecting and I got back into it. But it almost became like a business to me. If I got cards I didn’t want to add to my collection, I’d sell them on eBay. I then received a Jayson Tatum rookie card, auto, numbered to 5. Cards like it were selling for 600-700 dollars. I ended up selling it for 750. I best myself up for it for a while, but it was hard to have that sitting in a spare room worth that much. That slowed me down a little bit lol

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
Awesome collection! I’ve been collecting for the past few years. I had collected when I was a kid and stopped. A couple buddies of mine were collecting and I got back into it. But it almost became like a business to me. If I got cards I didn’t want to add to my collection, I’d sell them on eBay. I then received a Jayson Tatum rookie card, auto, numbered to 5. Cards like it were selling for 600-700 dollars. I ended up selling it for 750. I best myself up for it for a while, but it was hard to have that sitting in a spare room worth that much. That slowed me down a little bit lol
When I collected cards when I was a kid, one of my more valuable cards was Jose Canseco’s 1986 Donruss rookie card. When I bought it, it was worth $50 and that’s what I paid for it after awhile ir eventually went in value to about $120 and I wanted to go ahead and sell it and make some money off of it but my dad talked me into holding onto it because he said if I held onto it longer then it would be worth even more so I kept it and the value plummeted after he was caught in the steroid scandal.

Nice collection...I collect some as well...my best card is a Mike trout RC...plus I have a Tatum RC auto numbered 1 of 1...no idea what it sells for but I'd say a good bit...may have to find out and sell it lol

Reactions: Duke937
I'm not a big collector of cards other than Duke players. I also have for him when he is older ever team poster autographed from 09- present and mini duke ball signed by Grayson Allen, a ball signed by this years team, a Coach K photo signed, and a Chris Carawell photo of his senior year signed. Now I just hope my son doesn't become a turncoat and pull for another team.
Not a big collector? When Did you stop buying?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT