ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry to ask this

Figured I’d post this in this thread, but I went to the doctor yesterday for what I hoped to be a couple minor issues going on. The main thing has been this weird situation where sometimes after I eat it feels as if the food doesn’t go down. No discomfort or pain, but sometimes relief happens if I can get a good burp, or sometimes I have to vomit. This hasn’t gotten any better, plus I’m going through some marital issues. Needless to say, I don’t sleep much either.
They did an X-ray, and an EKG, and I was told everything was good. He prescribed me a mild sleeping aid.
Well, I stopped in to visit my mom and dad last night, and around 7:15 or so my cell rang, and it was my doctor. Knew it wasn’t good. Said I need to get in soon as they can get me a CT scan. The Radiologist reviewed the X-ray, and he noticed a lump 3 cm on my right lung.
Just thought I would throw this out there, this board is a good outlet most of the time for me to occupy my mind from the things I’ve had going on. As some may remember, about a year and a half ago, I mentioned my daughter’s scoliosis. That went great. She had a spinal fusion with rods, and her one year checkup back in October went great.

You guys were supportive then, and I wouldn’t mind you throwing any prayers my way.

Trying to be positive, but the ol mind wanders a little.

Hope you are doing alright and hanging in there Mac... I keep praying for you.

Can I add to the prayers list? I have an uncle who is beyond ill. To be honest, he’s pretty much drank himself to death. He has cirrhosis (spelling) and cancer of the liver. Doctors put him on the list for a liver transplant about 3 months ago. But told him that he was so bad off that besides a complete new liver, there was nothing they could do. Well about a week ago he went completely unresponsive. Has been on a feeding tube, just hanging by a thread. Doctors realized how dire it was and moved him to the university of Cincinnati. They have a whole wing that specializes in this king of stuff. Thinking it was a fast track to getting him that liver.

Well... about 3 hours ago my little cousin, my uncles son, called me and said he was gonna be leaving us soon. That it was too late. He put me on speaker phone so i could tell my uncle i love him.

My little cousin is a die hard Duke fan. The whole family jokes that I made him that way. The whole family is Kentucky or Carolina fans except us. Me and him actually went to the national championship game together in 2015.

Just pray my uncle isn’t in any pain. That he is in peace with the lord. Pray for my cousin. Pray for our whole family.

Thanks. Go Duke.

Hope you and your entire family are doing okay Duke... keeping you guys in my prayers

Hey guys, I’m really sorry to ask this but wondering if you guys could throw some prayers to my family?

My 4 year old is having surgery on Thursday and just getting a little anxious with it. She’s a die hard fan just like her daddy and she always has to sit right next to me for every game and wear my hat (the not too late ones)

Also my wife is pregnant and high risk (we have had 2 previous miscarriages) so every day is scary times to ensure everything is okay. She had a procedure done to hopefully ensure this one goes as good as possible.

I’m aware people have it a lot worse then I do in life and I’m very grateful for what I have, but any prayers would be absolutely amazing!
Laettner, for some crazy reason, I’m just now looking at this post. Man, I’m praying everything will be just fine with you and your family. If it’s one thing I’ve learned in my life is the fact the man above will never put us through anything he don’t think we can stand. I’m so late in this thread, that I’m going to read through it to see if you have posted any updates. In my mind, this board is like a Duke fan family and we all should care when any board member is going through anything challenging. I’ll make sure the wife and myself include you and your family in our nightly prayers. You hang in their man, everything will be ok!

Figured I’d post this in this thread, but I went to the doctor yesterday for what I hoped to be a couple minor issues going on. The main thing has been this weird situation where sometimes after I eat it feels as if the food doesn’t go down. No discomfort or pain, but sometimes relief happens if I can get a good burp, or sometimes I have to vomit. This hasn’t gotten any better, plus I’m going through some marital issues. Needless to say, I don’t sleep much either.
They did an X-ray, and an EKG, and I was told everything was good. He prescribed me a mild sleeping aid.
Well, I stopped in to visit my mom and dad last night, and around 7:15 or so my cell rang, and it was my doctor. Knew it wasn’t good. Said I need to get in soon as they can get me a CT scan. The Radiologist reviewed the X-ray, and he noticed a lump 3 cm on my right lung.
Just thought I would throw this out there, this board is a good outlet most of the time for me to occupy my mind from the things I’ve had going on. As some may remember, about a year and a half ago, I mentioned my daughter’s scoliosis. That went great. She had a spinal fusion with rods, and her one year checkup back in October went great.

You guys were supportive then, and I wouldn’t mind you throwing any prayers my way.

Mac, my wife and myself will add you in our prayers. You stay strong man. Please keep us updated on your situation.

Reactions: Mac9192

Thoughts and prayers sent your way! Keep us updated!

Reactions: Mac9192
Reading this thread is both a little sad for what some are going through, and something that makes you smile as well. When you see the response of guys, who mostly haven’t ever met in life before, with such great hearts, it keeps the hope going that there will always be great people among us. This board serves way more than just a fan gathering spot and for each person, it may be something different from the next. But one constant I believe is, there are some great people that post here. I may be wrong, but the short time I have been posting, this board seems to be an extension of the real Duke Brotherhood. I’m so grateful I finally started posting. We may get on each other’s nerves sometime, but what family members don’t. I love this board!

Reading this thread is both a little sad for what some are going through, and something that makes you smile as well. When you see the response of guys, who mostly haven’t ever met in life before, with such great hearts, it keeps the hope going that there will always be great people among us. This board serves way more than just a fan gathering spot and for each person, it may be something different from the next. But one constant I believe is, there are some great people that post here. I may be wrong, but the short time I have been posting, this board seems to be an extension of the real Duke Brotherhood. I’m so grateful I finally started posting. We may get on each other’s nerves sometime, but what family members don’t. I love this board!
This hits the nail on the head. I can personally attest to how great this board is and how people you’ve never met rally around you when you need it. Best board on the internet and 2nd place isn’t even close.

Reactions: Duke937 and skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT