ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry to ask this

Laettner15

Cameron Crazy
Jan 25, 2016
Hey guys, I’m really sorry to ask this but wondering if you guys could throw some prayers to my family?

My 4 year old is having surgery on Thursday and just getting a little anxious with it. She’s a die hard fan just like her daddy and she always has to sit right next to me for every game and wear my hat (the not too late ones)

Also my wife is pregnant and high risk (we have had 2 previous miscarriages) so every day is scary times to ensure everything is okay. She had a procedure done to hopefully ensure this one goes as good as possible.

I’m aware people have it a lot worse then I do in life and I’m very grateful for what I have, but any prayers would be absolutely amazing!

Hey guys, I’m really sorry to ask this but wondering if you guys could throw some prayers to my family?

My 4 year old is having surgery on Thursday and just getting a little anxious with it. She’s a die hard fan just like her daddy and she always has to sit right next to me for every game and wear my hat (the not too late ones)

Also my wife is pregnant and high risk (we have had 2 previous miscarriages) so every day is scary times to ensure everything is okay. She had a procedure done to hopefully ensure this one goes as good as possible.

I’m aware people have it a lot worse then I do in life and I’m very grateful for what I have, but any prayers would be absolutely amazing!
Hare to hear this Laettner. Prayers sent and good luck.

Praying for you and your family

Damnit @Laettner15 don’t ever feel bad or guilty for asking for prayers! I am nervous and anxious for a bunch of stuff coming up in my simple life so I am glad you have pulled me back to reality. I will most certainly send my prayers buddy! Keep us updated please!

Don't apologize for asking, my friend. Some things always have - and always will - be more important than a friendly rivalry.

Prayers to that little angel of yours, and to the one on the way.

Prayers my man. Things like this put athletic competition in it's appropriate place.

Praying for your family. I hope your daughter's surgery goes well. I wish her all the best for her recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laettner15

Prayers sent! I can sympathize with you. Both of my kids had to have surgery before they were one year old. Thankfully for them, they didn't know what was going on so they didn't have the anxiety, but I promise Mom and I had enough for the both of them.
I'm sure that things with the pregnancy will go great as well! We'll have a new Duke fan before you know it!

Never be sorry to ask for prayers my friend, no matter how big nor how small. What you guys are going through is a big deal and I am praying right now for you all!

Laettner, one of my sons had 2 surgeries before the age of two. One was an open heart procedure to repair a hole in his heart and a valve defect at 18 months. As a 50 year old father of 5, married to the same woman for 25 years that was one of the hardest things I ever went thru. Even to this day I get emotional telling you about it.

I send to your daughter and your wife thoughts and prayers that everything will work out just fine. For you I send all the strength and courage in the world to be there for your family and be the rock they need you to be during these challenging times. You got this dad. Hang in there.

That little 18 month old baby boy of mine is now 20 years old, 6' 1" and 240. He's strong as an ox and has no ill effects other than a cool 8" long zipper scar on his chest that he uses to impress the ladies.

Alan

Tar Heel fan here. Rivalries aside, this puts things in perspective for us all. Prayers lifted up for you and your family. I pray your little girl will get through her surgery with no problems and your wife will get through this pregnancy with no issues as well.

I pray you will be comforted and find peace through all of this as well. As a dad and husband, I have been there, too. My wife of almost 25 years just went through uterine cancer, so I know what you are going through. Initial biopsy the first of December was negative, but we opted for the hysterectomy before the New Year since she had met her deductible. Day after Christmas, she has the surgery and the biopsy came back as cancer. In 2 weeks it went from nothing to cancer, but the doctor got it all, so she is in good shape. Still, right after the surgery when we found out what it was, we were not in a good place. She was in pain and having to be waited on, but the not knowing was way worse. And all I could do is try to make her feel better all by myself, as my boys are both in college.

Sitting on the sidelines and being a cheerleader is sometimes the hardest thing you do and people don't always realize the toll it takes on you. I pray you will find comfort during this difficult time. Hang in there!

Most of all, I pray you and your family will come through this safely and will be stronger for it.

Will definitely keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Nothing like little ones such a joy and a blessing! Cherish every moment they grow up way too quick

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT