ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry to ask this

Wow.... thank you so much everyone for the prayers. I am very overwhelmed by all the support me and my family have received from you guys. I know you guys don’t know me at all and I still feel like after all the conversations on the board we have had we are all friends. I apologize I can’t write to thank you guys each individually but please know the words, prayers and stories you have shared have meant more to me then you ever will know.

My wife went to this hospital today and good news is our baby boy is still doing great and healthy!

Tomorrow will be another hard, stressful, anxious day (my daughter hugged me tonight and told me she was scared) but I know with all your prayers she is going to get thru this stronger then ever.

I promise I will try to write each one of you separately to thank you as it means so much!

Wow.... thank you so much everyone for the prayers. I am very overwhelmed by all the support me and my family have received from you guys. I know you guys don’t know me at all and I still feel like after all the conversations on the board we have had we are all friends. I apologize I can’t write to thank you guys each individually but please know the words, prayers and stories you have shared have meant more to me then you ever will know.

My wife went to this hospital today and good news is our baby boy is still doing great and healthy!

Tomorrow will be another hard, stressful, anxious day (my daughter hugged me tonight and told me she was scared) but I know with all your prayers she is going to get thru this stronger then ever.

I promise I will try to write each one of you separately to thank you as it means so much!
Great to hear, prayers for your daughter and family!

Great news about your baby boy! Stay strong! Prayers continued!

I wouldn’t worry about individual thank yous. You have enough on your plate. We thank you for looking to us for support. The brotherhood mentality doesn’t have to end with the players.

Reactions: Laettner15
Yeah theres never a bad reason to pray for someone. Especially when it comes to the younguns. I got twin boys turning 2 today, and though theyve been healthy, every little thing that goes wrong with them causes me lots of anxiety. So I cannot imagine how it feels to deal with something tougher than that. Good luck, prayers to you and yours.

The DI Brotherhood has your back! Wishing you and your family all the best!!

Thank you everyone!!!! Surgery is done and she’s still a little groggy but the surgeon said it went great!!

Proud duke dad moment.... my daughter asked if she would be better to watch the next duke game on Saturday!!!

Great news!!!

Thank you everyone!!!! Surgery is done and she’s still a little groggy but the surgeon said it went great!!

Proud duke dad moment.... my daughter asked if she would be better to watch the next duke game on Saturday!!!

THERE you go, mofo! Things often have a tendency to work out. Congrats to all... take nothing for granted!:)

Thats awesome. I know how she feels. OFC

Can I add to the prayers list? I have an uncle who is beyond ill. To be honest, he’s pretty much drank himself to death. He has cirrhosis (spelling) and cancer of the liver. Doctors put him on the list for a liver transplant about 3 months ago. But told him that he was so bad off that besides a complete new liver, there was nothing they could do. Well about a week ago he went completely unresponsive. Has been on a feeding tube, just hanging by a thread. Doctors realized how dire it was and moved him to the university of Cincinnati. They have a whole wing that specializes in this king of stuff. Thinking it was a fast track to getting him that liver.

Well... about 3 hours ago my little cousin, my uncles son, called me and said he was gonna be leaving us soon. That it was too late. He put me on speaker phone so i could tell my uncle i love him.

My little cousin is a die hard Duke fan. The whole family jokes that I made him that way. The whole family is Kentucky or Carolina fans except us. Me and him actually went to the national championship game together in 2015.

Just pray my uncle isn’t in any pain. That he is in peace with the lord. Pray for my cousin. Pray for our whole family.

Thanks. Go Duke.

Laettner15, ongoing prayer for your daughter's recovery, for your wife's health and peace, for your son's ongoing healthy development and birth, for your strength and courage, and that you are surrounded by love and support.

Duke937, prayers that your uncle finds peace and closure, and that his family finds grace and healing through a grieving process surrounded by love and support.

Hope everyone is staying strong or has someone being strong for them. Prayers to both families. Go Duke.

Reactions: Duke937
Figured I’d post this in this thread, but I went to the doctor yesterday for what I hoped to be a couple minor issues going on. The main thing has been this weird situation where sometimes after I eat it feels as if the food doesn’t go down. No discomfort or pain, but sometimes relief happens if I can get a good burp, or sometimes I have to vomit. This hasn’t gotten any better, plus I’m going through some marital issues. Needless to say, I don’t sleep much either.
They did an X-ray, and an EKG, and I was told everything was good. He prescribed me a mild sleeping aid.
Well, I stopped in to visit my mom and dad last night, and around 7:15 or so my cell rang, and it was my doctor. Knew it wasn’t good. Said I need to get in soon as they can get me a CT scan. The Radiologist reviewed the X-ray, and he noticed a lump 3 cm on my right lung.
Just thought I would throw this out there, this board is a good outlet most of the time for me to occupy my mind from the things I’ve had going on. As some may remember, about a year and a half ago, I mentioned my daughter’s scoliosis. That went great. She had a spinal fusion with rods, and her one year checkup back in October went great.

You guys were supportive then, and I wouldn’t mind you throwing any prayers my way.

Trying to be positive, but the ol mind wanders a little.

Reactions: skysdad
Figured I’d post this in this thread, but I went to the doctor yesterday for what I hoped to be a couple minor issues going on. The main thing has been this weird situation where sometimes after I eat it feels as if the food doesn’t go down. No discomfort or pain, but sometimes relief happens if I can get a good burp, or sometimes I have to vomit. This hasn’t gotten any better, plus I’m going through some marital issues. Needless to say, I don’t sleep much either.
They did an X-ray, and an EKG, and I was told everything was good. He prescribed me a mild sleeping aid.
Well, I stopped in to visit my mom and dad last night, and around 7:15 or so my cell rang, and it was my doctor. Knew it wasn’t good. Said I need to get in soon as they can get me a CT scan. The Radiologist reviewed the X-ray, and he noticed a lump 3 cm on my right lung.
Just thought I would throw this out there, this board is a good outlet most of the time for me to occupy my mind from the things I’ve had going on. As some may remember, about a year and a half ago, I mentioned my daughter’s scoliosis. That went great. She had a spinal fusion with rods, and her one year checkup back in October went great.

You guys were supportive then, and I wouldn’t mind you throwing any prayers my way.

Hate to hear this man, and yeah, I'm sure your mind is going to wreak havoc on until you know something solid. Keep us posted and don't forget there's a lot of listeners here

Reactions: Mac9192

Prayers buddy.

Sorry to hear this Mac, I hope all will go well. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mac my prayers are with you my friend. Think positive. Everything's gonna be alright. OFC

Can I add to the prayers list? I have an uncle who is beyond ill. To be honest, he’s pretty much drank himself to death. He has cirrhosis (spelling) and cancer of the liver. Doctors put him on the list for a liver transplant about 3 months ago. But told him that he was so bad off that besides a complete new liver, there was nothing they could do. Well about a week ago he went completely unresponsive. Has been on a feeding tube, just hanging by a thread. Doctors realized how dire it was and moved him to the university of Cincinnati. They have a whole wing that specializes in this king of stuff. Thinking it was a fast track to getting him that liver.

Well... about 3 hours ago my little cousin, my uncles son, called me and said he was gonna be leaving us soon. That it was too late. He put me on speaker phone so i could tell my uncle i love him.

My little cousin is a die hard Duke fan. The whole family jokes that I made him that way. The whole family is Kentucky or Carolina fans except us. Me and him actually went to the national championship game together in 2015.

Just pray my uncle isn’t in any pain. That he is in peace with the lord. Pray for my cousin. Pray for our whole family.

Thanks. Go Duke.

Prayers sent. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT