ADVERTISEMENT

Something I've been thinking on a while and just want to commet on.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Like most of us I've been banned from posting on thr. To be honest with all of you when it 1st happened I was a little pissed off but that lasted for a brief period like a hour or so. To me it's a honor to post here and i also post a little on the College Basketball board. That's a pretty good board and i post a little different over there. It seems it's a little more difficult to be banned there than thr. unc71 -00 gives me a hard time who I really believe knows me personally. but some of the other unc posters and I get along pretty well. unc doesn't get a lot of ups over there IMO. It's mostly because of the AFAM thing and getting away with it. I wish some of you guys would check it out although we have a good representation over there. Now back to thr. A long, long time ago my good friend Heyman25 who I miss his post all the time told me not to even lurk there and he was so right. Some of the things they would call Coach K really got to me. I definitely deserved to be banned even if it did come mostly from what I posted here. I know I got log off and see what they are posting but for me it's better I not know what they are posting about Coach K or even myself. It's not a good board even to lurk on and I've got to hand it their mods by banning most of us it sure cut down on our thr quote thread. Let me say this though. Most of us know that one of their mods, Mike Irby is pretty sick and I wish him the best in his fight with the most evil disease ever to exist and that's cancer. No one deserves to have cancer and that goes beyond college basketball message boards and rivalry's. I admit I do enjoy my posting life more since I was banned from thr. I still love poking fan at unc and everything that has anything to do with unc but it's really all about Duke athletics and getting to know all of you and even some of you personally. Show is everything you see on this board. No show (pun intended) about him. he's the real thing and if you need someone to stand beside you he's the man. I've become face book friends with many of you and I cherish that. I'm proud to post with my son DukeSky85 and I know I embarrass him from time to time but that's been going on all his life and I could not have hand picked a better son. I really miss some guys who have stopped posting ere for the most part like spike and Heyman25. Maybe they will start back. Enough of my dsouth type post but it's just something I needed to post. OFC

Last edited:
I get where you are coming from. I don't post there because the few times I have lurked, it doesn't seem like very many of them are willing to have an objective, honest, and open conversation. I used to go to RR a lot , mostly just reading, because like you said about THR, I get really irritated with some of the idiotic things they say, and they don't usually seem to really want to openly discuss the game, they just want to slander whoever they can. Even their own fans. I only go over now when something happens that I know will have them torn up, just to get a good laugh.

I get where you are coming from. I don't post there because the few times I have lurked, it doesn't seem like very many of them are willing to have an objective, honest, and open conversation. I used to go to RR a lot , mostly just reading, because like you said about THR, I get really irritated with some of the idiotic things they say, and they don't usually seem to really want to openly discuss the game, they just want to slander whoever they can. Even their own fans. I only go over now when something happens that I know will have them torn up, just to get a good laugh.

Don't even go to RR. They are not relevant OFC

What I hate about UK is they think they have a right to hate on Duke and Coach K because for some reason they think they are justified doing so as they think they are our rival. They aren't our rival and never will be and I wish they knew that if Duke fans had a farm in Kentucky and a home in hell we would all sell our farms and go home.

Skysdad....you’re one of the best people I know. And I don’t even know you. Keep being you. We’re going on 12 years now.....you’ll always be one of my favorites. You’re even higher on the list than peckerhead.

Reactions: skysdad
Skysdad....you’re one of the best people I know. And I don’t even know you. Keep being you. We’re going on 12 years now.....you’ll always be one of my favorites. You’re even higher on the list than peckerhead.

Thanks dj. That means a lot. Wish old peckerhead would post more. OFC

I bet I've been over to THR less than five times ever. I just have absolutely no interest in them. Now, I will visit Rupp Rafters every now and then because watching the circus can be entertaining from time to time.

Reactions: skysdad
I've been on DI since 06 and when I see a user name I have perception of that person as I think we all do. I think I was on here just a couple of months before Show and I remeber when he joined thinking, "that dude thinks he such a badass" and it didn't take long to realize, well he is and I'm glad he's a Dukie. Dude has never strayed from who he is and keeps it real.

It's just crazy how I perceive each of you although I have never met you. When I see Skysdad post I am like, " Man that is one of the nicest dudes on the planet" and I honestly believe he is, even though I have never met him.

And Dattier....I don't have the words but I like you man, you kill me lol.

I think of how intelligent and mature our Mods are, I mean our Mods are off the chart, just the best. I could never be a Mod because I just enjoy cursing and using the F word a lot.

We just have a great community and proud to be a part of it, just some outstanding posters with great knowledge and good people. I go sometimes go for months without posting but I am on DI everyday checking it out.

Hope to see some posters come back like Rosh and Mark Gastinaeu. Too many to name but our board is the Sh!t.

As far as THR and RR, like I said in another post, there is no cure for stupid. What gets me though is that I have some UNC fans who are flat out great people and have common sense. You get some people behind a keyboard and they lose their Sh!t, go figure.

Wishing Mike Irby the best, that sucks. Outside of the lines we are all people on the same team, no matter color, religion or whatever freakin BB team you pull for. In the big picture we need each other to make this world a better place. Wish people would pull their heads out of their asses.

There's gonna be a day when we can all meet at a game or party somewhere. I'm getting settled in at a new condo we just bought and it has a pretty nice pool/clubhouse I can get at any time, may have to throw a board bash there next year, cook a pig and a few bushels of oysters and throw down. Hell I may even have to blacken some Mahi for you boys.

I've been on DI since 06 and when I see a user name I have perception of that person as I think we all do. I think I was on here just a couple of months before Show and I remeber when he joined thinking, "that dude thinks he such a badass" and it didn't take long to realize, well he is and I'm glad he's a Dukie. Dude has never strayed from who he is and keeps it real.

It's just crazy how I perceive each of you although I have never met you. When I see Skysdad post I am like, " Man that is one of the nicest dudes on the planet" and I honestly believe he is, even though I have never met him.

And Dattier....I don't have the words but I like you man, you kill me lol.

I think of how intelligent and mature our Mods are, I mean our Mods are off the chart, just the best. I could never be a Mod because I just enjoy cursing and using the F word a lot.

We just have a great community and proud to be a part of it, just some outstanding posters with great knowledge and good people. I go sometimes go for months without posting but I am on DI everyday checking it out.

Hope to see some posters come back like Rosh and Mark Gastinaeu. Too many to name but our board is the Sh!t.

As far as THR and RR, like I said in another post, there is no cure for stupid. What gets me though is that I have some UNC fans who are flat out great people and have common sense. You get some people behind a keyboard and they lose their Sh!t, go figure.

Wishing Mike Irby the best, that sucks. Outside of the lines we are all people on the same team, no matter color, religion or whatever freakin BB team you pull for. In the big picture we need each other to make this world a better place. Wish people would pull their heads out of their asses.

Thanks. We have as Coach K would something special here. OFC

There’s a lot of people who hate our board, but you can’t and won’t make everyone happy which is fine.

I won’t speak for anyone else, but since 2005 this board has been my Cheers when it comes to Duke basketball. And in 2007 when I lost my best friend in the VT shootings a lot of you guys who were here then were a huge support system. I still have the email @dukiejay sent me checking in.

Then meeting some of our posters in person has been awesome. It hasn’t been just putting names with faces, but learning personalities and perspectives, it helps understand where someone is coming from when they say it. Context is tough in a type written format.

So yeah I’ll be passionate, I’ll defend our team and fans and I’ll stand by my opinion through and through, but it’s always because I love coming to this board. Thank you guys for 12 great years and more to come.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT