ADVERTISEMENT

Sick and tired of this west coast start time.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
It's about 4 p.m. EST and it's gonna be at least 7 hours before tip off . I just can't take it. Next year I think it we should have a holiday tournament here in N.C. on a neutral site either Greensboro or even Charlotte. Have 16 teams. All cup cakes teams of course except Duke. No start times later than 6 p.m. EST. Nominations in for the other 15 teams. My nomination is for at least one other North Carolina team and that's East Carolina just so no one can say we have complete home advantage. No one wearing unc gear will be allowed in. All teams must be division 1 teams but remember , cup cakes. I want another banner . Nominations are now open for the remaining 14 teams .and the name of the tourney , OFC Invitational. .

1. Duke
2. ECU
3. High Point Panthers
4. UNC-Asheville

5. UC-Irvine
6. Robert Morris
7. Duquesne
8. Northridge

9. Occidental College
10. Hampton
11. Weber St.
12. College of Charleston

13. Ohio
14. App. St.
15. BYU. Hawaii
16. Santa Clara.

Ok we have a field. Who do we play in the finals if the way I have them grouped in brackets. The 1st 8 being one bracket and the second 8 being the other bracket. Should we ask guru gary-7 OFC

Last edited:
How do u think the west coast people feel watching every game so early

We are talking about a Sunday game with an earliest start time at 10:30. Yes I know NFL has a lot to do with it. There has to be a better way. Now pisgah whose the team you are nominating for the OFC Invitational. OFC

Let’s include the High Point Panthers. In 2-3 years they’ll have the finest small basketball arena in the state besides Cameron. It certainly will be comfortable with great dining options. There’s also going to be an attached hotel if you’re too tired to go home. Perfect for an OFC holiday tourney.

East coast bias, haha, and I subscribe.

Fortunately, I took this week off work and will be able to watch tonight. Technically, we're the primetime game and the one before us is the "B" bracket. :)

Reactions: pisgah101
It's about 4 p.m. EST and it's gonna be at least 7 hours before tip off . I just can't take it. Next year I think it we should have a holiday tournament here in N.C. on a neutral site either Greensboro or even Charlotte. Have 16 teams. All cup cakes teams of course except Duke. No start times later than 6 p.m. EST. Nominations in for the other 15 teams. My nomination is for at least one other North Carolina team and that's East Carolina just so no one can say we have complete home advantage. No one wearing unc gear will be allowed in. All teams must be division 1 teams but remember , cup cakes. I want another banner . Nominations are now open for the remaining 14 teams .and the name of the tourney , OFC Invitational. . OFC

1. Duke
2. ECU
3. High Point Panthers
HP is where I went to school , not HPU back then. Don't want to see them get killed, not that I follow them anyhow.

Reactions: DukeDenver
We are talking about a Sunday game with an earliest start time at 10:30. Yes I know NFL has a lot to do with it. There has to be a better way. Now pisgah whose the team you are nominating for the OFC Invitational. OFC

lol I agree with u I think it sucks but I will nominate my Pisgah High School basketball team with one caveat. Since we are a high school team we get to enter with an all-star team of some of our former greats which would put us on par with a low level D-1 team

If that dont count gotta go with UNCA

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

What? They just couldn't do something like first game scheduled for 6:30 their time and second game 8:30? Total bullshit. 6:30 isn't 10:00 am like the first NFL games. I have been steaming all day over this. Game will probably start at more like 11:00 and no way in hell I will be awake at almost 2:00 am to see the whole game. Pisses me off.

What? They just couldn't do something like first game scheduled for 6:30 their time and second game 8:30? Total bullshit. 6:30 isn't 10:00 am like the first NFL games. I have been steaming all day over this. Game will probably start at more like 11:00 and no way in hell I will be awake at almost 2:00 am to see the whole game. Pisses me off.
Do what I’m doing. Ignore all media and incoming messages until tomorrow and watch it then. It’s new to me.

I took some Tylenol PM last night at about 1 am. Just now woke up. I go to work at 3 am anyway. So I’ll just stay up until work. Not ideal to do this all the time, so let’s make sure we can stay in the East come March!

Yep I agree this start time sucks...I have to get up at 2:30 for work..so I probably won’t be going to sleep any after the game is over at 1:00 or later...I tried to nap today..but when your kids are eight and six it’s pretty impossible...

Good choices so far but we need some West Coast , South East, North East and Mid- American teams. OFC

Last edited:
I live on both coasts (part-time on each). Being on the West makes it easier because of this situation, although it can get tricky when a prime time game starts 7pm est/4pm pst.....

I live on both coasts (part-time on each). Being on the West makes it easier because of this situation, although it can get tricky when a prime time game starts 7pm est/4pm pst.....

Do you know of any cup cake Division I teams that would qualify for the OFC Invitational. OFC

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Let’s invite Duquesne University from Pittsburgh. That would take care of a north eastern cupcake. First game could be the Blue Devils vs the Dukes. A match up nobody would want to miss, a sure sellout. OFC

Well, the time does suck for most people (at least on the east coast). Worse than the time is that it's on a Sunday with almost everyone having to get up early to go to work. If it had been Saturday night, it wouldn't have been quite so bad.

Sky, how 'bout the Cal State Northridge Matadors? They certainly qualify as west coast, and they're not known for being a basketball power. Hell, the name alone should qualify them.

OFC

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
And the west coast people always bitch about how their good players in bball, football, etc., never get any exposure. Well no shit, keep scheduling your college football games at 10:45 PM, geniuses.

Ok we have the 16 teams. See my 1st post. What do you guys think. Awesome huh? We should be hanging a banner this time next year. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT