ADVERTISEMENT

Seventh to the Heels

I have to be honest, I haven't followed their recruiting much in the last year. Have they fallen this far? I think Woods is a nice player, but they are already talking about him dunking on Giles. They are celebrating a #35 ranked kid like he was top 5. I almost feel sorry for them....

Well, to be fair to them, their lone recruit last year was Luke Maye until Shaka Smart left VCU and they got the Williams kid....who was ranked in the 80s. This time around Roy has offered probably around 20 kids or so and he's been getting shunned left and right. So in that sense, yes....this is pretty big for them.

I actually think Seventh is going to be a pretty good player. He's also a guy who will be around for 3-4 years so he gives you that stability.

image_zps5ntih4qg.gif

Rather have Giles than Woods

Seventh is a nice, smart, hardworking kid. That's why this doesn't make sense, LOL. I guess he wants to be THE man right away at a featured program. He gets his wish, because he'll be the best guard there the day he gets on campus.

Fair to say he's got a little JP Tokoto in Dexter Strickland's body? Super athletic, can make the flashy plays...but not a shooter and needs to be more fundamentally sound?

They weren't going to miss on everyone forever. This is the longest stretch I've ever seen in recruiting with them, as a blue blood, unable to land a top 10-12, sure-fire NBA guy. This guy is a nice player for sure, but he isn't that. I expect that trend to end in the near future though.

Last year UNC offered schollies to 14 guys, with only Maye and Williams committing (a pretty ho-hum class). This year, they've offered scholarships to 22 guys, 13 of which have already committed, and three of those 13 signing with UNC. Duke on the other hand had 5 out of the 9 offers commit to sign with us in the 2015 class. For 2016, Duke has offered 10 schollies, 7 of those players already verbally committing, and 4 committed to Duke. 2/14 + 3/13 = 18.5%. That's right, less than 20% of the players that receive an offer from Roy end up signing with the Heels. Our percentage is 56% over the last two years. K more or less chooses who he wants - Roy, I suppose has to do a bet of begging.

Reactions: pisgah101
So he's going to ride pine his freshman year behind Britt and Berry .... then his sophomore year he'll battle for playing time with Jalek Felton. Even when he sees the floor, who is he going to pass to? Luke Maye, Williams and that stiff Bradley? Alrighty then....

So he's going to ride pine his freshman year behind Britt and Berry .... then his sophomore year he'll battle for playing time with Jalek Felton. Even when he sees the floor, who is he going to pass to? Luke Maye, Williams and that stiff Bradley? Alrighty then....

UNC...where players go to disappear.

OFC

Reactions: dbav and Dad2ze
Nice pick up but not the player everyone thought he could become a couple years back. I know he is a help going forward but I don't see him being the help they need.

You guys are cute. Is UNC landing the caliber of recruits we are used to? Not yet. But it is obvious that we are gradually having more and more success and getting away from the NCAA cloud. In the very near future, we will be landing the top 10s. 7th will be a great player, and this will be a very solid class for UNC.

You guys are cute. Is UNC landing the caliber of recruits we are used to? Not yet. But it is obvious that we are gradually having more and more success and getting away from the NCAA cloud. In the very near future, we will be landing the top 10s. 7th will be a great player, and this will be a very solid class for UNC.
If UNC does land a top 10 recruit in the near future you better hope he doesn't stay 2-4 years or it will be the last you get in awhile. See Harrison Barnes. 20 year academic scandal isn't helping but it isn't the only reason UNC isn't getting the talent they're used to.

Haha. Guilty as charged.

I just got to know. You have 3 post so it looks like the only board you have posted on is this one. What possessed you to start here. You've probably been lurking for a while. Why not go to THR. Nobody here really cares about your opinion. It seems like every couple of weeks or so we get one like you who has no business posting anything here. I really wish you would just stay with your own. But you are a Tar Heel fan. You can't help it because it's your nature can you. OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
Haha. I post fairly regularly on THR. I don't expect you to care about my opinion. However, as long as I'm not trashing posters here or Duke--and I'm not--I fail to see the problem with me commenting on a UNC thread. Duke fans post on THR with some regularity.

The day this board doesn't allow visitors is a sad day. He said nothing wrong whatsoever.

Ok dj I'll go along with what you have said. How long would one of us have lasted over at THR with something similar. OFC

Ok dj I'll go along with what you have said. How long would one of us have lasted over at THR with something similar. OFC
Yeah, if a poster from this board went over there and posted with a message regarding Giles using the tone that this poster did, what would the mods there do? Maybe he's come over here to get away from those morons, I don't know

Again, I disagree. If a Duke fan posted in a Duke thread on THR, and did not insult anyone or the team, I don't think they would have been banned.

65AC7B46-3799-40D7-A906-3A0360B2A996_zpsvpeomxvc.gif

So this ^^^^^ is what made you come up with a comment like that?

Reactions: Crank_it_loud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT