ADVERTISEMENT

Seventh to the Heels

65AC7B46-3799-40D7-A906-3A0360B2A996_zpsvpeomxvc.gif

So this ^^^^^ is what made you come up with a comment like that?
Nope. Have never tried the stuff. And odds are that what I said will come to fruition. But, as I said previously, we will just wait and see.

Define what you mean by great player. Do you mean like Kendall Marshall top-50 all-time NBA great?

Unc is still a ways off from where they were, and we haven't seen the last of the investigation.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Define what you mean by great player. Do you mean like Kendall Marshall top-50 all-time NBA great?

Unc is still a ways off from where they were, and we haven't seen the last of the investigation.
Preseason #1 and current recruiting class in top 5 or 10. That's so far off! Regarding the NCAA, men's basketball will be just fine. Promise. Mean it.

You know I'm kind of excited for them. Checked in over at THR and they are so happy. Bless their hearts. OFC
Sky I am so glad to hear you saying this. They are such a lovable fan base and they need everyones best wishes and true love.

Reactions: topps coach
The fact they haven't rendered a verdict yet should scare UNC. I think you may be surprised.
It might should scare some sports, but not men's basketball. There is a reason we are starting to land better recruits, and that is because it is slowly becoming known that bball will be just fine.

ECU, State, Georgetown, USC and UNC offers and they landed a huge recruit???

Harry Giles 16 offers...and you say you're landing top recruits??? Not saying Woods is not top notch but I've said it before. I'll take Giles over Woods anyday

Hole fans wettin' themselves over a Top 40-50 recruit...a recruit they fought USC for. How the mighty have fallen. No disrespect to the Gamecocks but who woulda ever thought we'd see the day that unx had to battle South Carolina for a basketball recruit. A recruit , mind you , once ranked much higher than his current position. An' not fer nuthin' , Duke just inked the number one class in the country...again. And they're not movin' past this NCAA stuff either. If they knew they were innocent , they'd have pushed for closure. unx has dragged it out instead. Lotsa whistlin' pass the graveyard goin' on in tarhole land.

Reactions: Dad2ze
it is slowly becoming known that bball will be just fine.

That is absolutely 100% untrue. unx fans keep tellin' themselves that as if it'll change the reality. BASKETBALL is the reason for all this. Pretty sure that says , "Notice of Allegations" in the top left-hand corner. MBB is specifically named ( as is football ) and the charge is LOIC. The only question is whether or not the NCAA will do what's required. True , they may not. Anything's possible. But this notion that "bball will be just fine?" If it were Duke I'd be crappin' myself. Seriously.

CRyvO1OWEAA55Fh.jpg

Again, I disagree. If a Duke fan posted in a Duke thread on THR, and did not insult anyone or the team, I don't think they would have been banned.
All your credibility is now gone. I was banned for saying JJ was the best long range shooter in the history of the ACC. Did not insult anyone or your team. Simply responding to a question.
OFC

Preseason #1 and current recruiting class in top 5 or 10. That's so far off! Regarding the NCAA, men's basketball will be just fine. Promise. Mean it.

I think this is a good win for UNC. Seventh is by all accounts a good kid, but he reminds me and many others of Dexter Strickland. They are similarly ranked, play the SG position (even though Seventh might play PG some). I don't mean that as a slam, but it will take more than that to get UNC back to where it once was, and I don't see Roy bringing in those players for a while.

My feeling is, good for UNC, but I will definitely take joy watching Seventh be just an above average player for Roy. I say that because Seventh is just an average shooter and we all know Roy cannot develop shooters.

To sum it up, good pickup for UNC...but it will take more than that to get UNC to a final four or a title.

Seventh Woods will be a hell of a lot better than Dexter Strickland , the Heels finally landed somebody, let em cheer. It's not like what's happened over there is going away, hell, even if they won it all this year that stench storm ain't going anywhere. I don't see them winning it all this year, it's basically the same weak minded team they had last season. I don't even know if they will beat our freshmen This year and I'm willing to bet large amounts of money we destroy them next year with that absolute monster class we've landed. Unc has way to many infractions, saying nothing will happen is wishful thinking at best.

Seventh Woods will be a hell of a lot better than Dexter Strickland , the Heels finally landed somebody, let em cheer. It's not like what's happened over there is going away, hell, even if they won it all this year that stench storm ain't going anywhere. I don't see them winning it all this year, it's basically the same weak minded team they had last season. I don't even know if they will beat our freshmen This year and I'm willing to bet large amounts of money we destroy them next year with that absolute monster class we've landed. Unc has way to many infractions, saying nothing will happen is wishful thinking at best.

Not sure if he's a hell of a lot better than Strickland. Seventh is more athletic but he's not as good a shooter as Strickland. In fact, Strickland, based on his Per 40 minute stats, would average 11.7 PPG for his UNC career. I doubt Seventh will average much more than that over his four years.

That said, I think he's a nice player for them.

It is true. And I had no credibility here as soon as it became known that I'm a UNC fan.
You do not come here with credibility, you E A R N it. You started at zero, and are now below that. By the way, is it true, as some parents at Woods school have told me, that Ole Roy promised Woods that he would be the starting point guard next year?

Back to Woods, his ranking dropped a bit in the last year, but I think he is a solid get. I think he was a top ten kid as a sophomore, but I could be wrong. Lower ranked, but maybe similar to Dexter Strickland. He will be a good athlete for them.

You guys are cute. Is UNC landing the caliber of recruits we are used to? Not yet. But it is obvious that we are gradually having more and more success and getting away from the NCAA cloud. In the very near future, we will be landing the top 10s. 7th will be a great player, and this will be a very solid class for UNC.
I may be in the minority here, but I hope you are right. A strong UNC program makes all of us better. But we want it to be a strong, HONEST UNC program.
OFC

Good pick up for them. They should be happy about it. We'll see how he works out.

Not sure if he's a hell of a lot better than Strickland. Seventh is more athletic but he's not as good a shooter as Strickland.
If he is a worse shooter than Dexter Strickland, he might be the worst shooter in the history of organized basketball.

Reactions: pisgah101
Is he really a worse shooter than Dexter ?!?!

Some stats I read, posted by UNC fans suggest his shooting will need to improve. He's a guard that shot only 58% at the foul line. I will admit, I'm not a high school scout, but I just looked at stats posted on the UNC board that suggested he needs to be a much more consistent shooter in college.

Of course, now that he's committed to UNC, they will put him up there with Wayne Ellington, but before he committed, they were saying he needed to work on his jumper.

Their words, not mine.

Some stats I read, posted by UNC fans suggest his shooting will need to improve. He's a guard that shot only 58% at the foul line. I will admit, I'm not a high school scout, but I just looked at stats posted on the UNC board that suggested he needs to be a much more consistent shooter in college.

Of course, now that he's committed to UNC, they will put him up there with Wayne Ellington, but before he committed, they were saying he needed to work on his jumper.

Their words, not mine.

Yet you insist he won't be any better than Strickland. I get it, you don't like unc , me neither, but Seventh Woods has skill and talent. Like some hinted above, how in the &@#% could he be worse?

Yet you insist he won't be any better than Strickland. I get it, you don't like unc , me neither, but Seventh Woods has skill and talent. Like some hinted above, how in the &@#% could he be worse?

Haha...funny. I think the best answer to that is because Roy can't develop shooters. He could be better than Strickland, but I would be surprised if he averages more than 12 PPG before his senior year.

George Costanza wanted to name his child Seven after Micky Mantle.
My name is Willard, so I know what it's like to take shit for your name. Too many rat references, and none of my ignorant friends ever heard of the great Brautigan novel, "Willard and his Bowling Trophies." A true classic; right up there with "A Tale of Two Cities."
OFC

My name is Willard, so I know what it's like to take shit for your name. Too many rat references, and none of my ignorant friends ever heard of the great Brautigan novel, "Willard and his Bowling Trophies." A true classic; right up there with "A Tale of Two Cities."
OFC
My brother is dead set on naming his first born Hieronymous, after Hieronymous Bosch the artist. I keep telling him this is a bad idea...

Will- Willard was and always will be a rat. A badass rat, but a rat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT