ADVERTISEMENT

Roy retiring

This is a sad day for college basketball. It’s a sad day for UNC, too....but like Roy, I don’t give a shit about Carolina.

In all seriousness, good for him. It sounds as though Roy doesn’t care much for the direction of college basketball....and I’m not sure many of us will fault him for that. He’s going to spend his golden years on the golf course, and I know I can certainly think of worse things to do.

Whether we care to admit it or not, he’s one of the best ever and left a clear stamp on college basketball. Best of luck to him in retirement, if true.

GTHC, GTH!

Next up - all the interviews of UNCheat Students and fans on Ol'Roy's retirement. Will be crying like they lost their dog.

Maybe he sees the writing on the wall and the direction that college BB is headed...transfers, paying players, social media, and other elements have come to the forefront, so definitely not the game he entered with and maybe one he doesn't identify with. Players are different now as we know...probably a good time to say adios with the good memories. I wish anyone who retires the best as I am envious of their ability to do so!

Reactions: sheyduke
This is a sad day for college basketball. It’s a sad day for UNC, too....but like Roy, I don’t give a shit about Carolina.

In all seriousness, good for him. It sounds as though Roy doesn’t care much for the direction of college basketball....and I’m not sure many of us will fault him for that. He’s going to spend his golden years on the golf course, and I know I can certainly think of worse things to do.

Whether we care to admit it or not, he’s one of the best ever and left a clear stamp on college basketball. Best of luck to him in retirement, if true.

GTHC, GTH!

i fault him. You really think Roy would be retiring if they were still academically frauding over there? But, player empowerment is where he draws the line?

But I’m not surprised. Roy has gotten players to stay in school longer than they should have and without that control anymore, he’s hanging them up.

GTHC, GTH!

Screw Roy Williams, he lied and cheated, I have no respect for that guy. UNC will be likable at this point moving forward.

Wow, shocking. I loathe UNC, but I respect this guy. Best of luck to him.

Reactions: rob5894
Roy losing control over players is a cause for retirement, not decades of cheating (if you’re keeping score at home).

Roy not being able to keep players longer in college is correct. He knew this was the new trend and got out while he could, he can’t compete for a title without top talent staying and said screw it. Basically he left the ship to sink because he couldn’t get his way. What an honorable coach.

Reactions: Quavarius
Good luck to Roy. For as much as I’ve disliked him for who he coaches you gotta respect him and what he’s meant to college basketball.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Nice timing on his part. Announce just before the Final Four so your talked about during the Final Four. Now you take attention away from the teams that won to be there. Gush - I guess Huckleberry will be in the Final Four after all.

Reactions: GAAP and Quavarius
I don’t know you tell me? Your the one that said with guarantee that it was Duke, UNC and UCLA THIRD. So now that UNC is open I was wondering was your info correct about Stevens wanting it!
But one have to think Hubert Davis is somewhere on their list. UNC grad,ESPN annaylist and is an assistant coach for UNC.

I’ve seen Hubert’s name mentioned a bunch today. Seems that’s who Roy and a lot of current and former players will be pushing for. Question is will the boosters who are not former players go for Hubert or want a big name who’s not a former Tarheel.

If this was K leaving Duke then his wishes would carry a lot more weight I believe.

I’ve seen Hubert’s name mentioned a bunch today. Seems that’s who Roy and a lot of current and former players will be pushing for. Question is will the boosters who are not former players go for Hubert or want a big name who’s not a former Tarheel.

If this was K leaving Duke then his wishes would carry a lot more weight I believe.

that’s interesting cause the media is saying it’s pretty much Wes Miller’s

I have no connections but if it’s a former Tar Heel then I feel it has to be Miller.

I can’t see it going to Hubert at this time.

If it’s not Wes, it’ll be from outside in my opinion.

I’m sure Duke is spotless too 😂
I doubt Duke is spotless. But, What the Holes did takes cheating to a whole new level. 18 years of running a dept. not just a class , a whole dept. that let athletes get by with minimal/no work to bring their scores up. Athletes that read on a 3d grade level=this from the whisleblower that worked in that dept.

And then to just skate on it . The NCAA should never , ever , sanction any school again for anything .

I think the boosters will be looking to a former Tar Heel. They seem to prioritize that based off the past. Dean wanted majerus when they hired doherty but the boosters didn’t want to hire outside their family.

Sad day for college b-ball. Roy has been one of the best ever. Always respected him. I dislike unc but respect them and what he has done for unc and duke rivalry. College b-ball has been going down hill for years. And it’s the game and level I love the most. Respect to Roy and wish him the best!! He is on the Mount Rushmore of College basketball.
When he had a good point guard. Felton Lawson his offense was something to behold

I wonder when he will start posting over at thr? OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT