ADVERTISEMENT

Roy retiring

Funny I posted a thread at the same time as you and our screen names are near the same lol. But yes it appears to be true.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
Bring back Doherty for another back stabbing?

Very interested to who Heels go after.

Reactions: hpnole
Just saw this. Daggummit, he knew Duke was gonna spank that ass next season.
Besides the academic cheating he knew about, I wish him well into retirement!

Not sure if that’s good or bad TBH. I could see them throwing the bank at someone like Brad Stevens and actually getting him. 🙄

Stevens told the city of Boston he is staying. With young kids I don’t see him taking a job where there are no ties. Dude will make money wherever he goes so that won’t drive his employment.

Happy retirement to Roy. He has had a great career. As far as the rivalry goes I am not sure if this a good or bad thing. I had heard in the past they would want to stay in the “family”.

Ok where’s the guy that said Stevens would leave for Duke or UNC? UNC appears to have that opening

I be doggone. Never thought he would go before Coach K. Who am I gonna poke fun at. Hope he isn't sick. Wes Miller will be the next coach. No problem picking at him . Don't like him either. OFC

Like him or not, they were usually good, except last year. So it's a good thing for us. I do wish him well and hope he's healthy.

Reactions: KDSTONE
If true, a good decision. K and Boeheim should as well. Of course, I wanted K to retire before this season. The game isn't what these guys are used to. They've had long, and good careers. Time to give the keys to fresh blood.

I’m not surprised. I could see a lot of older coaches calling it quits. The direction of athletics overall and dealing with this generation is getting harder and harder. Add covid....coaching is hard and thankless....takes away from your family a ton....I can see older coaches not wanting to be part of it anymore.

Sad day for college b-ball. Roy has been one of the best ever. Always respected him. I dislike unc but respect them and what he has done for unc and duke rivalry. College b-ball has been going down hill for years. And it’s the game and level I love the most. Respect to Roy and wish him the best!! He is on the Mount Rushmore of College basketball.

Are you calling me out? Awfully brave from behind your keyboard ain’t you?
No I’m not. I’m simply going off what you said. Now don’t get harsh about it. But if you prefer I’m not a internet troll or soft so if you can’t back what you said and want to get all insecure I can give you my address and we can chop it up like real folk . Now I thought it was just some fun back and forth but you my friend seem like your taking it personal .

So, transfers and NIL forces Roy to retire or no longer being able to take advantage of academic fraud? ;)

Reactions: GAAP and skysdad
No I’m not. I’m simply going off what you said. Now don’t get harsh about it. But if you prefer I’m not a internet troll or soft so if you can’t back what you said and want to get all insecure I can give you my address and we can chop it up like real folk . Now I thought it was just some fun back and forth but you my friend seem like your taking it personal .
Good post old pal. So please tell me who is on uncs short list? The whole board wants to know

Not a joke. And I’ll save mine also.

Roy was a phenomenal coach and one of college basketballs absolute all time greats. He put together one college basketballs last great teams in that 2008:/09 UNC team. He was simply amazing.
Next time I do post about him though it IS back to jokes.

Reactions: RHFD and CrazyHeel
Good post old pal. So please tell me who is on uncs short list? The whole board wants to know
I don’t know you tell me? Your the one that said with guarantee that it was Duke, UNC and UCLA THIRD. So now that UNC is open I was wondering was your info correct about Stevens wanting it!
But one have to think Hubert Davis is somewhere on their list. UNC grad,ESPN annaylist and is an assistant coach for UNC.

Last edited:
Reactions: KDSTONE
I don’t know you tell me? Your the one that said with guarantee that it was Duke, UNC and UCLA THIRD. So now that UNC is open I was wondering was your info correct about Stevens wanting it!
You got me shey. The timing may not be right now.

Reactions: sheyduke
I heard he was taking a job on the Nets staff. All jokes aside I've always respected Roy, scandal or not. He was one hell of a basketball coach and one of the best. Best wishes to Roy on his retirement.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT