ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.
So confident. Capel is out there telling stories and you guys think that's enough to make UK go 0-3?

Zion is just eating up the pub. He's always been UK's. Barrett has always been the swing guy. Let's see where he goes.
The fact you are over here acting like you are so confident tells me that you really aren’t and you just wanna come over here and blow steam because you and the rest of your fanbase is mad that Duke is absolutely kicking Cal’s a** in recruiting right now. As far as Capel running around telling stories, that’s a bunch of horse crap. Duke is Duke just like uk is uk. Don’t need to tell stories to get anyone to come play for Duke.

So confident. Capel is out there telling stories and you guys think that's enough to make UK go 0-3?

Zion is just eating up the pub. He's always been UK's. Barrett has always been the swing guy. Let's see where he goes.
Coming from the same fan base that once thought they would get Reddish, Rj, and Zion. Always so full of themselves. I’m sure after tomorrow Rj will be “overrated”. Just face the facts you’re being out recruited right now. K is all in on the one and done theory and that’s a problem for UK.

Reactions: jwill133

RJ isn't going to UK. Keep dreaming.

Hilarious how you kitty cats and Holes always talk about Capel "telling stories" or how he is shady and negative recruits. And you guys don't know shit. Talking as if you are there sitting in on recruiting visits and know it for FACT. Lol. As already stated, Duke is DUKE, simple as that.

Im not really sure your point tbh. Most feel RJ to duke tomorrow and no clue on Zion, but ive maintained that its either UK or Clemson.

Reactions: youknowit1
Yeah, Duke won two NC's within a five year span but Holes and Kittens always come with the witty Mercer and Lehigh recycled garbage. Well, ya got us there I guess....
Meh. Not really maybe I guess but hey at least it was in the NCAA tournament. I mean could you imagine being a 1 seed and losing to an 8 seed in the NIT? That would ABSOLUTELY suck

Zion is going to Clemson. Wait for the thread on RR that says "LOL at Duke for losing a recruit to Clemson!" And then another thread that says he is overrated and it was a blessing in disguise that he went elsewhere. Or, HE wanted to come to Kentucky, but his mother wanted him to stay close to home.

From that UK thread earlier this summer. LOL!

"Barrett is UK bound. Reddish probably wants to go to UK, but they're being told they need to avoid the same school and I don't think Reddish cares much for ratface LOL! What a problem to have. The #1, #2, and, #3 future nba picks wanting to play for the same school."

6 EclipsingYou, Aug 5, 2017

Here they were already sure Bagley was theirs if he reclassified. Ha haaa. Now their narrative is he went to Duke because he knew it was the only place he could go where the NCAA would let him be eligible! Waaaaahhhhhhh!!!! Lol.

"Getting those 3 would be Cal's biggest recruiting accomplishment ever. Probably any coaches biggest recruiting accomplishment ever. If Bagley is reclassified, that'd make that the top 3 players in the nation.

I don't think anyone has ever landed the top 3 in any class."

"True, even though their games didn't transfer as well as thought from HS to college. I have zero doubt Zion, Barrett, or Reddish have any such problem!

I want it to happen SO FREAKING BAD! Calipari's "Mona Lisa" of recruiting classes..."

4 EclipsingYou, Aug 5, 2017

"Barrett is UK bound. Reddish probably wants to go to UK, but they're being told they need to avoid the same school and I don't think Reddish cares much for ratface LOL! What a problem to have. The #1, #2, and, #3 future nba picks wanting to play for the same school."

Here they were already sure Bagley was theirs if he reclassified. Ha haaa. Now their narrative is he went to Duke because he knew it was the only place he could go where the NCAA would let him be eligible! Waaaaahhhhhhh!!!! Lol.

"Getting those 3 would be Cal's biggest recruiting accomplishment ever. Probably any coaches biggest recruiting accomplishment ever. If Bagley is reclassified, that'd make that the top 3 players in the nation.

"True, even though their games didn't transfer as well as thought from HS to college. I have zero doubt Zion, Barrett, or Reddish have any such problem!

I want it to happen SO FREAKING BAD! Calipari's "Mona Lisa" of recruiting classes..."

HilariousMenacingAchillestang.gif

Reactions: KellenPatrick

Just think if Zion goes elsewhere. They will end up with none of them. LMAO!

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
AlohaCat:
"Good points, but can you imagine IF we did get both Reddish and Barrett...THAT would be amazing!!"

And this may be what exactly happens for Duke. If Barrett joins Duke tomorrow, just WOW. Haaaa.

bucsrule8872:
"Barrett, Reddish, and Williamson at the 2, 3, and 4 should go to the Final Four.

That's numbers 1, 2, and 3 in the rankings (if Bagley successfully reclassifies)."

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball

What did you even stop in here for? You didn't say anything really, except let's wait and see where Barrett goes....we are already doing that. As far as uk going 0-3, nobody said that is GOING to happen....but it could. You know what CANT happen? 3-0.
Most likely scenario is 1-2. As far as being confident, why wouldn't we be....we've been kicking your arrogant asses in recruting. Oh by the way.....y'all going 40-0 again this year?

What did you even stop in here for? You didn't say anything really, except let's wait and see where Barrett goes....we are already doing that. As far as uk going 0-3, nobody said that is GOING to happen....but it could. You know what CANT happen? 3-0.
Most likely scenario is 1-2. As far as being confident, why wouldn't we be....we've been kicking your arrogant asses in recruting. Oh by the way.....y'all going 40-0 again this year?
Dukefan with the smack down

Reactions: DukefanKY
I'm hearing mixed reviews about how Cam, Tre and RJ could coexist. Some thing all want to consume the ball and have overlapping skills that would impede them all playing in the same back court.

I'm hearing mixed reviews about how Cam, Tre and RJ could coexist. Some thing all want to consume the ball and have overlapping skills that would impede them all playing in the same back court.
It would be interesting, that's for sure. Would be the most hyped freshman back court ever, I think that's safe to say. I trust K's judgement, we will make it work. When the #1 player in the country wants to play for your team, you let him play for your team.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I really don't understand why they are so arrogant...they talk about being the most storied and best tradition, but why? They don't have the most championships....they don't have the most final four appearances.....they have the most wins, but if you do the research, they started in 1903. There are schools that started several years after them that aren't that far behind them. If you look at wins vs how many years it took to get them, they don't even own that. Really the only elite company they are in is that they are one of only two schools to have their men's basketball team be handed the death penalty. What's all the hype? I really don't get their self given righteousness....I really don't. And they want to talk about other schools that get caught braking a rule like they've never been in trouble!!! Selective memory I guess.

It would be interesting, that's for sure. Would be the most hyped freshman back court ever, I think that's safe to say. I trust K's judgement, we will make it work. When the #1 player in the country wants to play for your team, you let him play for your team.

Yeah I don't know how you would ever say no....even if you didn't want them, take them and keep the other guys from getting them.

I really don't understand why they are so arrogant...they talk about being the most storied and best tradition, but why? They don't have the most championships....they don't have the most final four appearances.....they have the most wins, but if you do the research, they started in 1903. There are schools that started several years after them that aren't that far behind them. If you look at wins vs how many years it took to get them, they don't even own that. Really the only elite company they are in is that they are one of only two schools to have their men's basketball team be handed the death penalty. What's all the hype? I really don't get their self given righteousness....I really don't. And they want to talk about other schools that get caught braking a rule like they've never been in trouble!!! Selective memory I guess.
Jealousy is a dangerous animal. That's what this is all about. They know K and Duke is the benchmark. Let em whine, they are all scared with the possibility of how good Duke will be this season.

I’m not so sure that I’d put too much stock into those “reviews” because I read in one of Barrett’s blogs awhile back (after Reddish had already committed to Duke) where he said he believes that he and Reddish would be able to play together

Reactions: dukephysics
I’m not so sure that I’d put too much stock into those “reviews” because I read in one of Barrett’s blogs awhile back (after Reddish had already committed to Duke) where he said he believes that he and Reddish would be able to play together
I think the best thing guys like this can do is play together. It isn't like when they get to the NBA that their teammates will all be scrubs. Get used to playing alongside other guys that can really play as well.

Reactions: jwill133
I think the best thing guys like this can do is play together. It isn't like when they get to the NBA that their teammates will all be scrubs. Get used to playing alongside other guys that can really play as well.
I agree, they’re going to be playing with multiple talented players when they get to the NBA, so playing with multiple talented players in college will help them get ready to play with multiple talented players in the NBA

Imagine a Duke back court that has 3 players capable of the ball in their hands, passing, scoring and facilitating the O and all Fr? Crazy! But then to think the next layer will all be Sophs who could really contribute too in Jordan G, Alex O, and Jordan T.

A few points.

1. As stated, most of the guys on RR tend to justify missing out on signing a recruit by negative recruiting/Capel being shady/his parents wanted him to go to Duke/insert ridiculous conspiracy theory. It’s strange that they seem unable to conceptualize that kids sometimes want to go to other schools. It’s a bizarre inferiority complex overcompensating by making absurd excuses.

2. A cursory glance at RR indicates that they’re mostly obsessed with Duke. How many Duke dedication threads litter their board?

3. Barrett and Zion both likely know where they’re going. Reading the Twitter tea leaves is all but pointless. These kids are media-savvy. They know how to misdirect with ease. Don’t buy into Twitter likes or follows.

4. I wish them both the best no matter where they go. I’d love every great talent to end up at Duke. But, I don’t expect it. That’s what our friends at RR do, and it makes them look like petulant children when they don’t get what they feel they deserve.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/platform...pdate-final-predictions-college-decision-duke

It’s amazing some of the writers in this article act like children instead of professionals. Of course there’s one of them saying the whole”RJ likes UK, but parents dad likes Duke” crap.

Of course they are. The funny thing is, this particular form of petulance kinda bites them in the ass. After all, one interpretation is that, while this 17-year-old kid thinks Kentucky (or whoever) is the cool choice, his parents know better. Because, they’re his parents... and that’s their job.

That same reporter that you mentioned all said “Puke, I mean Duke” in his prediction. So much being unbiased

I’m not sure which particular pejorative is better. Puke or dUKe. Neither is particularly clever... slight edge to the latter, I suppose. Regardless, it just speaks to how ruined they were by that game in 92.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT