ADVERTISEMENT

Record and finish predictions

Seriousness...39-1 38-1 however many games it is we only lose 1....win everything

May be a dumb question but if we tie UNC we would split our games against each other? If so hell no!!! :)

Not necessarily. We could beat UNC twice, split with Virginia and slip up against say NC State and/or Notre Dame. Hope we go undefeated, but this conference is tough! Lol, just saying it's possible. I'm more worried about Virginia...

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Let’s get it on record. What’s our season hold?

We play 30 for sure games. 40 possible.

36-4 national champs with the number 1 overall seed. Win ACC tourney tied for first in regular season.

I’ll pin this thread. Let’s save it for the season.

Reactions: pisgah101
3 losses, ACC Regular Season and Tournament Champions, the team becomes culturally significant and must-see television with fast pace of play and tons of nasty dunks, get revenge on Kansas by beating them in the National Championship

There’s a lot to like about this current team. There was a lot to like about the past two Duke teams, as well....so...

What I like is there’s a point guard. No guessing this season and no making someone try to be something they’re not.

I think 14-4 and maybe 15-3 is doable in conference play. I’ll say one loss out of conference.

Hard to predict national champions for me, but I certainly think we’re among the handful of teams who should be favored to be there in the end.

36-4 sweep UNC, undefeated in Cameron, ACC and National Champs.

My detailed opinion below lol.

Yes we beat Kentucky. We don't lose in Cameron. We go undefeated for a while until at FSU January 12th then panic sets in for some of the fan base as we lose 4 road games
losses at
at FSU 1/12/19
at UVA 2/9/19
at Syracuse 2/23/19
at VT (I believe we have lost the last 2 in a row there) 2/26/19

This might put us as the #2 or #3 seed in the ACC Tourney (not sure)

Panic really sets in with 2 losses in late February but this team regroups wins the ACC Tourney and beats Kansas in the national championship to get the 6th banner hung in Cameron!

Reactions: dukesince91
I really am looking forward to watching this team. Unfortunately, the last couple seasons have made me a little nervous about being too bold with a prediction. I'll say we lose 6 games going into the acc tournament.
Not trying to be a downer, but Duke should look good beating a Div 2 team. Plus, we honestly don't know how we will react to getting punched in the mouth. We will face some really good teams this season. The kids better be ready for each game, cause we know every team they play will be fired up for us.

I was at the Elon game last year, and we beat them like a rented drum, and we know how watching that team was after that.

So, as much as I want to have high expectations now, I will just try to enjoy this season, and hope I'm wrong that we don't lose 6. But, I'll take 6 losses if it means we're peaking a week before the acc tournament. It would be so sweet to beat the Holes on senior day, and ride that momentum to Monday night in April.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT