ADVERTISEMENT

Probably the Best TE to ever live....

SUCH a better decision to pursue basketball. Go to the NFL, play for 8 years and get paid like Vernon Davis. Or go to the NBA, play for 15 years and get paid like Lebron.
Plus the less likelihood of brain trauma occurring. Kinda a big deal too haha

There's many many reasons to choose basketball over football professionally, along with what has already been stated....
-The NBA allows you to have a personality, build a brand, etc. The NFL is the exact opposite. They want you to be boring.
-Potential earnings. You can become a billionaire if you play your cards right in the NBA. Shoot, in the NFL, you will be lucky/fortunate to reach 100 million, unless your a quarterback.
-Popularity. NBA superstars are famous/icons/worldwide popularity. NFL couldn't be more opposite, again, because they don't promote individuality. ESPN recently did a 100 most famous athletes in the world piece. The NBA had like half of the top 10 guys (really was all NBA and soccer). The NFL's most famous athlete was Brady at like #29 lol.
-Basketball is cooler.
-Duke basketball is way cooler than any football program.

Whoever pitched Zion as a TE is high. He's an elite DE, that basically cleans out his divisions QB stable.
And DE's are starting to sign 100 million dollar contracts.
That said, he'll make more in shoe money alone than he'd have made in the NFL.

He may be a TE or DE but I would love to see him line up in the back field as a RB...

Personally, I feel like Zion would be much better off playing in the NFL than he would in the NBA.

I know it would be tough for him to wait out those 2 extra years, but I'm sure K could find a scholarship to tide him over.

Reactions: dukefan0492
That guy made a dumb statement. Football is much harder to project because many of big fast strong players energy up not making it. I think he’s have a good chance to be a good NFL player right now. All this is based off of him trying out for football now. If he would have started when he was younger then I could see it especially since his father was a football player in the conference I played in (his father was pretty bad at basketball thought)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT