ADVERTISEMENT

Zion calls ‘The Dunk’ a “7 or8”....

I love when Allison Williams (I think that's her last name?) asked Zion what he called that dunk and he was like.. "Uh. I guess a 360?" hahah

Okay, I had the 'in your face' view, the behind the back view, and now the 3rd view (from the side). This 3rd view includes the entire play, including the steal.

9zM7MzZ.gif

And yes, it is 'THE DUNK'!
OFC

Reactions: skysdad
What the hell is a 10 gonna be?? Hopefully he’s saving it for the final 4

A 10 will be when big luke maye is waiting under the basket when Zion zeros in. big luke goes up the block the shot and the force is so strong that not only does Zion dunk the ball but big luke maye goes through the basket with the ball. hof coach roy williams goes spastic yelling it's got to be some kind of violation. When replays show that Zion never touch big luke but it was just the force of the dunk that carried maye through the basket does he realize that big luke just got Zionized and there's really nothing he can do about it. After coming to his senses on the unc cheater u bench big luke tells hof coach roy williams that he ain't gonna guard him no more and to send in somebody from blue steel to be sacrificed. OFC

Last edited:
What the hell is a 10 gonna be?? Hopefully he’s saving it for the final 4
If Zion thinks that 360 dunk was only a 7 or 8 then there’s only 2-3 dunks that I can think of that could top it. 1) a tomahawk/windmill dunk, 2) pass off the backboard to himself dunk, 3 a between the legs dunk.

A 10 will be when big luke maye is waiting under the basket when Zion zeros in. big luke goes up the block the shot and the force is so strong that not only does Zion dunk the ball but big luke maye goes through the basket with the ball. hof coach roy williams goes spastic yelling it's got to be some kind of violation. When replays show that Zion never touch big luke but it was just the force of the dunk that carried maye through the basket does he realize that big luke just got Zionized and there's really nothing he can do about it. After coming to his senses on the unc cheater u bench big luke tells hof coach roy williams that he ain't gonna guard him no more and to send in somebody from blue steel to be sacrificed. OFC
Zionized?! Fantastic. Gonna be worse than getting teabagged by Bags last year.

Shattered rim at UNC.

LOL. hof coach roy williams would bill Duke damages citing vandalism to get back at Duke when the unc cheater u thugs vandalized the visitors locker room at Wallace Wade after beating Duke. OFC

His ten will come at the national championship game and he puts the ball under the basket and says,” Any question’s”

Honestly my favorite part of that play is RJ’s anticipation and then reaction to it. He was so pumped for his teammate and it just brought a smile to my face!
Yea the view from behind RJ is priceless. He was jumping before Zion was haha.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
Nah Diehard. The only dunk that Zion would consider a 10 would be a Tripple Lindy off an alley oop from the cows nest at Cameron. Luke Maye had that in his repertoire, but Roy wont let him try because it is too dangerous.

Last edited:
Reactions: consman
You know how in those superhero movies the strongest good guy shows up from the heavens and does a superhero landing (think Thor in Infinity War), and the landing has so much impact it causes a shockwave that knocks everyone within a 50 foot radius back like an explosion went off?

It's gonna be like that. It's gonna be just like that.

Agree 100%.....the dunk was great but I really enjoyed RJ's reaction more!

Can't quite see it, but when the camera pans right it looks like the other 2 guys behind the play were doing the same thing.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Any shot of the staff?

Am I recalling right- Duval did a 360 very early and it did not go well?

I read K’s comments, stating he approved. Just curious what his live reaction was.

How Fing lucky are we to have Zion???????

Any shot of the staff?

Am I recalling right- Duval did a 360 very early and it did not go well?

I read K’s comments, stating he approved. Just curious what his live reaction was.

How Fing lucky are we to have Zion???????

It's not just his talent. It's his personality, demeaner, love for his team mates and coaches and yes he's humble. Special kid we have here this year. I'm gonna savor every moment and if I ever run into hof coach roy williams I will thank him for not recruiting Zion and all the other players he did not want just because they aren't unc cheater u type of players. OFC

Not a dunk. But equally insane and logic defying ups. I appreciate the fan reaction too. Hand way above the box, head level with the rim, bottom of his feet at Javin's waist. Nasty!

*Picture didn't upload for some reason. Here is the tweet.

Agreed. It’s not just the dunks. I was at the TX Tech game. There was a play where a TT player tossed a lob from one side of the lane towards the other. I thought crap there’s an easy ally-oop for them. Out of nowhere Zion flies in and at the balls pinacle snatches it out of the air. It was absolutely rediculius how high off the ground he was.

"We've got to see [what a 10 looks like]," Williamson said. "I can't tell you yet."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...360-dunk-vs-hometown-clemson-tigers-rates-7-8
As far as game dunks go, on the collegiate level, it was absolutely a 10. I can't wait to see what he considers a 10 for an in game dunk. Zion is one of the most fun players I have ever watched on any level. He is getting up there with Kyrie and Steph Curry for me as far as you can't wait to see what they do next type stuff, and it only took 13 games at Duke to cement that.

Reactions: DukefanKY
As far as game dunks go, on the collegiate level, it was absolutely a 10. I can't wait to see what he considers a 10 for an in game dunk. Zion is one of the most fun players I have ever watched on any level. He is getting up there with Kyrie and Steph Curry for me as far as you can't wait to see what they do next type stuff, and it only took 13 games at Duke to cement that.
This was prior to the Clemson game. Hard to imagine many players being able to fill almost five minutes of legit highlights in 12 games.

Reactions: denniden
Did anyone catch the interview with Zion after the game, as he explained the dunk, the question was asked, did Coach K say anything to you about that dunk? With that great big Zion smile, he said yes he did, Get back on defense! :) :cool: Now that was a classic! What a great young man!
Go Duke!
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT