ADVERTISEMENT

Note to VaBluedevil33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. Evidently some coaches think he has D1 talent.

Not a problem! Enjoyed watching the kid.In addition to his ability to drive, solid handles- he has incredible range on his outside shot! Going to keep an eye on the young man.OFC

Why do u keep saying D-1 talent? Nobody ever said he wasn't

I am just going to say it. At a distance you look...you cant tell the difference between who is the fool? You or you. I have said many stupid things on this forum many moons ago. Why dont we get excited about positive things instead of putting Mac daddy down? He looks like a great underrated prospect in my eyes. Can not teach that grit. What is his name from Kansas that robbed us last year? One of his major recruiters were...duh...duh...dun Rutgers. Lol

Last edited:
Go back and read VaBlueDevil33 post. He said he was not D-1 talent.

Maybe I did say that...honestly I don't remember saying that but maybe I did...I did say VT knew he couldn't play there and I stick by that until an actual offer is given...and not this "they are talking to him" BS

If he does indeed go D1 to Rutgers or wherever I will gladly say I was wrong

You act like YOU are his dad taking offense to anyone that isn't kissing his tail and talking about how great he is

Maybe I did say that...honestly I don't remember saying that but maybe I did...I did say VT knew he couldn't play there and I stick by that until an actual offer is given...and not this "they are talking to him" BS

If he does indeed go D1 to Rutgers or wherever I will gladly say I was wrong

You act like YOU are his dad taking offense to anyone that isn't kissing his tail and talking about how great he is
I am not kissing anything and I am not his dad. I just hate to see someone down a kid for no reason. Since you have a poor memory here are statements you made. April 21,2017 in the thread with the title Grayson'a Replacement you said the following:
"I've seen him play a few times and he isn't D1 so no thanks"
Then on April 23 you said the following:
"He won't play major D1....maybe a mid major"
Then you said the following:
"They are but let's see where he ends up...and if he ends up there let's see if he ever gets on the floor"

"By the way my VT connection laughed when I told him someone said they were after him"

There is no reason to make fun of the kid. Stating that your VT connection laughed indicates a total disrespect for the kid. I took offense to that. I never said VT was after him, I said VT had shown an interest in him. That is something I was told by his dad. Hope this refreshes your memory.

I am not kissing anything and I am not his dad. I just hate to see someone down a kid for no reason. Since you have a poor memory here are statements you made. April 21,2017 in the thread with the title Grayson'a Replacement you said the following:
"I've seen him play a few times and he isn't D1 so no thanks"
Then on April 23 you said the following:
"He won't play major D1....maybe a mid major"
Then you said the following:
"They are but let's see where he ends up...and if he ends up there let's see if he ever gets on the floor"

"By the way my VT connection laughed when I told him someone said they were after him"

There is no reason to make fun of the kid. Stating that your VT connection laughed indicates a total disrespect for the kid. I took offense to that. I never said VT was after him, I said VT had shown an interest in him. That is something I was told by his dad. Hope this refreshes your memory.

Yes I remember now and sorry if things I said hurt your little feelings...let's see where he ends up...I promise it won't be VT

And VT has never been seeking him to join their team...as I said a courtesy since his dad played sports there

Pride can be a blessing and a curse. This has been going back and forth since Thursday. If only VAbluedevil would have said "ok VT is showing interest, I was wrong."

Reactions: hart2chesson
Pride can be a blessing and a curse. This has been going back and forth since Thursday. If only VAbluedevil would have said "ok VT is showing interest, I was wrong."
I agree. I played college basketball and have enough background to tell when a player has college talent. He has been offered a scholarship to play his senior year of High School at Oak Hill Academy. They don't take kids unless they have talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
I agree. I played college basketball and have enough background to tell when a player has college talent. He has been offered a scholarship to play his senior year of High School at Oak Hill Academy. They don't take kids unless they have talent.

True but are they really showing interest? Or does it have something to do with his dad playing fball there?

If they were really interested that much wouldn't he have an offer yet?

I want to THANK Ikc1234 for bringing our attention to Mac McClung....Enjoyed watching him in action, and think the kid can ball. I see DI P5 hard offers only picking up for the kid, by evidence of Hurley and Wojo's interest....OFC

Is he going to attend Oak Hill?
I believe he will be at Oak Hill next year but his dad says he has not made a decision yet. It will really hurt Gate City High School. They had the talent to win the state next year.

I believe he will be at Oak Hill next year but his dad says he has not made a decision yet. It will really hurt Gate City High School. They had the talent to win the state next year.

HUGE LOSS! I believe he had 67 in one game!

OFC

If he goes to oak hill that's bull crap. Stay at gate city and accomplish something with them mountain boys

If he goes to oak hill that's bull crap. Stay at gate city and accomplish something with them mountain boys

I don't think so. He has to make the best decision for himself and his future. In a way it is similar to when a OAD leaves Duke that maybe wasn't perceived as a "sure fire" guy, like Jackson his year. We can lament that he wasn't at Duke as long as we liked, or accomplished all he could while he was there, but ultimately he is looking at a bigger picture. If this kid's aspirations are high major ball, I don't think there is any question that the likelihood of achieving that will increase immensely if he played at Oak Hill.

I don't think so. He has to make the best decision for himself and his future. In a way it is similar to when a OAD leaves Duke that maybe wasn't perceived as a "sure fire" guy, like Jackson his year. We can lament that he wasn't at Duke as long as we liked, or accomplished all he could while he was there, but ultimately he is looking at a bigger picture. If this kid's aspirations are high major ball, I don't think there is any question that the likelihood of achieving that will increase immensely if he played at Oak Hill.
I think going to Oak Hill will get him much more national exposure and is probably best for his career but would love to see him stay at Gate City and win a state championship.

Mac just picked up an offer from Georgetown.

OFC

Last edited:
Just watched some more video of him and I've changed my mind. Kid is gritty and can play. I'd love to see us offer and him play and develop here for four years. I'm gunna take a guess and say he's a Duke or Kentucky fan

Reactions: hart2chesson
Just watched some more video of him and I've changed my mind. Kid is gritty and can play. I'd love to see us offer and him play and develop here for four years. I'm gunna take a guess and say he's a Duke or Kentucky fan
Not really. He has been a Va Tech fan since his dad played football there.

Reactions: pisgah101
Is Georgetown D1? Thanks for the info. I think this is just the beginning for a kid that VaBlue Devil33 does not believe has D1 talent.

No problem. Wish the kid nothing but more success. Enjoy the vid of him hoopin it up!

OFC

Georgetown while no longer a POWER 5 is still a BIG-TIME d-1 hoops program! They are trying to rebuild under new coach Patrick Ewing, and Mcclung could be a big part of that process.... OFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT