ADVERTISEMENT

Note to VaBluedevil33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for this young man

But my original post states VT has no interest and they didn't

Yes Rutgers is D1 and congrats on that but I didn't see any big boys knocking his door down but I'm sure you did

But again congrats to him for his commitment to Rutgers...a place the NJ kids don't even want to go to

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
Good for this young man

Yes Rutgers is D1 and congrats on that but I didn't see any big boys knocking his door down but I'm sure you did

But again congrats to him for his commitment to Rutgers...a place the NJ kids don't even want to go to
You said he was not good enough to play Division one basketball. Then you said he was not good enough to play for a Power 5 school. I said he was good enough to play Division 1 and that Va Tech had an interest. I believe Va Tech had a interest but not ready to make an offer. The only thing that is a fact at this time is he committed to a division 1 school in a power 5 conference. That makes you wrong. Please provide me any documentation that proves Va Tech had no interest. You have seen documented facts that back up my claim that he was good enough to play Division 1. The Va Tech interest is subjective. Until you provide documentation otherwise I will believe his father when he told me Va Tech had an interest.

Last edited:
You said he was not good enough to play Division one basketball. Then you said he was not good enough to play for a Power 5 school. I said he was good enough to play Division 1 and that Va Tech had an interest. I believe Va Tech had a interest but not ready to make an offer. The only thing that is a fact at this time is he committed to a division 1 school in a power 5 conference. That makes you wrong. Please provide me any documentation that proves Va Tech had no interest. You have seen documented facts that back up my claim that he was good enough to play Division 1. The Va Tech interest is subjective. Until you provide documentation otherwise I will believe his father when he told me Va Tech had an interest.

Ok next time you and I are on Blacksburg at the same time I'll let my contact tell you to your face they were never interested...if they were don't you think they would have at least offered?

And yes Rutgers is D1 P5 team and I was wrong...but Rutgers is closest P5 team possible to a mid major

Again congrats to him

Ok next time you and I are on Blacksburg at the same time I'll let my contact tell you to your face they were never interested...if they were don't you think they would have at least offered?

And yes Rutgers is D1 P5 team and I was wrong...but Rutgers is closest P5 team possible to a mid major

Again congrats to him
He was also offered by Georgetown University. I believe they are a Division 1 team.

Good for him!
now to be successful, he just needs to focus on three things...
His family, his religion, and the Green Bay Packers!!!
You just lost all credibility when you said Green Bay packers.....haha

I've never been more happy to have a thread I cared so little about die a slow and painful death. Good luck to whatever his name is....

He was also offered by Georgetown University. I believe they are a Division 1 team.

Hahaha

Virginia tech NO interest...none...zilch...nada

Don't care what his dad said(his real dad or really you acting like you arent) they never had any interest pal and didnt want him..hence no offer

VT and Georgetown losses are Rutgers gain lol

But again congrats to him

Last edited:
Nothing is "easy" in this world of college hoops these days it seems.....Although I like that particular match-up for us....OFC
No what's ridiculous Hart is people knocking this kid. He's better than probably 99.9% of the posters on this site, yet a whole thread has been dedicated to whether he's D1 or not. Who gives a sh%*! It's irrelevant to whether Duval would score 40 on him or not, whether VT wants him. Kick some butt kid, congratulations, you've earned it.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Good for this young man

Vabluedevil33
Do you still feel Mac McClung does not have enough talent to play Division 1 basketball? I guess all those teams with JV talent at least prepared him enough to score 47 points in the State Championship game and carry Gate City to a State title. Of course he broke JJ Redicks record for most points scored in a Championship game. Along the way he broke Allen Iverson's single season Va scoring record and he also now holds the Va record for most points scored in a career.

Last edited:
Vabluedevil33
Do you still feel Mac McClung does not have enough talent to play Division 1 basketball? I guess all those teams hth JV talent at least prepared him enough to score 47 points in the State Championship game and carry Gate City to a State title. Of course he broke JJ Redicks record for most points scored in a Championship game. Along the way he broke Allen Iverson's single season Va scoring record and he also now holds the Va record for most points scored in a career.
Mac McClung sucks.

Reactions: Dattier
images

It was bumped to the top so i checked it out bc i had no idea what it was in reference to. Silly me, i should have known this was a months old thread deep in the archives about a kid duke didn’t recruit and isn’t coming to duke and has nothing to do with duke, even though this is a duke board.

Seriously, someone started a 3 page thread just to pick a fight with another poster? Part of why I've been scaling back so much. This is just pathetic.

Wish I could get my 30 minutes back I spent reading it and goggling the young man.
Must confess I was impressed with him. Like the story of opposing coach yelling at him in warmups that he would never play for Hoyas but just sit on the bench. Kid went out and scored 44 points.

Reactions: timo0402
Wish I could get my 30 minutes back I spent reading it and goggling the young man.
Must confess I was impressed with him. Like the story of opposing coach yelling at him in warmups that he would never play for Hoyas but just sit on the bench. Kid went out and scored 44 points.
So you're Team lkc1234?

Not me. I did eat lunch in Gate City last summer on way back from Kentucky.
After last night’s effort I enjoyed watching one of the kid’s video.
It is about the size of the town in movie Hoosiers.
Today I am watching State 1A finals on local TV.
Seen enough college basketball for a few days.
Got at least 30 texts last night from UNC fans about the hip check .
Won’t watch a moment of the game tonight.

Vabluedevil33
Do you still feel Mac McClung does not have enough talent to play Division 1 basketball? I guess all those teams with JV talent at least prepared him enough to score 47 points in the State Championship game and carry Gate City to a State title. Of course he broke JJ Redicks record for most points scored in a Championship game. Along the way he broke Allen Iverson's single season Va scoring record and he also now holds the Va record for most points scored in a career.

Yes he will play D1 congrats to him

My original point was VT has no interest and no offer confirms that

Redick and mcclung played against totally different competition period

Saw mcclung 4 times this year...yes he is talented but imo I see no way he plays PG in college

But again congrats to the young man

Now can we please let this thread die

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT