ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the top 4 seeds in each region.

FearTheBeard

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2010
I don’t think the games tomorrow will influence seeds too much.

East
1. Duke (1)
2. Michigan
3. Texas Tech
4. Auburn

South
1. UVA (2)
2. Michigan St
3. LSU
4. Iowa St

Midwest
1. UNC (3)
2. KY
3. Houston
4. KU

West
1. Gonzaga (4)
2. Tennessee
3. FSU
4. Va Tech

Last edited:
Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
East
Duke
Michigan
Lsu
Kansas

Midwest
Tenn
Unc
Houston
Iowa state

South
Uva
Uk
Texas tech
Purdue

West
Gonzaga
Msu
Fsu
Auburn

I dont the commitee is going to give the acc 3 1 seeds when the sec had 3 of the 8 best teams the last month. Plus with a win Tom tenn will have the same number of quad 1s as unc with 2 less losses and they are ranked higher in the net

I'm still not convinced we are for sure getting the OVERALL 1 ahead of Virginia. They have two less losses than us and the committee may hold that against us. We shall see. I think we deserve the overall 1, but I don't that we'll get it. Time will tell.

I'm not great at bracketology. I just know that 2 seeds this year are ROUGH.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
East
1.UVA
2.Michigan
3.LSU
4.Auburn

South
1.Duke
2.UK
3.Texas Tech
4.KU

Midwest
1.Tennessee
2.Michigan St.
3.FSU
4.Iowa State

West
1.Gonzaga
2.UNC
3.Houston
4.Va Tech

Edit:DDidn't realize I had 3 ACC teams in the same region

Last edited:
We should most certainly be overall #1. It's baffling that Zags get #1 seed; it should be normalized with conference strength.

Duke will get the east. Uva isn’t a top 4 team. They should be fine with the south or midwest.

Just FYI for those not aware, there are some rules about placing teams that are in the same conference. Well, there are a lot of rules, but there are several examples of violations above.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-19/how-field-68-teams-picked-march-madness
"Each of the first four teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions if they are seeded on the first four lines."
So, Duke, UVA, UNC, and Florida State or VaTech (whichever is ranked higher by the committee), will NOT be in the same region as they are all likely going to be a 4 or higher. Likewise for KU, Texas Tech, KState. Also for Tennessee and Kentucky.
It's one of the thing Kentucky fans complain about that the committee is biased because Duke and UNC are never in the same region. Well, most years, they cannot be.

I'm still not convinced we are for sure getting the OVERALL 1 ahead of Virginia. They have two less losses than us and the committee may hold that against us. We shall see. I think we deserve the overall 1, but I don't that we'll get it. Time will tell.

There is no question Duke is #1 overall. No question.

Don’t think it’s even debatable that we are getting overall 1 seed. The writing is on the wall and on the scoreboard.

Reactions: Defector
Just FYI for those not aware, there are some rules about placing teams that are in the same conference. Well, there are a lot of rules, but there are several examples of violations above.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-19/how-field-68-teams-picked-march-madness
"Each of the first four teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions if they are seeded on the first four lines."
So, Duke, UVA, UNC, and Florida State or VaTech (whichever is ranked higher by the committee), will NOT be in the same region as they are all likely going to be a 4 or higher. Likewise for KU, Texas Tech, KState. Also for Tennessee and Kentucky.
It's one of the thing Kentucky fans complain about that the committee is biased because Duke and UNC are never in the same region. Well, most years, they cannot be.
Good to know. ACC May make it difficult and cause other teams to be moved bc of this rule.

1. Duke
2. Shit? Duke is our 1!!
3. Hey! Our highest seed ever!
4. We lost to a 13

1. Virginia
2. Thank god we don’t have to worry about playing UVA
3. We should have been a 2!!
4. We should have been a 6!!

1. We didn’t deserve it because of our conference
2. Thank God we got Gonzaga as our 1.
3. We lost to a 6 seed
4. ACC Runner UPS

1. SEC Team not named Kentucky
2. We got the SEC team not named Kentucky!!!
3. Dukes gonna win it anyway
4. We took a 737 MAX B

Who do we want as the two? I want MSU or Michigan. Would prefer to avoid Zags, KY or Tenn until final 4.

Who do we want as the two? I want MSU or Michigan. Would prefer to avoid Zags, KY or Tenn until final 4.
I think we get one of those two. We won't get the Zags - if they are a 2 they will be the highest rated 2 (or the second highest), so us as the overall #1 won't get them. If Michigan is a 2, I think that's who we get.

We’re definitely #1 overall in East
UVA is a lock for a #1
Gonzaga I’m 75% sure will be a #1
Gonzaga doesn’t deserves it. They beat St Marys by 48 points a month ago with their starters playing 25 minutes. Then turn around and lose a month later.

I hate admitting that UNC deserves the final #1 seed but it’s the truth. The ACC is not only elite at the top (2 locked #1 seeds) but there’s also 4 other top25 teams. Along with 2 bubble teams. Unfortunately, if MSU wins the B1G they’ll probably get robbed of it. I know most are thinking UT would be ahead of MSU but 3 of their 4 losses are within the past month.

29nt3ls.jpg

This is what I don’t want. I know Kansas has been sucking it up since losing Azubuike but they’re hot and cold. They remind me of us without Zion. Capable of losing to anyone but also capable of beating anyone. Don’t like it.

Michigan started the season off 17-0. Destroying everyone. B1G style of play sucks and they fell off in conference... I don’t want to reckon with em in the E8. Gimme anyone else.

If Lunardi is correct, the East bracket is pretty tough. And kudos to the ACC (even the UNCheats and their fake classes :)) for possibly getting 3 one seeds.

29nt3ls.jpg

This is what I don’t want. I know Kansas has been sucking it up since losing Azubuike but they’re hot and cold. They remind me of us without Zion. Capable of losing to anyone but also capable of beating anyone. Don’t like it.

Michigan started the season off 17-0. Destroying everyone. B1G style of play sucks and they fell off in conference... I don’t want to reckon with em in the E8. Gimme anyone else.
Kansas wouldn’t get past auburn.

I’ll take Michigan over Tennessee. Would prefer MSU if I had my druthers. Michigan can struggle to score, is bad from the line and I think it’s a total athlete mismatch.

I wouldn't mind that bracket at all.
Washington is not good at all. The Pac12 is a complete joke. I haven't seen Seton Hall.
Kansas is trash. This is the worst Kansas team in years. The only way we lose to them is if we completely look past them. Zion could score 50 on them. (and I wouldn't be surprised if they get knocked out early)
Of the top 3 teams in the SEC, I'd most want to see LSU.
If you swap out Michigan State for Michigan, since we know K owns Izzo, then I don't know if I could draw up a better region.

I don't want Washington in the second round. Yes they lost last night but they are easily the best team in the Pac 12, (which isn't good I know) are veteran, athletic, well coached by Mike Hopkins, play a zone, and they have upperclassman. They are Syracuse west. We would beat them but they would make us sweat.

29nt3ls.jpg

I have to disagree. I hope we get KU. They really are not that good. Their backcourt is not near as good as past years and they're thin in the front court.

Last edited:
KU in the second round would make me nervous. I'm assuming they would be a higher seed than that.

29nt3ls.jpg

Get prepared for Duke to get ****ed roraly by the committee, while unc rides off into a cakewalk bracket.

Reactions: christophero
The ESPN bracket prediction doesn’t seem favorable to me..I wouldn’t want to play Auburn in the Sweet 16 that would be a mighty tough game followed my Michigan and their zone which we have proven we can’t really shoot so well...Those would be two extremely tough games just to get to the Final Four IMO..

No easy games in this tournament except for the #1 seeds against the #16 seeds

Yeah I know uva lost to one last year but imo it was a complete fluke...but I loved every second of it lol

Any 2nd round match ups for anyone will be tough...it's why it's called March "madness"

Auburn is now playing to potential. They’re going to be a scary 3ish seed!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT