ADVERTISEMENT

Potential portal players

You are right. Besides, how does Ifaze claim to know what WE know? His posts sure do not show it. I like his elementary school stab at poetry, however. Just to make it clear, I have no clue as to what he thinks he knows, if anything. Maybe we are all in the dark. OFC
I clearly stated…for people like you all that K is smarter than me..I mean I can paint a picture any clealer for you sheep to comphrend. Idk how else to clearly give an opinion that floats you all’s boat any better . I’m sorry. From the bottom of my anus:)

I clearly stated…for people like you all that K is smarter than me..I mean I can paint a picture any clealer for you sheep to comphrend. Idk how else to clearly give an opinion that floats you all’s boat any better . I’m sorry. From the bottom of my anus:)
Isn't that what you talk out of?

Reactions: IFaZe
Grandison was on campus Thursday. He may still be there. I checked DBR and no news yet. I have read up on him and the consensus seems to be he is more of a 3 than a 2.

Last edited:
Grandison was on campus Thursday. He may still be there. I checked DBR and no news yet. I have read up on him and the consensus seems to be he is more of a 3 then a 2.
Yeah, but I think he could be used interchangeably like say a Wendell between the 2 and 3. I have nothing new to report either.

OFC

Reactions: christophero
He would definitely be an upgrade over Baker. I'd be thrilled to have him. I like Baker but he never seemed comfortable in games. I thought he would transfer to a smaller school, not Michigan. Michigan has an opening at the wing, but they may take Baker and someone else.

Last edited:
I've also heard Georgia which might make more sense, as they have been bad. But that's still the SEC. My guess (and we'll likely never know) is that Joey was peeved that the plan was to move Proctor up regardless, and seeing AJ get wined and dined as a wing probably rubbed him the wrong way. But It's just speculation.

Last edited:
Yeah, who knows Chris?? It was all really weird. He didn't play on Senior day which I took as a sign that at that point he told the staff he was coming back the next year. Then we heard about he injury and surgery after the season which I took as the reason he didn't play much towards the end of the year. Then he entered the portal and I realized I don't know Jack.

We never do know, given the wall of silence at Duke. (not that they owe us anything, but it is a thing) Baker prob. knew Keels was 90% gone, and figured at most we'd get one transfer. But then he hears about Proctor and AJ Green. Or maybe Jon sat him down and flat out told him we'd be pursuing wing transfers aggressively. Agreed the timeline is odd. Joey announcing he was returning and then a month later announcing he is transferring suggests he was not happy with something.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
We never do know, given the wall of silence at Duke. (not that they owe us anything, but it is a thing) Baker prob. knew Keels was 90% gone, and figured at most we'd get one transfer. But then he hears about Proctor and AJ Green. Or maybe Jon sat him down and flat out told him we'd be pursuing wing transfers aggressively. Agreed the timeline is odd.
Well it was "odd" in the sense it was just announced a month prior he would be back. We may never know- they don't call it Ft.Knox for nothing. OFC

Let's just lock down Grandison. If we do I'd put us around #5 preseason. DBR reporting that if Grandison doesn't commit right away he will likely go elsewhere. Makes sense as that is usually the case. Green was pondering the NBA draft. (that is a Steward level blunder right there imo)

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
No news that I can find anywhere. I do think that it won't be long. People are going to want the next phase of their career to get started. I have no idea if Grandison would start but I definitely could see him being very important in a small ball lineup when Duke needs to go that route. Roach, Proctor, DW, Grandison, and Flip would be a nice lineup at times.

Let's just lock down Grandison. If we do I'd put us around #5 preseason. DBR reporting that if Grandison doesn't commit right away he will likely go elsewhere. Makes sense as that is usually the case. Green was pondering the NBA draft. (that is a Steward level blunder right there imo)
Chris this was only thing I could find, and it was this morning:

OFC

I'm gonna go for a hike. Hopefully there will be a welcome to Duke Grandison thread up and running when I get back. More likely just more speculating haha.

• Haha
Reactions: hart2chesson
Baker left because one he graduated and two I think he figured it was time for him to actually get a fresh start. Let’s be honest, if you stayed four years at a school barely playing and they were recruiting over you don’t you think you’d move on ?
I know posters are tired of me saying this but should grandison come and proctor reclassing one of Schutts or Blake’s is odd man out . Should one of them bolt for the portal after the season Duke will be in the same boat again except even younger.

Baker left because one he graduated and two I think he figured it was time for him to actually get a fresh start. Let’s be honest, if you stayed four years at a school barely playing and they were recruiting over you don’t you think you’d move on ?
I know posters are tired of me saying this but should grandison come and proctor reclassing one of Schutts or Blake’s is odd man out . Should one of them bolt for the portal after the season Duke will be in the same boat again except even younger.
Shey good post! Yes, I totally agree with you on Joey. I think in April his thinking was,"OK, Trevor is probably leaving. Maybe I will get a shot at a starting job." Boom, Green was brought in for visit, and Joey bolts.Makes sense.

Yes, I have been thinking about the vulnerability of losing Blakes/Schutt if Grandison comes on board. We do IMMEDIATELY become younger if it occurs. However, we can go to the portal, and presto we're older again. I am willing to roll the dice.

Normally I would be in favor in developing Schutt and Blakes, but the youth of our team makes me think we need one more transfer. Even our youngest teams had a few guys back to show the way. If we had signed Green that is a senior and a junior in the backcourt. Plus we also just lost Baker our only senior with Duke experience. So I really want Grandison for that reason. I do think that Schutt will play if he is as good a shooter as his reputation. Blakes is probably the guy who gets lost in the shuffle if we add a transfer.

I actually think it’s Schutt that gets lost . Blake’s can play combo and will be needed .
Jon is high on Blakes, he'll get his shot. Roach, Blakes, Proctor, Schutt, Whitehead, Mitchell, Catchings, Flip, Young, and Lively are the guys right now who will see time. Adding Grandison wouldn't be a bad thing for our VERY young backcourt, minus Roach.

You just listed our entire roster lol. Hot take there. :) I do think we add one more transfer. If we whiff on Grandison, then a lower rated shooter. Joe Rothstein reporting that Grandison will play at Duke FWIW. That would be awesome news! (still rumor at this point) He's quoting Kedrick Prince, an Illinois recruiting guy. Has not been confirmed.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
You just listed our entire roster lol. Hot take there. :) I do think we add one more transfer. If we whiff on Grandison, then a lower rated shooter. Joe Rothstein reporting that Grandison will play at Duke FWIW. That would be awesome news! (still rumor at this point) He's quoting Kedrick Prince, an Illinois recruiting guy. Has not been confirmed.
Well, the guys on the roster who'll see actual time, haha I hope we got him!

Grandison is the missing piece to a championship run imo. Him and Proctor added to Roach and we have one the best backcourts in the country. Going hiking; if I see another Welcome To Duke thread that is fake I am ignoring you all hahaha

Last edited:
I'd be happy if we get him, but would also be okay with going with what we have and playing Schutt and Blakes. I would love it if this team could make a run, but I don't see it with this group, with or without Grandison. Hopefully I'm wrong on that, and you never know who could get hot at the right time.

Grandison is 23 and has shot 41 percent the last 2 years. Getting him would make our team a lot better and eliminate some questions. We would still be young, but possibly could have a junior and 3 seniors in the rotation. This might leave Catchings out of the rotation but Grand is better.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT