ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Gameball Duke vs. Louisville

Who gets the Gameball?

• Grayson "Slammin" Allen: 28 pts - 2 reb - 3 ast - 2 stl

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • Wendell "Bags Who?" Carter, Jr.: 18 pts - 9 reb - 6 ast!! - 3 blk

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Trevon Duval: 6 pts - 6 reb - 4 ast - 5 stl!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Javin Delaurier: 5 pts - 8 reb - 1 ast - 1 stl - 1 blk

• Gary Trent, Jr.: 11 pts - 3 reb - 1 stl

• Jack "That's a Fact" White: 4 pts - 5 reb

• Marques Bolden: 8 pts - 5 reb - 1 blk

• Total voters
Grayson, hands down.

I just really liked what I saw from Javin (except for fouls). He is so active in there. If he could just get rid of the stupid fouls from his arsenal he would be a much more valuable player.

Grayson not even close, but this feels like a team game ball game as everyone had real nice moments and contributed.

Grayson not even close, but this feels like a team game ball game as everyone had real nice moments and contributed.

It did feel more like team ball than lots of our games. Hence me putting many players on the list. Love to be able to list lots of people even though choices may be obvious.

Carter. Look at that mans stats. He led the team in rebounds assists and blocks. He made a difference on both ends. That dude is a monster. Been my favorite player since earlier in the season.

Carter. Look at that mans stats. He led the team in rebounds assists and blocks. He made a difference on both ends. That dude is a monster. Been my favorite player since earlier in the season.
Your bias against Grayson is alarming and embarrassing....

Sincerely,
The guy who is well aware there is already a general bias for Grayson on this board because he is a senior, and tries to make sure everyone else gets there props too.

I want to give it to Grayson and Carter. The leadership and shooting of Allen, combined with Carter's 18-9-6 stats on only 10 shots. These 2 are one heckuva combo.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
I'm with jwill. I think Grayson often gets a lot of credit on this board beyond what the freshman would get for similar effort/results. But in this particular case, Grayson gets the game ball and it's not all that close . Wendell was a BEAST last night but this game was Grayson's.

That said, I freaking love how consistently great Wendell is. I love how he takes his time and gathers himself then goes up strong. I love how strong he is with the ball in general. I love how he jumps straight up on D to block shots and then uses his superior quickness while in the air to adjust and either block or alter shots. I love his variety of post moves. That kid is a special freshman, that's for sure.

Reactions: jwill133
Your bias against Grayson is alarming and embarrassing....

Sincerely,
The guy who is well aware there is already a general bias for Grayson on this board because he is a senior, and tries to make sure everyone else gets there props too.

I actually like Grayson but it's crazy how people blame others for his bad play in the season. Maybe they should blame Coach K. We know that won't happen though. I don't kiss anyone's butt. I tell it like it is. Just not how I do. If you notice the only time I do this is when a thread comes up blaming someone else for something such as Bagley and Duval.

But anyway did you not see the impact made on both sides of the floor by Carter. He was efficient on offense and blocked/altered A LOT of shots on defense. Not to mention he had 6 assists. Come on now. Yes Grayson scored but Carter did everything

I actually like Grayson but it's crazy how people blame others for his bad play in the season. Maybe they should blame Coach K. We know that won't happen though. I don't kiss anyone's butt. I tell it like it is. Just not how I do. If you notice the only time I do this is when a thread comes up blaming someone else for something such as Bagley and Duval.

But anyway did you not see the impact made on both sides of the floor by Carter. He was efficient on offense and blocked/altered A LOT of shots on defense. Not to mention he had 6 assists. Come on now. Yes Grayson scored but Carter did everything
Look, I get it. 2 weeks ago I was more than annoyed with certain people blaming everyone on Grayson's struggles, acting like everyone should bow to him and follow his lead while he was the one playing terrible and holding this team back. But, the dude is balling right now, and deserves all the recognition he is getting.

Carter is the best defensive player we got and is also our most consistent guy, but Grayson played on another level last night.

Look, I get it. 2 weeks ago I was more than annoyed with certain people blaming everyone on Grayson's struggles, acting like everyone should bow to him and follow his lead while he was the one playing terrible and holding this team back. But, the dude is balling right now, and deserves all the recognition he is getting.

Carter is the best defensive player we got and is also our most consistent guy, but Grayson played on another level last night.

Grayson played the way I expect him to play. We've seen him do this many times. Carter effected the game on both ends. He scored, passed and defended at a high level.

You don't have the mental capacity to see the whole picture. Most people were disappointed in Allen's scoring earlier, I know I was. To lay Duke's problems solely at his feet is asinine though. The only thing you are correct about is Carter. That kid is special. You're pretty much out in left field on the rest of your thinking. The problem is you're supposed to be in right field.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
You don't have the mental capacity to see the whole picture. Most people were disappointed in Allen's scoring earlier, I know I was. To lay Duke's problems solely at his feet is asinine though. The only thing you are correct about is Carter. That kid is special. You're pretty much out in left field on the rest of your thinking. The problem is you're supposed to be in right field.

His lack of scoring early was a reason we lost though. That's a fact. We are 1-4 when he doesn't score in double digits. Once again my thing is most of you blaming Duval or Bagley for Grayson not playing well. That's when my issue came. Now all this talk about we're better without Bagley is just dumb. As the senior Grayson was supposed to lead earlier in the year and he didn't. He played passive in big games. That's not the Grayson I know. So, he has to get the most blame being that he's the captain and his play was not good for a long stretch

His lack of scoring early was a reason we lost though. That's a fact. We are 1-4 when he doesn't score in double digits. Once again my thing is most of you blaming Duval or Bagley for Grayson not playing well. That's when my issue came. Now all this talk about we're better without Bagley is just dumb. As the senior Grayson was supposed to lead earlier in the year and he didn't. He played passive in big games. That's not the Grayson I know. So, he has to get the most blame being that he's the captain and his play was not good for a long stretch

It's a team game.

Reactions: Mac9192
My game ball goes to Grayson. His leadership and willingness to get everyone involved is off the charts right now. His scoring is not too shabby either ;)!
Carter was exceptional again last night, and he and Grayson are becoming a very nice compliment to each other.
Shout out to the entire team, what an effort by everyone.
Go Duke!
OFC

I voted, but I'm not even going to say who I voted for. We are playing some of our best ball of the season and should be really excited about how this team is trending, but all we want to do is discuss is if it was Grayson's fault that we lost to BC. Or argue about whether Grayson deserves the praise he is getting, or if Grayson is being the leader he is supposed to be. My god. We bitched about defense forever, and look at the Kenpom jump we have made. We bitched about outside shooting forever and look at how much better we are shooting it now. We have a lot to be excited about. Grayson has 3 kick ass games in a row, and I am really excited to see how we play if Marvin comes back. I still think we "may" be better switching him and Carter in and out, keeping them both fresh, but K knows more about that than me

It's a team game.
Some people can't see the forest for the trees in front of them. Trying to lead 4 freshmen, help them learn Duke's system, all while trying to remember to score his points too. Not to mention all 4 freshmen are alphas.
Grayson has done a fine job as our senior captain. His scoring suffered, but not his leadership.
Let's also remember every road game he's treated like a criminal.

Some people can't see the forest for the trees in front of them. Trying to lead 4 freshmen, help them learn Duke's system, all while trying to remember to score his points too. Not to mention all 4 freshmen are alphas.
Grayson has done a fine job as our senior captain. His scoring suffered, but not his leadership.
Let's also remember every road game he's treated like a criminal.

I recall half the people on here questioning his leadership skills earlier. Yall are so up and down. hahahaha

Grayson role as captain has probably been more challenging than most before him-for a number of reasons. His willingness to make his job harder to acclimate the Freshman the first half of the year very well could be the leading reason for #6 if that comes to be. He has probably been playing with some injury issues that have not been well advertised that affected his shooting that he has been criticized for. Really think he has not gotten crefit for his leadership by many without us having all of the details.

I voted for Grayson
That in no way takes away from Carter. Amazing. Someone mentioned his altered shots in addition to the blocks. Very true. If I had considered the #of altered shots, that might have swayed me back to picking Wendell. Tje Ville missing good looks near the basket, or, passing up shots near the basket is probably one of the bjggest factors in that win and our last 3 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT