ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino

Point taken. And yeah I know who Rupp is but UK was at an extremely dark place when pitino came he saved y'all from the complete brink of destruction. It takes a VERY special person to do that. No matter how you feel about his personal life, on the professional level he did something for y'all not many coulda done. He put you back on top and set you on the path you're on today. Sure you may think Cal did the same thing after the drunk you had but truth is you were still UK when he came but without pitino it's possible he woulda had nothing to come to
Do you REALLY think we were on the verge of no return???

I know y'all don't like UK but let's be real, we are UK. That's not being naive or obnoxious. We would have risen back up either way. We had and still have a rich tradition in which a lot of non UK players, coaches, analyst, etc.. Believe we are the best college basketball program historically and present. I'm bias, I agree. ;)

Do you think that if Duke went on probation this year and K retired that y'all would be irrelevant from now on? Do you think if another coach came in and won some games that "That Coach" saved Duke basketball and he would be the best thing that ever happened for Duke basketball?

I get tired of all fanbases saying that another team with deep tradition and a winning history is tied into their current coach.

To be honest, Duke would be a great example.

Duke had a very good program before K. But they couldn't reach that next tier. K took them there and has kept them there. He's built Duke basketball, a national powerhouse that deserves to be included in the top power teams in the country, let alone history.

Do you think once K leaves that Duke will fall back to where they were before K? I say hell no.

That's why when I see all these fans saying when Cal leaves, K leaves, Roy leaves, all these teams are going be bad, I LMMFAO at everyone that says that.

Dean built UNC, Rupp built UK, K built Duke. We all will survive.

We might have a bad coach or two. We might have a couple of bad seasons. But our schools will survive and keep winning.

I mean.....

may30th.jpg

Just a question rip but is there a reason you only have 19 posts and it seems all of them are on our board?

Well, Einstein, I tell ya....it's because I have 19 on THIS board alone. And I was having a civil conversation with a couple of guys on here til you came along. Now run along to your PS4.

No, but does the NCAA have the ppower to retroactively declare a student athlete ineligible, and hterefore vacate wins and tournament appearances?
Absolutely.. And this is what me and a bunch of others hope happens in the UNC case! If the NCAA had found wrongdoing in the Maggette case then Duke would have had to vacate those wins just like UMass did.

No, but does the NCAA have the ppower to retroactively declare a student athlete ineligible, and hterefore vacate wins and tournament appearances?
That has happened multiple times over the years (UK in the 1950's, Calipari's vacated Final Four at UMass, Calipari's vacated Final Four at Memphis, The Chris Webber years at UM, the recent stuff with Syracuse, etc.).

Yea, we owned that one. Unlike other schools....
Exactly what NCAA-mandate infractions is Duke denying? Because I think you are upset that Duke is not acknowledging and "owning" nonexistent infractions you wish they had gotten, and that is a very different thing.

Reactions: pisgah101
Well, Einstein, I tell ya....it's because I have 19 on THIS board alone. And I was having a civil conversation with a couple of guys on here til you came along. Now run along to your PS4.
I don't play video games

Last edited:
Absolutely.. And this is what me and a bunch of others hope happens in the UNC case! If the NCAA had found wrongdoing in the Maggette case then Duke would have had to vacate those wins just like UMass did.

Exactly what NCAA-mandate infractions is Duke denying? Because I think you are upset that Duke is not acknowledging and "owning" nonexistent infractions you wish they had gotten, and that is a very different thing.

And therein lies the rub. The NCAA did nothing. Maggette was an ineligible player, but no sanctions were imposed at Duke. Lance Thomas can have $100,00 worth of jewelry but nothing is given more than a cursory glance. Yet, when things of the same nature happen elsewhere, then the hammer drops. I hate UNC almost as much as I hate Louisville, but for you guys to act like you've been squeaky clean in the last 15 years is not true. The NCAA has simply chosen not to hold Duke accountable.

And therein lies the rub. The NCAA did nothing. Maggette was an ineligible player, but no sanctions were imposed at Duke. Lance Thomas can have $100,00 worth of jewelry but nothing is given more than a cursory glance. Yet, when things of the same nature happen elsewhere, then the hammer drops. I hate UNC almost as much as I hate Louisville, but for you guys to act like you've been squeaky clean in the last 15 years is not true. The NCAA has simply chosen not to hold Duke accountable.

Actually it is true. Please show me any ACTUAL NCAA infractions in those last 15 years.

This is fact/reality vs. unproven accusation. I am very, very happy to be on the fact/proven/definitive side of that argument. Duke has zero NCAA infractions in that 15 years you speak of. You don't have to like it, but you can't change facts. That is what makes them facts.

LGD said "if the NCAA had found wrongdoing". Just because the NCAA didn't "find" wrongdoing does not mean it didn't occur.

Reactions: lil2coupe
Actually it is true. Please show me any ACTUAL NCAA infractions in those last 15 years.

This is fact/reality vs. unproven accusation. I am very, very happy to be on the fact/proven/definitive side of that argument. Duke has zero NCAA infractions in that 15 years you speak of. You don't have to like it, but you can't change facts. That is what makes them facts.

You are right; that does not mean they didn't occur. OJ got acquitted too. But the point is, Duke is held to a different standard than the rest of the NCAA. Which was my original point....

On a related note, let me see if I can get a direct answer to a direct question that I think illustrates some of this argument:

Is it your personal opinion (just yours) that Calipari was unaware that Camby was receiving money and prostitutes from boosters while playing at UMass? And do you think he was unaware that Rose cheated on the SATs, when after multiple failures he succeeds on a test in a different state?

You are contending that it would be crazy for me to believe nothing happened in the cases you mention, even though the NCAA didn't impose sanctions, so I'm curious as to your answer to those questions.

On a related note, let me see if I can get a direct answer to a direct question that I think illustrates some of this argument:

Is it your personal opinion (just yours) that Calipari was unaware that Camby was receiving money and prostitutes from boosters while playing at UMass? And do you think he was unaware that Rose cheated on the SATs, when after multiple failures he succeeds on a test in a different state?

You are contending that it would be crazy for me to believe nothing happened in the cases you mention, even though the NCAA didn't impose sanctions, so I'm curious as to your answer to those questions.

I am contending that the NCAA said Calipari was not liable in either case, yet it stripped both schools of tournament appearances and wins. One (Memphis) after the NCAA cleared Rose not once but twice. Then you have a kid who ADMITS to breaking the rules (accepting money) but nothing is done.

So let me get this straight... Player X receives money while in high school. The college and college coach knows nothing of it and has absolutely nothing to do with it. Player X is then ineligible to play for that college?

If that is the case, could I go and give $100 to Wenyen Gabriel and he would immediately become ineligible at UK next year? I'm obviously not as clear on the rules as I thought I was.

So as long as the college coach professes not to know anything about it then its ok? Hell, there's a high likelihood that Skal will be punished because Hamilton ASKED for money. ASKED, not received. But Thomas pays $30,000 down on $100,00 dollars worth of jewlelry while playing at Duke and the NCAA says "nothing to see here?" Maggette, and 3 or 4 others, are being paid by AAU coaches and that's not illegal?

So as long as the college coach professes not to know anything about it then its ok?
That's the way I thought it was and the way it should be. How can you hold a college coach/program accountable for something they know nothing about that happened before the kids even get to college? But the same rules should apply for all programs for sure.

I am contending that the NCAA said Calipari was not liable in either case, yet it stripped both schools of tournament appearances and wins. One (Memphis) after the NCAA cleared Rose not once but twice. Then you have a kid who ADMITS to breaking the rules (accepting money) but nothing is done.

How on earth can you say that I am "deflecting" when you answer a direct question that way you just did.

I am contending that is my personal opinion (and no one else's) that in the Maggette case, the potential punishment would have fit the crime (had he returned to school) because the suspension he would have gotten is what all of his contemporaries got, regardless of school. I will admit to bias, but I don't think that is a crazy inductive leap.

Also, I don't think it is crazy to contend that in Lance Thomas's case, he proved the things he needed to prove to the NCAA, because they got enough answers to elect not to pursue. Again, that is my opinion. The facts are that both instances resulted in no NCAA infractions (which is definitely something that helps inform my opinion).

So again I'll ask, because you and I both know you didn't really answer. In your own personal opinion (not what the NCAA said - what YOU think) was Calipari unaware of the happenings with Camby and Rose?

Also, your $100,000 figure is an inaccurate exaggeration.

In as much as K was in the other 2 instances
How on earth can you say that I am "deflecting" when you answer a direct question that way you just did.

I am contending that is my personal opinion (and no one else's) that in the Maggette case, the potential punishment would have fit the crime (had he returned to school) because the suspension he would have gotten is what all of his contemporaries got, regardless of school. I will admit to bias, but I don't think that is a crazy inductive leap.

Also, I don't think it is crazy to contend that in Lance Thomas's case, he proved the things he needed to prove to the NCAA, because they got enough answers to elect not to pursue. Again, that is my opinion. The facts are that both instances resulted in no NCAA infractions (which is definitely something that helps inform my opinion).

So again I'll ask, because you and I both know you didn't really answer. In your own personal opinion (not what the NCAA said - what YOU think) was Calipari unaware of the happenings with Camby and Rose?
...yes.

On my screen it looks like you guys are arguing with no one. I think my "block/ignore" feature is working. Ya'll need to try it.

Reactions: sgrooms
I guess that is closer, but why won't you just supply a genuine direct answer? In just your personal opinion, do you think he was unaware (don't reference other coaches or NCAA findings - your personal opinion)? You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine which I detailed for you earlier.

I mean.....

may30th.jpg
so that's you're come back? LMMFAO:)

I reconsidered, you're right! Completely right, I'm totally wrong. There's no way in hell that UK could ever recover without Pitino over a supposably letter that wasn't sealed to Mill's for $1,000.00

You're right. $1,000 sealed our fate. I hope to God we don't lose Coach Cal because we want find anyone who wants to come to UK.

If we can't find someone to replace Cal then good luck to Duke. Y'all need it. Evidentally in your mind tradition doesn't mean ish.

By the way, read up on that Mill's ish and tell me if it doesn't smell like BS

so that's you're come back? LMMFAO:)

I reconsidered, you're right! Completely right, I'm totally wrong. There's no way in hell that UK could ever recover without Pitino over a supposably letter that wasn't sealed to Mill's for $1,000.00

You're right. $1,000 sealed our fate. I hope to God we don't lose Coach Cal because we want find anyone who wants to come to UK.

If we can't find someone to replace Cal then good luck to Duke. Y'all need it. Evidentally in your mind tradition doesn't mean ish.

By the way, read up on that Mill's ish and tell me if it doesn't smell like BS
Hahaha JC I'm totally messing with you I like you as a poster and like you're insight. I may of been a little extreme but I do believe Pitino was a god send at a time your program needed one! Here's to a good season and a good butt whooping of y'all in November :p

Yeah right. Who is we? Are you speaking for UK nation when you say we or just yourself. I think Cal gets away with things that Coach K or any other coach can't get away with.You use the word respect then in the next sentence you use the word hate. It seems as though as UK nation really has it in for Pitino. Would you depise Cal the way you despise Pitino if he left UK for another blue blood program. I've been around a while and remember very well how UK nation felt about Cal while he was a Memphis and not your coach then when he got the UK job he was the man for the job. UK nation as a whole is full of crap. The only time I will pull for UK is when they are playing UNC and that's not saying a lot. OFC
Yeah right. Who is we? Are you speaking for UK nation when you say we or just yourself. I think Cal gets away with things that Coach K or any other coach can't get away with.You use the word respect then in the next sentence you use the word hate. It seems as though as UK nation really has it in for Pitino. Would you depise Cal the way you despise Pitino if he left UK for another blue blood program. I've been around a while and remember very well how UK nation felt about Cal while he was a Memphis and not your coach then when he got the UK job he was the man for the job. UK nation as a whole is full of crap. The only time I will pull for UK is when they are playing UNC and that's not saying a lot. OFC

Would you love K if he left Duke and went to coach UNC (your most hated rival)? Louisville is not just another Blue blood program. They are UK's biggest rival. Pitino had a chance to go to almost any program he wanted but decided to go to UK's biggest rival. The same school he called Little Brother when he was at Kentucky.

So since the NCAA found no wrongdoing by K nor the Duke program in the jewelry store case it had to be due to preferential treatment, right? No other explanation.

It is not that the NCAA found no wrong doing they just did not get Lance or the Jewelry Store to talk. The same thing happened with Rose at Memphis. Rose refused to talk to the NCAA after he left school about his SAT. The NCAA ruled him ineligible with no proof and vacated the entire season. The NCAA had the lawsuit from the Jeweler to prove Lance owed several thousand dollars. The same with Corey. It was proven he took money from a coach while in High School which should have made him ineligible in college. Therefore the games he played at Duke should have been vacated. The NCAA just turned their head. Nothing to see here.Seems like a double standard to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru
It was proven maggette took money at Duke?? What does any of this have to do with Pitino! Lol and what does UK have to do with Duke? NOTHING

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT