ADVERTISEMENT

Other games

Glad to see the Packers lose. Chris, can the Bengals beat the Ravens in back to back weeks?

I hope so, buddy. I'm pulling for your Bengals since my Raiders hired McDonalds, and we didn't do shit this year but blow double-digit 2nd half-leads and get rid of our franchise QB.

Reactions: christophero
and OU chokes it away at Fogg Allen....what is it with that gym....teams always capitulate at the end

One of the Kentucky guys on the national board said that you could get tickets to that game for $4. That's a level of desperation that you would have never predicted out of Kentucky.
Ironically by removing the guy with the Go to Texas sign it gets more attention than if security had just let him sit there. Their fan base is a laughingstock whose phones only become operational after a half gallon of moonshine apparently

After hearing about UK nonstop, I checked out their schedule (haven't really followed them at all otherwise). I see they have lost some games recently, but what is it that has them asking for Cal's head on a pike? I fully expected to go and see they have lost like their last 7 games or something to warrant the outrage. I guess it just must be how they look. It can't be all Cal's fault though, right? What happens when they get what they want - Cal fired - and then he gets replaced with a new coach that ends up doing worse. Will they self-reflect?

After hearing about UK nonstop, I checked out their schedule (haven't really followed them at all otherwise). I see they have lost some games recently, but what is it that has them asking for Cal's head on a pike? I fully expected to go and see they have lost like their last 7 games or something to warrant the outrage. I guess it just must be how they look. It can't be all Cal's fault though, right? What happens when they get what they want - Cal fired - and then he gets replaced with a new coach that ends up doing worse. Will they self-reflect?
Who Cares? OFC

Pretty sure the mods from rafters are running security at rupp.

4 and 18 against ranked teams.

• Haha
Reactions: JimboSlice00
Might be its own thread but are the current issues with UK and its dire season symptomatic of great young recruiting classes but having no senior depth or allegiance to the program? ( for want of a better phrase)
UK has arguably had the best recruiting class or top 5 for at least 5 years or more correct? yet the results have been minimal and now the toll is being paid maybe? Does this portend what may be in store for our program if we continue down the path of highly ranked HS players vs trying to build a team via multi-year players? I know this has been discussed before but it seems that there is now a potential example of the pitfalls...UK....and currently what our squad is capable of....could be an anomaly this year but could also be the start of the demise of the OAD strategy? would welcome your thoughts.

They've had a rough stretch. They didn't make the tournament 2 years ago. Last year they got bounced early by St. Peter's. They are 10-6 now with a tough schedule ahead. That's a dismal 3 year stretch for a blue blood.

Maybe if Caleb Love showed up for at least half of the game instead of the last 3 minutes they would have won. He was 1-8 before he started hitting those threes. The only thing he is consistent at is playing well against us. I’m sure he’ll have 25+ both games.
Love’s stats in the 3 UNCheat games last year:
FG: 18-47 (38.3% vs 37.1% for year)
3P: 6-22 (27.3% vs 36% for year)
A: 10; TO: 9

If he scores a lot of points it will be because he takes a lot of shots.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Love is a streaky shooter. A lot of times he's just awful, but, he hits them when the game is getting down to the end. That's a very sad truth. UCLA and Duke know all too well, and Virginia almost found out last night.

Love’s stats in the 3 UNCheat games last year:
FG: 18-47 (38.3% vs 37.1% for year)
3P: 6-22 (27.3% vs 36% for year)
A: 10; TO: 9

If he scores a lot of points it will be because he takes a lot of shots.
That game we dominated them he had 8 points. But he is 4-1 against Duke and averages nearly 24 points per game on 44% shooting in the 4 wins. And he has the knack for hitting big shots against us. Even in the CIS win last year when he shot 4-17 he still got to the line and ended up with 22 points.

That game we dominated them he had 8 points. But he is 4-1 against Duke and averages nearly 24 points per game on 44% shooting in the 4 wins. And he has the knack for hitting big shots against us. Even in the CIS win last year when he shot 4-17 he still got to the line and ended up with 22 points.
Love's such a jerk too. He's a real prima donna who talks trash and has a real mean edge to him. We must show we're not intimidated by him. Can our guards do so??? OFC

Love's such a jerk too. He's a real prima donna who talks trash and has a real mean edge to him. We must show we're not intimidated by him. Can our guards do so??? OFC
He and Bacot learned to defend themselves with trash talk cus they were always insulted due to their looks. I kid but it probably served to give them an edge they might not otherwise have

Reactions: hart2chesson
I don't place as much stock in the Covid year games as you do. Love has shot 36% in his career. Very inefficient. Would probably get crucified on this board for his shooting volume if he was at Duke.

He and Bacot learned to defend themselves with trash talk cus they were always insulted due to their looks. I kid but it probably served to give them an edge they might not otherwise have
KD you're right. No Brad Pitt here, but those two did get whipped badly with the ugly stick! OFC

Reactions: KDSTONE
Scores out west: Gonzaga survives by one at BYU. BYU had them on the ropes and missed some late free throws. UCLA beats Utah for their 12th straight win. UCLA's freshman center Bona has really come on lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: KDSTONE
Gonzaga survives by one at BYU. BYU had them on the ropes and missed some late free throws. UCLA beats Utah for their 12th straight win. UCLA's freshman center Bona has really come on lately.
I guess Byu will be in the Big 12. next season Is Gonzaga going or are they still in talks or was it just the rumor mill? What have you heard out there?

My understanding is the Pac 12 won't take Gonzaga as they don't have a football team. I haven't heard anything about the Big 12 but I haven't really been following it either. I have heard San Diego State may joining the Pac 12.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT