ADVERTISEMENT

Other games

UNC is not as good right now as we were in March last season, but we’re way better than we were in December of last year. You are spot on for now.
lol. Unc will be a 7 to 9 seed. Duke won’t win any games on the road. 8 or 9 seed

UNC is not as good right now as we were in March last season, but we’re way better than we were in December of last year. You are spot on for now.
Nance is not the player Manek was…..I don’t see him morphing into anything as valuable, suddenly. The unit is still good, don’t get me wrong, just not as good as the starting 5 last year with Brady….

Honest question: does anyone think we would beat UNC at the moment? I don't. Would you bet your next paycheck on it? We could improve by the time we play them and be healthier. But right now, whether they look good or not, no. Plus they always get up for us. Maybe not last year @UNC but AJ played out of his mind that day. I'm hoping for a split.

Last edited:
Honest question: does anyone think we would beat UNC at the moment? I don't. Would you bet your next paycheck on it? We could improve by the time we play them and be healthier. But right now, whether they look good or not, no. Plus they always get up for us. Maybe not last year @UNC but AJ played out of his mind that day. I'm hoping for a split.
I’d take a split with them and not see the court. Not sure if we’ll get better or not, but I think we’ve seen the last of the holes playing bad. They will be a force from here on out.

I pray I’m wrong

No, as is Duke goes 0-2 against them. Bacot may go 25/20 both games.

I'm hoping for a split, but we need all hands on deck for that. K always had a wrinkle to throw at them. Not the last 2 games obviously. Strangely enough we have more luck at their place, but these guys have not proven to be road warriors. Maybe they will be eventually.

Reactions: Fourteen44
@RaulJones laugh away, clown. But as I expected, you can’t refute my spot-on call: UNC isn’t as good as last year😊
They are about the same as they were last year at this point.

Inconsistent and lethargic.

Players with new roles still adjusting. This team may actually have a bench in the long run though. Once Jalen Washington gets healthy.

Better can only be if they win the NC anyways.

They are about the same as they were last year at this point.

Inconsistent and lethargic.

Players with new roles still adjusting. This team may actually have a bench in the long run though. Once Jalen Washington gets healthy.

Better can only be if they win the NC anyways.
That is nothing…..they are missing a vital piece. Nance is not the overall player Manek was. The bench? Lol, really? Puff Johnson, for example, is the same😂

I’d take a split with them and not see the court. Not sure if we’ll get better or not, but I think we’ve seen the last of the holes playing bad. They will be a force from here on out.

I pray I’m wrong
The X factor could be Love. If he’s playing within himself they’re tough to beat. If he’s jacking up 25 ft fadeaways not so much

Reactions: Mac9192

I pray I’m wrong
Hate to say it about The 'Holes, but your projection looks right.

No way, and that's painful to say. It's been a while since I felt that way. I see The Cheaters toying with us. I foresee watching as much as I can with the sound muted(Bilas will be ooohing and ahhhing over his fave team), and the rout could get so bad I flip it off.

They're playing much better and showing signs of the team they were until (THANKFULLY!!!!),the 2nd half of the NC game vs Kansas. Jon has a huge task to get us ready enough just to compete vs UNC CHEAT. Fortunately there is still plenty of time. Right now, this week's preparation and practice time for FSU is critical.

OFC

Reactions: christophero
Does anyone know if Roach, Lively and Whitehead are practicing? I guess they have off til after Christmas anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
No way, and that's painful to say. It's been a while since I felt that way. I see The Cheaters toying with us. I foresee watching as much as I can with the sound muted(Bilas will be ooohing and ahhhing over his fave team), and the rout could get so bad I flip it off.

They're playing much better and showing signs of the team they were until (THANKFULLY!!!!),the 2nd half of the NC game vs Kansas. Jon has a huge task to get us ready enough just to compete vs UNC CHEAT. Fortunately there is still plenty of time. Right now, this week's preparation and practice time for FSU is critical.

OFC
Hate to beat a dead horse, but losing in Winston S drives home the fact that we can’t afford to lose many at home. Every game is critical

Hate to beat a dead horse, but losing in Winston S drives home the fact that we can’t afford to lose many at home. Every game is critical
KD good point. When you lose a game like at Wake you expect to win, you start looking ahead as a fan(at least I do) at the remaining schedule and saying, " Now here's a game if we win would offset the Wake loss." Makes it tougher. As you noted, "Every game is critical." Heaven forbid if we crap the bed vs FSU!! OFC

We shouldn't lose to FSU, but they are playing better. With Coach K there was a safety net; other than 2 years ago we never seemed to lose 3 in a row. It will be interesting to see how we respond. I assume Lively and Whitehead will be back. If they have the flu that can set you back a week. I think we've learned that this team does not have a lot of margin for error.

We shouldn't lose to FSU, but they are playing better. With Coach K there was a safety net; other than 2 years ago we never seemed to lose 3 in a row. It will be interesting to see how we respond. I assume Lively and Whitehead will be back. If they have the flu that can set you back a week. I think we've learned that this team does not have a lot of margin for error.
FSU beat UVA. Need I say more? OFC

I will say more. My post was moronic. Don't know what I was thinking of except, maybe, another Budwieser. Should confine posting to before 5PM.

OFC
DI it just confirms you are truly a member of the wacky world of the OFC's!!! No disgrace, all are destined for it!! We're grumpy old men who fight bitterness over a Duke loss with Jim, Jack, George, Uncle Bud, etc!!

OFC

DI it just confirms you are truly a member of the wacky world of the OFC's!!! No disgrace, all are destined for it!! We're grumpy old men who fight bitterness over a Duke loss with Jim, Jack, George, Uncle Bud, etc!!

OFC
Truth, Brother. It's fun to laugh even if it's at oneself. Every now and then we do need to lighten up.

OFC

If I was drunk my 10 observations would become 30, and 29 of them would be bad.
Somehow I can believe that. 😂Yeh this board needs a sober Christoph.
Still livin rent free. Dude at Ken Mizzou game has an I still hate Laettner shirt on. Coach Cal might not beat Laettner if they ran for mayor of
Lexington at this point. They might as well cancel the rest of the season if they lose tonight They’re making Tigers look like a FF team

Ouch. What are they 9 and 5 now? just checked 8-4. U Conn beats Villanova to go to 14-0. I haven't seen U Conn play but I heard they are very good. Danny Hurley doing a great job. Nova falls to 7-6 but they are improving. Gonzaga struggled with Eastern Oregon but eventually pulled away 120-42. St. Johns down 11 to Xavier. Florida loses to Auburn and drops to 7-6.

Last edited:
I know so many Kentucky fans that I want to be able to rub it in because they are really struggling, and look pretty bad. However, I suppose I shouldn't because we may not be much better lol. REALLY need a W Saturday to get the mojo back!

I know so many Kentucky fans that I want to be able to rub it in because they are really struggling, and look pretty bad. However, I suppose I shouldn't because we may not be much better lol. REALLY need a W Saturday to get the mojo back!
Prob true. Saw where the O/U for the Kentucky Iowa fb game Sat is 31 may be the lowest I’ve ever seen

Not many games of interest tonight. Good day of college football. Washington Huskies play Texas. Syracuse lost to Minnesota. Duke beat UCF in their bowl game and North Carolina loses a last second heartbreaker to Oregon. :) Tomorrow Notre Dame plays South Carolina and UCLA plays Pitt in football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT