ADVERTISEMENT

Other ACC Basketball 19-20

FSU did their part and now it’s our turn to do our part against Wake Forest tomorrow night, which I think we should with no problem because we beat them by 31 the first time we played back in January.

Reactions: skysdad
I did not use the PTRF tonight for WF game. Felt like we wouldn't need it. Thought about sending it to cheater hill tonight to help NCSU
beat the cheaters but changed my mind. Thought it be a waste of good money because even with paying the refs the cheaters are gonna beat NCSU no matter what. OFC

Reactions: toophly1124
And of course State is doing state things. Just got 40 dropped on them in 1 half. Dear God, imagine being swept by this UNC team. Then imagine vetting blown out by that team. Ugh

87949794_2712715932098705_6531965784799838208_n.jpg

God watching uva is painful

UVa fan here. Yes, on offense, we are painful to watch.

But on defense, I could not disagree more. Watching Virginia's defense is fascinating. All five defenders constantly react to where the ball is and to what is likely to happen next (often before it happens, thereby thwarting its opponent).. To hear people complain about UVa basketball, particularly its defense, befuddles me. If you are a true basketball fan, you should appreciate both great offense AND great defense.

Again, no dispute with the season's version of UVa offense. It is pretty awful. But sometime take the time to watch what happens on defense and perhaps you might learn to appreciate how amazing it really is.

But on defense, I could not disagree more. Watching Virginia's defense is fascinating. All five defenders constantly react to where the ball is and to what is likely to happen next (often before it happens, thereby thwarting its opponent).. To hear people complain about UVa basketball, particularly its defense, befuddles me. If you are a true basketball fan, you should appreciate both great offense AND great defense.

Again, no dispute with the season's version of UVa offense. It is pretty awful. But sometime take the time to watch what happens on defense and perhaps you might learn to appreciate how amazing it really is.

I don't think anyone would dispute that UVA has been elite defensively since Bennett's arrival (and I don't think I see anyone doing that if I'm not mistaken). Saying it is not the style you prefer from an aesthetic standpoint is not a comment on its effectiveness. I appreciate its effectiveness for sure, but I readily admit it is not a style I prefer. I am 37, so I grew up watching the ACC in the 1990's, with guys like Laettner, Tim Duncan, Antawn Jamison, Kenny Anderson, Grant Hill, Randolph Childress, Joe Smith, Bobby Hurley, Vince Carter, etc., and that is more intriguing to me - more pace, more possessions, more scoring. That is not to say great defense isn't vital - every championship team plays some version of it - I just don't dig games regularly in the 50's. To each his own of course.

Should be a great game Saturday. Duke is bipolar, so we will see which version you get.

Reactions: jwill133

It’s more about preference, I’d venture to guess.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a team play better defense over the length of time UVA has. As a basketball fan, I appreciate and admire it.

Having said that, for me, it’s more boring than it is fun. That doesn’t make me right, it’s just my honest opinion.

Not ACC but UCLA is red hot right now. If they beat Arizona today they will probably be on the bubble. That coach has really turned it around. Jeter is back playing after being injured.

Last edited:
Let’s go Pitt!!! Hoping State loses every game from here on out. They have become my 3rd most hated team after the way they got thumped by the holes but play out of their mind against Duke
they do it every year- beat duke then roll over and die against the holes. I still pull for them at times when they are not playing duke.

For everyone who thinks that Kansas and Baylor look way more dominant that we do, Kansas barely squeaked by in a game against Kansas St., who have won 2 conference games and who they beat by 20+ earlier in the year and Baylor is currently down late to TCU. The one difference may be that both of those teams still played pretty solid defense but didn’t score very well. This year’s tournament will be crazy, I bet there will be some surprises in the Final 4.

Good grief..that barely hit the rim.....i think Clemson is about to do a Clemson UNC collapse
This last 22 seconds could last a good 5 mins

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT