ADVERTISEMENT

ND 2 Duke 1

Hell son, you could beat us 3 times a year if we won it all every year. No one here is going to complain.

Only ND fans will remember that and I am sure the Duke team will not be too worried about it when they take a trip to the White House to shake the hand of the president for winning the national title for a 5th time.

No doubt. Notre Dame is a great team and had a great year. And, they beat the National Champs twice.

But they aren't the National Champs. Duke is.

Haha.

ND - lost to the team, that lost to the team, that lost to us.

Funny, I don't recall seeing any ND players at the Final Four or in the National Championship game. Also, I didn't see any Championship merchandise anywhere that said ND on it, so I'm pretty sure the Duke Team and us fans don't give a rat's @$$ about those games now. Duke is the Champs and that's all that matters!

I like Bray and would have supported him for NCOY....Irish had a good season, highlighted by those two wins and the conference tournament title.

That having been said, the only thing that defines a season is who is the last team standing. Duke won all of their games when the pressure was the most intense. When that happens, it erases the previous games that went in favor of the opponent.

I still tip my cap to Notre Dame. Anytime you beat the eventual national champs twice, you have earned respect

Of all the teams and of all the possible trolls (a.k.a fans) i can genuinely say notre dame would have never crossed my mind to be the team who would have a troll post something like this. Look fella unless you wanna be lumped in and compared to uk fans, uncheat fans, etc etc then stick to what really matters. Things like the absolutely fantastic season yall had, the pretty damn solid pro grant is going to make, and the great job mike brey did this season especially taking uk into the last ten seconds of the fifteenth round. Just don't make senseless posts about something mike brey would never have said before the season "ok guys the season will be a success if we beat duke more than they beat us" or something he would never have said after the season was over "guys keep those heads held high, we did beat duke twice compared to only losing once to them". This has long been one of my favorite things to hear from DUKE haters whether it be "well we beat yall more than yall beat us" or "we beat yall this year n yall didn't beat us" or my personal favorite "we made it farther than yall in the tournament". None of those are, well shouldn't be a teams goal, those should be Championships whether they be in conference or national form. Because i assure you i dont know of any program or conference that hands out trophies or t-shirts for the three phrases i listed above. Ur repping a world renowned university thats full of class...

Really! And what did ND get Bob? Well they got to sit at home with the rest of college basketball and watch Duke win #5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT