ADVERTISEMENT

Must suck

germantondevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 12, 2006
Germanton NC
To be a Clemson fan. There’s Clemson fans that will live a long healthy life before they pass away and will never experience that euphoric feeling of kicking UNCheats azz in their house. That’s sad.

Reactions: Mac9192
To be a Clemson fan. There’s Clemson fans that will live a long healthy life before they pass away and will never experience that euphoric feeling of kicking UNCheats azz in their house. That’s sad.
Yea I know. I was SO SO hoping they would! I’m still mad about them getting damn lucky and escaping ND. Should have lost that game!

Reactions: germantondevil
That losing streak at Chapel Hole is one of the most amazing stats I have ever seen in sports history. Clemson must be embarrassed as hell....like, every year.

Didn't UNC sweep them in 2002 when they went 8-20?

Also, wasn't there a time within the last 10 years that Clemson was up double-digits in Chapel Hill with under 10 minutes left and completely collapsed?

Obviously it's in their heads. Now, I get that in 45 of 59 games UNC was probably a prohibitive favorite, but for it not to happen even one time is truly remarkable.

Reactions: sheyduke
Yep, which is why I never worry when we play them at home. And we didn't just barely beat them either, we beat them by 18.

Also, wasn't there a time within the last 10 years that Clemson was up double-digits in Chapel Hill with under 10 minutes left and completely collapsed?
They were up 11 with three minutes left in 2008. There has only been 6 games where the margin was in single digits or went to overtime, so it is almost always a comfortable win.

I believe it was 1975 when they lost 75-73 to a team with Kupchak,Ford,Walter Davis, Laguarde and John Kuester. Tree Rollins was a sophomore. Missed 2 free throws that either would have won the game. UNC scored to win by 2.
I was not there but UNC friend was and he is to blame If details are wrong.
Maybe Zion stops the streak next year. I forgot Luke Maye is back to stop down Zion.

I believe it was 1975 when they lost 75-73 to a team with Kupchak,Ford,Walter Davis, Laguarde and John Kuester. Tree Rollins was a sophomore. Missed 2 free throws that either would have won the game. UNC scored to win by 2.
I was not there but UNC friend was and he is to blame If details are wrong.
Maybe Zion stops the streak next year. I forgot Luke Maye is back to stop down Zion.

Maye is coming back? I thought the was a lottery pick?

Obviously it's in their heads. Now, I get that in 45 of 59 games UNC was probably a prohibitive favorite, but for it not to happen even one time is truly remarkable.
I was at that game. It went to triple OT and Hansbrough had 39 and 17. I thought for sure the streak was over

Yep, which is why I never worry when we play them at home. And we didn't just barely beat them either, we beat them by 18.

They were up 11 with three minutes left in 2008. There has only been 6 games where the margin was in single digits or went to overtime, so it is almost always a comfortable win.

It was in Clemson, but Wayne Ellington also hit a buzzer beater to win 90-88 in 2008. They just have the worst luck against us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT