ADVERTISEMENT

MSU / No Giles, Bolden or Tatum

Goodness dude, look at it this way; That quote was back when freshmen couldn't play on the real team.

Still a sound and solid shooting principle today "dude." ...Actually Wooden made that point during a telecast after he began doing some tv color work after his coaching career ended. Freshman had been eligible for a while....

OFC

Still a sound and solid shooting principle today "dude." ...Actually Wooden made that point during a telecast after he began doing some tv color work after his coaching career ended. Freshman had been eligible for a while....

OFC
Whatever, agree to disagree I guess.

Well yes. Of course Show. How in the world did I over look that. Looking back I think that was our finest season using the PTRF. Money well spent. OFC
The only problem is that I am afraid we are gonna have to get someone else to deliver the cash. If we keep using the same bagman we are sure to get caught.I suggest the OFC"S committee get together and pick a new person to handle this.Someone inconspicuous like maybe Show lol

Reactions: skysdad
It's not even December yet. As frustrating as it is, we're still a long long way from March. You'd be hard pressed to find many teams in the top 25 who could have three talents like Bolden/Giles/Tatum off their team and yet keep winning. It shows you how talented Duke's roster is and it also shows you that there is no ceiling in sight with the kind of talent for Duke that will be rejoining the lineup.

Reactions: KellenPatrick
From "The Chronicle"....

Most of Duke’s highly-touted freshman class has yet to see the floor due to an assortment of leg injuries. Marques Bolden and Harry Giles have progressed from only wearing street clothes early in the season to warming up with the team before Tuesday’s game, but it is still unclear when exactly the duo and Jayson Tatum—who dressed but did not run during warm-ups—will return.

“We’re getting closer. Jayson had a good workout today. He’s close. You see Harry is warming up better. He just needs some contact. And Marques is moving along. We’re getting there, but it’ll be a while...We just have to keep playing our butts off and win like we have been.”

After reading that last paragraph, I am going to make my prediction/statement. I think and I hope we shut down Grayson for the Maine game because of his toe. I hope delaurier and Jeter get more run as well. Sprinkle a little white from time to time in that game. And I still think we win by 10 plus points. Then I hope we have Grayson back for Flordia in New York and UNLV in Las Vegas. After those two games shut Grayson down for two months so that toe can heal. If we lose one or two of those games its not the end of the world. That gives Grayson's return date of Saturday Feb 18th against Wake Forest. With that being said I think Tatum hopefully returns Dec 19th against Tennessee state. As far as Bolden and Giles go, I feel Bolden will return sometime between Dec 19th Tennessee State game and between Louisville game January 14th. I feel like if Giles does have a chance to play it will be the same return date as Grayson's against his hometown team Wake Forest Saturday Feb. 18th. These are bold statements/predictions but reading between the lines from the last paragraph of the chronicle. Just hoping we get to see this team at full strength because right now and later UK,UNC, Villanova are the best teams i feel. But if we can get this team healthy I believe we are right there with them. Go Duke. I Live in Lexington and have to hear about the kitty cats all day and everyday. So i just keep to myself and say good things come to those who wait. Hoping if i keep my mouth shut, respect the game/opponent, don't discredit any team, and give every team props when they are deserving. Then I am hoping in the end Duke will have the last laugh with the waiting game approach.Then If that happens i will be able to let everyone in this city have it. hoping/praying we count them down nets in april.Go duke

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT